View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 5 of 415 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    It was a good entertaining match against Nullk’s ‘zons last night. I committed the cardinal sin of rat coaching by failing to get a defensive score, but it was more a case of Nullk getting the rolls to keep drives alive rather than my rats failing to ask the questions; Powgirls kept answering them in a display of elfin efficiency. All in all with the ‘zon dodging and ball handling outperforming my AG4 efforts I’m content that it came down to turn 16 dodging failure to prevent a rat triumph. Not a result that either side will be pleased with though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I've hopped on this morning and (correctly this time!) validated any completed matches. Hopefully you should all see your SPPs now :-). Sorry if you've been waiting for the approval for a couple of days ;-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I feel the unexplainable urge to share a real-life Bloodbowl Snotlings vs Pro-Elves match. Fast forward to 5:30 and tell me that's not Bloodbowl.

http://www.dump.com/2011/06/04/japan...00-kids-video/

Good preparation, poor caging.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

To break that cage, some of those snots are getting knockdowns on 2/3-dice against hits. I guess with enough snotlings, and enough time, you can achieve the blood bowl equivalent of Shakespeare ;-)

/Dreams of playing 100 snotlings in my next ogre match

Superb post VV!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Elf Harm's run of draws continues, 1-1 against Mr Dragon's Lyran Common-Elf. It would have been a 2-1 defeat, but Dragon failed a pass on turn 8. I was lucky to get the draw, and sustained... oh, 4 or 5 BHs - again, I was lucky they weren't worse.

Thanks to Mr Dragon for the game. Replay here.

Lyran Common-Elf 1:1 Elf Harm

A game that went almost entirely to plan except for a tiny dice-related mishap. I won the flip, chose to receive and did what everyone would do against a team that's mostly AV7: tried to turn the match into a horrible slugfest. This "strategy" served me well for most of the first half, until it was time for me to actually score. Nuffle decided that a touchdown was completely out of the question, gracing me with a one re-rolled into a one for a catch, leaving us with a score of 0:0 after turn 8 (ChainsawHands, meanwhile, had spent the last three turns fouling my blitzer, Highlander. I have no idea why he hates him so much, he couldn't harm a fly).

ChainsawHands started the second half with several players missing due to BHs and KOs. He nonetheless managed to quickly score the game's first touchdown due to his swarm of catchers.
    I immediately picked up where I had left off, i.e. formed a cage and started pounding. I slowly amde my way down the pitch, punching elves whereever I could, and walked the ball in in turn 16
    (ChainsawHands, of course, had decided to gang up on Highlander again - and he's such a nice guy once you get to know him).

Thank you for the game, ChainsawHands, and for supplying the championship division with another quality elf-related pun. We clearly need more of those.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I didn't like his face.

I also didn't like his +1 ST and frenzy... but it was mostly his face.

Activated Node
    Ah, a 2-1 loss against Arnisauras' orcs, despite taking him down to two black orcs. Although his 'lets dress a wood-elf up as an orc' tactic failed to stop my lone td -his lineman made, I think four dodge rolls in a row, then failed the gfi to attack...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just played mootpoints halflings, 2-0 to my vampires, so many injuries for both sides. One of the halflings died but i cant really take credit he was trying to dodge out of a tackle zone. Even the crowd got in on the game of hit the thrall and managed to badly hurt one.
    The score would have been more equal if the thrown halfling had landed properly.

Activated Node
    @Gorm: Damn you're fast!

2-0 it was, luckily for me.

Gorm's Vampires didn't do half as much damage as I had feared to my poor half-armoured, half-nuffled halfling. The shorties did have a couple of chances at scoring, most of them foiled by either their coach or the Almighty Nuffle. Most irritating of which was when, for a precious few turns, one of them managed to hold on to the ball and could have gotten it to a Treeman for a quick team-mate throw. Instead, I decided it would be a good idea to try to bash a Vamp with my other treeman who promptly fell over while going for it. Boo.

A really good game all things considered, I think I'll enjoy playing these short buggers!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    @mootpoint: Thats what she said

Yea i was concentrating on trying to keep my players on the pitch rather than trying to take your players off the pitch.
    Dont think i've seen Treemen move around the pitch as much as you moved them to be honest.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by cwoac View Post
    Ah, a 2-1 loss against Arnisauras' orcs, despite taking him down to two black orcs. Although his 'lets dress a wood-elf up as an orc' tactic failed to stop my lone td -his lineman made, I think four dodge rolls in a row, then failed the gfi to attack...
    I'm thinking i shouild have named him dances with trees or something, that was some epic dodging skills he showed, only to fall over his own boots on the GFI, tbh though if you hadn't have run in that TD that turn i might not have scored the 2nd, but then you "might" not have scored your 1 either, was a good game though. Silly that the 2 biggest badest orc on the team got paggered by zombies and a golem :D

Cheers for the game dude
    Last edited by Arnisarus; 09-06-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: to edit ?!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnisarus View Post
    I'm thinking i shouild have named him dances with trees or something, that was some epic dodging skills he showed, only to fall over his own boots on the GFI, tbh though if you hadn't have run in that TD that turn i might not have scored the 2nd, but then you "might" not have scored your 1 either, was a good game though. Silly that the 2 biggest badest orc on the team got paggered by zombies and a golem :D

Cheers for the game dude
    Yeah, from what I recall, I was fairly sure that if I had delayed again, you'd have got a 2d block with a reroll still in hand on him. And he did at least get to your orc in the last turn, even if he did only manage an 'attacker down'.

But yeah, if these teams meet again, morky is getting concentrated on. I still think he has the makings of an excellent zombie.

Network Hub
    Poor Morky, Gorky should be joining him next game, so that will be nice. I'll have them both prepared for your bashing :D

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    I didn't like his face.

I also didn't like his +1 ST and frenzy... but it was mostly his face.
    Pat Benatar scratches out a new name in her bark-leaf notebook.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Please don't validate Combat and my game yet (Eternal Bewilderment Vs Jesters of Death) - it appears he was cut off halfway through, with no clear winner in sight. I'll give it a couple of days to give him a chance to rematch it if he wants to.

I note that you get the option to hire your mercenaries after a match, which is neat. Bit crap that you can't do that if your winnings haven't been added yet, though. Hmph. Also I discovered a wonderful new bug that prevents you from placing more than 1 player on a wing. Whiiine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    You don't get the winnings until after you've bought (or declined) the mercenary, that's working as intended according to the rules of blood bowl, apparently.

Played drawlien's Khemri with my Vampires and won 1-0.

Some bullet points:
    A high level Tomb Guardian was taken out on the first or second turn, earning a pointless -1AG.
    In the first half, I used 7 rerolls and drawlien 6. In the second we used 6 each.
    My AG 6 vampire was killed in action.
    I never had more than 6 players at the end of a drive and a full team at each start except the last with only 9.
    I only had 4 thralls and no vampires on the field when I scored.
    The Tomb Guardians got lots of skulls/both down.
    The Vampires ate a lot of their team mates.

Might be worth a proper writeup this one. But I don't have time for that tonight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Continuing my draw streak with a tense 2-2 match against Daave. I thought I had it in the bag with 1 turn to go and all his possible scorers penned in at the edge of the pitch. A series of dodges and 1d blocks managed to clear a path for his ball carrier to run down the side and make 2 GFIs to score. That's not to say I wasn't without my own share of good luck, at the end of the first half when my dangerously exposed ball carrier survived multiple 2d blocks, and the beginning of the second when Daave's fireball left my entire cage still standing.

Matches validated, sinisteragent and combat's game reset too.