View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 49 of 415 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    accepted a load of teams, updated the sheet, started and checked Div1 (Div1 & Champs are running now). If possible guys please wait until the weekend before playing your first match - obviously if you need to play it earlier then we'll understand ;)

/edit - alh_p and sinister agent please apply ASAP, you're currently the bottleneck here...once you two are in we can start the top 7 Divs. Everyone else please check the Season Status Tab if you are unsure where you should be ;)
    I'll get Ahl's application in this evening. Looks like I was right about needing to do it.
    Suspect he'll miss the first game of the season as well, since this is evidence I didn't dream the whole thing...

Right. My Red Skull Reavers have applied for Div E and "Alh_p" has "applied" to Division A with his World Beaters of Khorne. If I am reading his old posts right he'll be back after the 19th which is actually pretty soon, so he might not even miss a match.

oh, and MadDave is in That Germany on a top secret mission, but he'll be back tomorrow evening. I'll send him a text to remind him to sign up.

also, Nullky Nullks said on the 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    I'll be away roughly friday through monday or tuesday so I might have trouble applying for next season. I'll try and leave my login with someone if this proves to be the case, but in an ideal world we won't need any extensions to the end of this season!

(Also, confirming that Weeble beat my Zons so bad that they'd have to lose their two best players to continue. Time for some Dark Elves!)
    So I reckon he should be back soon to join up. He didn't leave me his details, anyway.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 17-08-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    We're nearly there, currently missing 11/56! Pretty good for wednesday. It look like we're expecting cwoac and maddave by friday, nullkigan slightly later, so the other 8 missing, presumed undead are:

Sinister Agent
    Unitled
    Mombius Hibachi
    Rakysh
    Copper8642
    Meatloaf
    Cyborg
    Maehay

So hurry yourselves up chaps, we're keen to get going! I'm particularly worried about those who missed their last match and have been AWOL for a while (Meatloaf, Rakysh) so if anyone spots them online, give them a friendly poke?

I'm back at my BB pc, but still haven't decided on a team naming convention. I figured given the late start date for the season and that I was in one of the bottom divs (and thus likely to be jostled if people above missed their shot) I could afford some time to think of something special.

I'll have my team applied by midday tomorrow.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

No worries Null, I'm mostly giving people a kick to get their applications in by friday, ideally. So midday tomorrow will be fine :-).

Nullky Nullks, how about "Straight Outta Naggaroth", then you can give them gangsta style names from NWA like Ice C'ube and Doctor D'r'e, or Wu Tang style like Method Malekith, Rae'kwo'n, Ageless Dirty Bastard, plus you could just straight up call your assassins Ghostface Killa and Mastah Killa

or not.

How about The Extremely Dark Elves, then you can go raid the thesaurus for synonyms for dark:
    Cimmerian, aphotic, atramentous, black, blackish, caliginous, clouded, cloudy, crepuscular, darkened, dim, dingy, drab, dull, dun, dusk, dusky, faint, foggy, gloomy, grimy, ill-lighted, indistinct, inky, lightless, lurid, misty, murky, nebulous, obfuscous, obscure, opaque, overcast, pitch-black, pitch-dark, pitchy, rayless, shaded, shadowy, shady, somber, sooty, stygian,

or Breakfast Foods. Bit left field, perhaps, but I had a cracking breakfast food-themed team in Sensi Soccer, all those many years ago. I reckon if you call your blitzers egg and sausage they'll never let you down.

or not.

Whatever you do, I strongly suggest you don't name any of your blitzers after Quinns. Iron Quinns was the biggest traitor on my team for many seasons. Then he left RPS! Spooky.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 18-08-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Good work, PW.

Aphotic might be my new favourite word: literally meaning 'lightless'. Super.

I notice there's still a few people not joined the RPS forum group, which is the official means of organising matches and thereby avoiding being penalised in the event of a default...

@ Nullkigan (via PW) - what about "Deadly Sins"? You'll have to make a few up, but I'm sure a man of your calibre can rise to the challenge.

/edit - of course, I've just remembered that I accepted Nulk's application to the Div earlier, so my post is (even more) pointless (than usual)
    Last edited by ntw; 18-08-2011 at 11:06 PM.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Activated Node
    "That Germany" didn't like me too much. So I've returned to good old England and have applied to Div D. Huzzah, time to rain Nurgley death down upon unwitting people... or upon myself depending on Nuffle's mood.

Applied to Division 2, little saddened i don't get to play hugh again this season there always fun, on the flip side i do get to have a match with groovy chainsaw for i believe the first time in like 10 seasons?! :)

Yeah, looking forward to that match up karandraz, although I suspect your team might be a bit more 'evolved' than mine. Should be interesting! :-)

/Edit, still missing 9 players, and its friday now, hurry up guys, I'm expecting applications to go in tonight, or I may start to shuffle things about (you have been warned!!). Players I think have gone AWOL (missed last match and not applied) are: Meatloaf, Rakysh, Mombius. The others I'm expecting to turn up still, but if we don't see any applications by tonight, I may statr looking at reshuffling in the lower divisions. If sinister gets his application in shortly, I'm happy to kick off the top 10 or so divisions, which are full now.

/Double edit! Just looked at your team karandraz, and don't quite understand how yours is only 260k more than mine. All your saurii have block, one has a point of extra strength :-(. I'm going to rue not getting more guard in my team, it could be a rough start to the season :-D. I particularly like your saurus who has a broken neck, (-1AG), which keeps him at... 1AG. He was so clumsy that a broken neck doesn't make him any worse :-D
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 19-08-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Tested my connection last night and I was able to play against a REAL HUMAN. Think I got my Cisco Network Qualification while I was at it, but it was worth the pain. I am away now for the weekend, so if I am shuffled to a different division (currently applied for 7) then I won't be able to apply until Monday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    According to steam, at any rate, Rakysh hasn't been online for 15 days.

Im back for div5 soo I should be good to go! :)

Activated Node
    Just posting up here that I'm not going to be here for a week this Saturday. So I'll be back on the 27th. I've applied and been accepted into Division 3 (I think) and will be sure to play my match as soon as I can (if the season starts before I'm back).

Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    Ok, the delay in starting so far has meant that my internet-less holiday now overlaps with a whole "day", so I'm having to withdraw until the September DoD. Really sorry, I didn't realise how long it would take to get going.
    Still looking if he said a particular return date.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Yeah, looking forward to that match up karandraz, although I suspect your team might be a bit more 'evolved' than mine. Should be interesting! :-)

/Double edit! Just looked at your team karandraz, and don't quite understand how yours is only 260k more than mine. All your saurii have block, one has a point of extra strength :-(. I'm going to rue not getting more guard in my team, it could be a rough start to the season :-D. I particularly like your saurus who has a broken neck, (-1AG), which keeps him at... 1AG. He was so clumsy that a broken neck doesn't make him any worse :-D
    Yeah I am also scared of facing Karandraz's lizards. So many skills, and I hate lizards to begin with. GC I'm trusting you to MNG as many of his players as possible kthx.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Activated Node
    Okay, applied to Div E.

Bwhahaha! I have an Elf in Orc'c clothing now. my blitzer got a +AG
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

DivA started (and checked)
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh