View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 414 of 415 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415 LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    the whole tier has started except for that one division, we're cool to wait.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The Tuftybushe Fruitcakes(Half) vs Tzeenchian Spirit(Elf)
    It was a low AV game, and for that reason alone the end result was a complete disappointment for the fans, no major injuries, nothing but stuns from fouls and failures to break armour were a blight. All in all a waste of a game. I hope to cause more damage next game.

The Tuftybushe Fruitcakes 0 - 5 Tzeenchian Spirit

Post game:
    My blodge Blitzer got Diving tackle, my dodge Catcher got blodge, my plain blitzer got blodge and my plain catcher got +mv.... Freaking elves.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 15-12-2012 at 11:55 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Blimey, that was close. Thought all was set to go in K and suddenly I'm narrowly avoiding not playing. Sorry for the delay guys.

Not at all, sorry to chivvy you and thank you for applying so quickly when your division got changed around.
    I've started the season for J and am sorting the fixtures to match the spreadsheet - please arrange your matches.

Until we can get

Drawlien up to Div C

I'd be willing to stick one of my unused teams in there to get it started and allow the other players to schedule their match - Joeyjojo and Jolima, are you guys in a hurry to play?
    Last edited by President Weasel; 16-12-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Ok, just pinged drawlien via PM to get C started, hopefully he'll spot that today.

I notice thekev got his application in a fraction after I called the start of the new season :-(. Which is unfortunate.

We could resurrect division K for this season if, edgarthepeaceful, you'd still like to join us, if you get an application into K and we get another filler team there AND kev moves his application over to division K sharpish, we can get that division going? How does that sound?

Also, webcole, only got your application for the groups this morning, but approved, you should now be able to post!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Also, webcole, only got your application for the groups this morning, but approved, you should now be able to post!
    Thanking you.

Division B

Da Blu Moonz (Orc - Dentharial) vs. The Dead Comic Society (Khemri - me)

0 - 1

Really fun match for my return to BloodBowl, despite the skewed casualty line. My Khemri suffered no less than 5 KOs, and 5 Injuries, Dentharial's Orcs took but a single KO and a single Injury. Neither side took any permanent hits, though one of my LoS Skeletons is MNG with a Gouged Eye (Skeletons don't have eyes. How does one gouge that which does not exist?).

Highlights of the match include:
    • A most excellent chainpush, ball hand-off, and GFI for a Thro-Ra to sneak down the sideline and net the sole TD.
    • Every Tomb Guardian being either KOed or Injured
    • Dentharial's Wizard being lost to Cyanide
    • An almightly cluster-fuck in the Orc half which ended with the ball bouncing onto a Black Orc, and enough delays to stop the Orcs from scoring
    • The second half ending with only 3 Khemri left on the pitch and a full Orc side

Post-match starts as the last few seasons have ended, with MVP landing on a bench Skeleton who has now not got on the field in his life but has stolen three MVP awards. GAHHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Ok, just pinged drawlien via PM to get C started, hopefully he'll spot that today.

I notice thekev got his application in a fraction after I called the start of the new season :-(. Which is unfortunate.

We could resurrect division K for this season if, edgarthepeaceful, you'd still like to join us, if you get an application into K and we get another filler team there AND kev moves his application over to division K sharpish, we can get that division going? How does that sound?

Applied for Div K with "Bad Santas".

Edgar and Kev, get your applications in please. Let's do this thing!

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Applied for Div K with "Bad Santas".Edgar and Kev, get your applications in please. Let's do this thing!
    Nice one.I may be being an idiot, but I can't find League K to apply to in the League Finder application - I can see all the others. Maybe it has been deactivated or something?Edgar[EDIT - Turns out I AM an idiot. Had to scroll through a page with the arrows]
    Last edited by Edgar The Peaceful; 16-12-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    "We had to apologise for him with our set. They were still booing him when we were on" - David St Hubbins

In other news:

Division B, match 1

President Weasel (Chaos) 1 - 1 Smaug Marmojet (Nurgle)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...42EB275E0A809/

My team just melted away in the second half. At least I managed to apoc Professor Cox's dead to a fractured leg; that's something.
    After a rather disheartening first half for me, that second half really was a bit brutal. All of a sudden I went from rolling nothing but pushes to rolling armor breaks all over the place. Even so, I still nearly didn't make it. . . that last minute pass was born more of desperation than strategy. I'm still surprised it actually worked. Pestigors don't make the most reliable passers or catchers, after all. :P

Network Hub
    A repeat of last season saw Mutilation record a 3-0 win to open the championship. The lizards had no bench due to a couple of MNGs and suffered some early blows meaning they never had more than 5 players stronger than a skink on the pitch. Numbers and lack of tackle told as boots was scrambling to stay in drives throughout.

I got 3 skills out of the game, so nearly made up for missing the last game of last season as far as my retooling is concerned. Still haven’t skilled the lino or new runner though and lack the tools i need to deal with janek next round. Relegation was certain had i lost but i now have a shot at retaining the title if a little bit of luck goes my way. I get the feeling it will be tight this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post
    A repeat of last season saw Mutilation record a 3-0 win to open the championship.
    Yeah, losing the bash side of things to an elf team always makes things hard and you played well enough to shut down all my desperate attempts to get into your half. The third goal conceded was just silly on my part, but the win was deserved and never really in doubt after turn 7.

Again in games like this I'm regretting my Mighty Blow to Tackle ratio (4:1 if you include the Krox) but once a few more skinks get diving tackle it should help a bit(they're been either dying or rolling stat ups recently).

Quote Originally Posted by smaug81 View Post
    After a rather disheartening first half for me, that second half really was a bit brutal. All of a sudden I went from rolling nothing but pushes to rolling armor breaks all over the place. Even so, I still nearly didn't make it. . . that last minute pass was born more of desperation than strategy. I'm still surprised it actually worked. Pestigors don't make the most reliable passers or catchers, after all. :P
    With the few players I had left, I had to make a choice - knock the receiver over, when he could still have got up and reached the line, or knock the ball carrier over and hope for a good scatter. It wasn't a good scatter. You still had to get to the ball and make a successful pickup and then the pass, but as soon as I saw you make the pickup I just knew the game was a draw.
    It was an absorbing and enjoyable game - I felt I ran the first half like a boss, but the second half was a whole different match.

With the few players I had left, I had to make a choice - knock the receiver over, when he could still have got up and reached the line, or knock the ball carrier over and hope for a good scatter. It wasn't a good scatter. You still had to get to the ball and make a successful pickup and then the pass, but as soon as I saw you make the pickup I just knew the game was a draw.
    It was an absorbing and enjoyable game - I felt I ran the first half like a boss, but the second half was a whole different match.
    Yeah, you ran a really dominant first half offense. I never had much of a shot at slowing your forward progress. But with Blackhoof getting back into the game and the casualties starting to tell as the match went on, I managed to get a bit of an advantage. It helped that I was deliberately targeting your Guard players with that MB-Claw monster :P. With them out of the way, the blocking game became much easier. Definitely an entertaining match.

[QUOTE=I'd be willing to stick one of my unused teams in there to get it started and allow the other players to schedule their match - Joeyjojo and Jolima, are you guys in a hurry to play?[/QUOTE]

I was hopeing to have played one or 2 of my matches becase next saturday im going to be away until boxing day and wont be able to play my matches left, and now my time frame for this week wont work with many people as im GMT-8 and im not home from work until 330pm

all righty, I'll bang a team in and get C started off

done - Joey and Jolima, make some blood bowl happen.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 16-12-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Since we're done with week 1, can we get Div B rolled on? It's the festive period, so more time to get matches in is probably going to be a good thing.

The SPP distribution on my players is interesting:

Flesh Golems: 23 & 23
    Wights: 42 & 43
    Wolves: 90 & 89
    Ghouls: 12 & 75
    Zombies: 0, 0, 32, 9, 7, 13

Also, Ghandi is my most violent player & my ghoul (guess which one) has exactly 1000 yards rushing right now.

That is all.
    Last edited by potatoedoughnut; 17-12-2012 at 03:54 AM.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Since we're done with week 1, can we get Div B rolled on? It's the festive period, so more time to get matches in is probably going to be a good thing.
    Done. Oh and I've booted the filler from C so that Drawlien can apply when he returns.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Division B

Da Blu Moonz (Orc - Dentharial) vs. The Dead Comic Society (Khemri - me)

0 - 1

Really fun match for my return to BloodBowl, despite the skewed casualty line. My Khemri suffered no less than 5 KOs, and 5 Injuries, Dentharial's Orcs took but a single KO and a single Injury. Neither side took any permanent hits, though one of my LoS Skeletons is MNG with a Gouged Eye (Skeletons don't have eyes. How does one gouge that which does not exist?).

Highlights of the match include:
    • A most excellent chainpush, ball hand-off, and GFI for a Thro-Ra to sneak down the sideline and net the sole TD.
    • Every Tomb Guardian being either KOed or Injured
    • Dentharial's Wizard being lost to Cyanide
    • An almightly cluster-fuck in the Orc half which ended with the ball bouncing onto a Black Orc, and enough delays to stop the Orcs from scoring
    • The second half ending with only 3 Khemri left on the pitch and a full Orc side

Post-match starts as the last few seasons have ended, with MVP landing on a bench Skeleton who has now not got on the field in his life but has stolen three MVP awards. GAHHHHHHH
    Jaytee hit most of the high notes here. All in all, I have to say I'm pleased with the game. Sure my wizard being cyanided was annoying (and I was about to blow it on a 5-Khemri cage, with 3 of them only on 7 AV), and it was some poor decision making from me that blew my chance to score on the last few turns, but on the other hand I have to admit that Jaytee's luck was pretty damn bad. Especially his TG armour saves, where I believe a couple of them were knocked out, returned to the pitch, and then knocked out or injured off again.

Additionally, Jaytee's Khemri team are scary. So it's a great confidence boost to feel that he was kind of forced to score in turn 4 in the first half, since he didn't have the numbers or the area control to delay, and that I was able to deal so much damage in general, even accounting for his crappy dice. Suddenly I feel like this season might not be the beating that I thought it was going to be.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/