View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 52 of 415 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 8290
    Network Hub
    i'll sign the skaven star trek team up to div F tonight anyway, that way it's ready to go if you do decide to get it rolling

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    I accepted kergguz, rejected Arni', started the season and got the fixtures in the right order so div. 5 is now ready to go.

For F I'd suggest sinister or Arni' signing up a team in case we don't hear from StudentEternal.... what do you think Groovy?
    I have proven more than a little unreliable lately. That's unlikely to change within the next fortnight, although the fortnight after that is anyone's guess, as I may be heavily medicated. Or not at all. Christ knows.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    No worries sinister, totally understand if things are fraught outside of blood bowl. Hopefully we'll get you back in for a future season, once real world stuff gets sorted :-).

As for replacing StudentEternal, I'm a bit loath to do this, as he HAD already applied nice and promptly, but the move to a different division has caught him out, so it seems slightly less fair to drop him. I'll give him a day or two to turn up before we go to reserves. Apologies to division F, I'll be extra-flexible on your timeframes to let you get your games in, it's probably worth starting the organising process soon anyway, so you have a date at least if Student turns up.

In case people hadn't realised, I'll add that the season started on MONDAY so we're in the first week now, organising exclusively through the GROUPS!! All divisions apart from F have been started in-game.
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 24-08-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

I just played Alethron in the first match of the Championship season. He got a well deserved win in a match which could have gone either way. I won the casualty score though there was nothing permanent!

Just some advanced warning - I will be on holiday from Friday to Saturday the 3rd of September so I will miss the beginning of the next round. Since it's only 2 days hopefully it won't be a problem.

In addition to what groovy said, I had actually already arranged a game with StudentEternal for this coming Saturday in the now defunct division 7, so he could just be waiting until then to check back in on us. If I see him on Steam I'll get him to visit the forum.

Just finished a frankly brutal match against Jiiiiim ending 3-2 to me.

I'll do a proper report after dinner if I don't get distracted, but the first half was a total bloodbath resulting in 5 Badly Hurt Skinks, 1 Saurus with a Concussion (-1AV, which the Apoth helpfully re-rolled to Dead...), 1 Badly Hurt Skeleton, and something like 5 KOs on Saurus who came back on to get KOed again shortly. The game went down to the wire and I got the winning TD on the last turn of the game, so despite the casualties Jim did very well keeping me bottled up and I could have scored a lot more with my 2:1 player advantage.

The lizards stood huddled in their changing room. Most were sporting makeshift bandages and one Saurus lay sat down in a corner, watching little pterodactyls fly around his head with apparent glee. "They are...all the colours...", he began, trying to snap at one and managing to concuss himself again on a bench. The thud as he hit the floor was masked by an even louder crash as Jim stormed into the room.

"Lizards!", Jim roared as the skinks shrank away, "You were the lamest pile of loose gecko sweepings I have ever seen on a pitch! You! Muscly McLardbastard!" Jim pointed at a saurus, "What in the name of the Old ones do you think you were doing spending the entire game knocked out?"

"Well, I mean it, um, that is to say it was...", began the saurus, anxiously twisting his tail with his outsize claws, but fortunately Jim's fury had moved on to a gaggle of skinks.

"And what in god's name are you made of, paper? Is it paper? Because it looked like the origami team had taken your place today, you snivelling nerds!", Jim paused as he gave a particularly harsh glare to a little speckled skink, and relented, "Oh and by the way that was an excellent second touchdown you scored there, really good work there."

Jim seemed to have calmed down a little but no lizard met his eye as he stalked around the room, calmly recounting the litany of things that had gone the way of the Iguanadodo. "What was it, seven casualties? I've already fired that apothecary that told me old scales-for-brains on the floor there was clinically dead. I mean he's a lizard, he's meant to have cold blood. And don't get me started on those knockouts again." Jim slowed as his anger finally abated, "You're....you're good lizards, but it pains me to see you throw away a heroic draw like that, we should have just made the ball safe, it's a sad state of affairs where you show less backbone than a bunch of skeletons."

"well I mean you can't reasonably show more of your backbone than a..." began a smart-mouthed skink before his wiser colleagues kicked him in the knees, causing him to be immediately badly hurt.

"Anyway", continued Jim, apparently oblivious to that and now a little cheery, "got a new plan. Gentlelizards, I've got us a new player. Strong as an ox, thick as two oxes. He'll fit in well, I imagine. What have we got next? Vampires? Dark Elves? Pah, we'll grind them to dust. They ain't never met a guy like Mr Moneybags."

The Dead Comic Society 3 - 2 Monopole Magnates

I validated that match for you and just finished playing Kelron.

Let's see. I started kicking and got a blitz which let me catch the ball. The dark elves failed to take down my vampire who could run it in the next turn.

I kicked again and eventually managed to steal the ball again. I was running out of players though and was going to risk a 4+ pass to a pair of vampire's further up field in order to not lose the ball again right away. My vampire moves to pass and... double one on the bloodlust. I move over to hand it off to another vampire who could make the pass instead with some more going-for-it's but the catch comes up another 1.

The dark elves reclaim the ball and I make a plan to get a blitz on the carrier with some hypnotic gaze only to have my first two rolls of that turn come up with another two 1's (making 5 in a row!) as the vampire feels an even further craving for blood. I put the hypnotic gaze on another elf, but now must make a string of 5 or so 2+ rolls with a few 3+ mixed in. One of them fail and Kelron can stall for the last few turns to keep me from countering again.

At half time I'm down to 11 players total from the 15 I started with, my losses include a rookie vampire who was fouled to badly hurt and my two level 3 thralls who stay KO despite two attempts to recover. The score is 1-1.

I receive for the first time and make a fairly straight forward three turn TD. I think about stalling some more but figure I have a better chance of either turning the elven assault or forcing him to score early to give me a chance on 3-2. Stalling for one or two turns would just give him the rest of the match for his own counter.

The elves receive again and I hypnotize two players to get a 2 dice blitz on their runner with the ball. He tries to pass away the ball as he is tackled, but fumbles it and my vampire takes hold of the ball as the elf is harmlessly pushed away. The vampire tries to dodge back to safety but falls over, the ball bouncing into the hands of a thrall.

The elves rally and knock the ball free again, but it bounces straight into the hands of another vampire who they can't bring down. Next turn this new carrier moves off to the side with a cage of thralls forming around him, but the elves form up to block any further advance. A blitzed blocker lets them at least move slightly forward and back to the center of the elven half with the ball being handed to a thrall.

The elves break apart one of the corners of the cage and move two players in contact. I attempt to block them away but get a skull and lose my turn early. Kelron's ST4 blitzer makes a block on the thrall and knocks him down, but gets too caught up with the earlier lucky bouncing-ball-catches and picks the ball up himself without a way to get it away. It is now my turn 16 and I have no one in range while Kelron has a single witch elf in range for getting a draw. A vampire blitzes her down and sends her off badly wounded, effectively ending the match at 2-1.

Thanks for the game Kelron.

Pat.
    Benatar.
    Is.
    DEAD.

This makes me sad.

And ChainsawHands got thoroughly nuffled on to the way to a 2-1 loss.

Nuffle is a fickle mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtower View Post
    pat.
    Benatar.
    Is.
    Dead.
    n0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000....000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000!
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Pat Benatar was a scary freak. A shame to see such a legend die, although also a relief that I'll not have to face her again.

She finally got hit by the best shot

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    She finally got hit by the best shot
    Oh Dear.

Side note, I think the top divs have an addiction, Div one is already done with MD1.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    Pat.
    Benatar.
    Is.
    DEAD.
    She was a wardancer with AV6: fouling her was a sacred duty unto Nuffle. First foul, she got stunned and my player got sent off. Second foul, she got stunned. Third foul... she got dead.

A good game against Drawlien, he beat the crap out of my team but luckily nothing permanent (I was REALLY scared when my top players were getting injured), just a MNG for one of my catchers. Really wasn't expecting the win at half time when it was 1-1 with me kicking off in the second half. As Drawlien said, it could have gone either way, I was just able to get at the ball and into safety when he got a turnover at quite a bad moment. I seemed to make most of my dodge rolls throughout the game (thanks to crap loads of dodge in my team) and it felt like was making ALL of his injury rolls (crap load of mighty blow in his team), so it evened out fairly well. Good game, well player sir.

Would love to join the next intake. Just put my name down on the excel sheet for an orc team. When would is the next batch of recruits taken in roughly?

Thanks!

Grinn

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Jiiiim: oooooof. But in a good way.

imirk: no fair - they started earlier. And anyway it's not a competition (unless I am winning, in which case it instantly becomes one until such point as I am losing again)

grinn: your timing is either incredibly bad, or incredibly good. We've just started another season, which means it will be approximately three weeks before we start taking in the players for next season and another week or so before that next season begins. There was one division that wasn't quite finished, but I think it was a case of Groovychainsaw (all powerful League Admin and High Commissioner Plenipotentiary) trying to fill one last spot with one of two people, rather than him having one last slot and nobody to fill it.
    So I am pretty sure there's nowhere to put you until next season, which is three weeks away.

However, if you want to post in the RPS Challenge League thread and apply a team or two to that division, you can arrange friendly matches with fellow RPSers and get some practice in while you wait (and start work on some grudges).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This season has just started so you'll have about a month to wait. The final round deadline is 21/9 but it generally doesn't take too long to get the next season going, rarely more than a week at most.

Just played Laneford's Nurgle in the championship and had some obscene early dice that really decided the game. Good injury rolls throughout but crucially taking the beast out with the first block. It did regen but by getting it off the park I created space to get my gutters to the BC so an early wizard resulted in the quick defensive score.

Injury rolls heavily favoured Rats throughout and an unfortunate error from Laneford meant he started the second half trying to prevent a turn 8 one turner. 4-1 to the Rats but Nuffle gets more than an assit for this one.

Activated Node
    Ack I just found out div 7 is defunct!? Sorry for the delay of game people, I had the game set up with kergguz and thought I was done until then. I apologize for not watching the boards as close, I started a new job and it has been playing merry hell with my schedule. I will go check the sheet now and apply to the correct division if I have not already been dropped.

Edit: Applied to division F!
    Last edited by studenteternal; 26-08-2011 at 02:39 AM. Reason: applied to division

2nd game in Division B played, so the day can be rolled on!

Really, really good game against Desvergeh - hopefully he will agreed that its not always boring playing against dwarves! To start off with he got 300,000 in inducements which were spent on an igor, a wizard and a Budweiser.
    First half was abysmal for me. The necros feinted to the right, only to jink back to the left flank after I had engaged most of my team. I kept a couple of safeties back, but not enough, and not fast enough on those stunty little legs to lock down a very disciplined cage. To add insult to injury, 3 dwarves were put out of the game, 2 KOs and 1 dead blitzer. Rerolled apothecary on the Blitzer - double dead :(. Luckily only lvl 1, so not a huge loss. Ghoul TD on turn 6.

I only had two reserves, and with neither of my KO'd players waking up, I was forced to put my Death Roller on for only 2 turns at the end of the first half. He ineffectually knocked over a flesh golem twice, and was then duly sent off.

Second half started with the dwarves in pretty bad shape. Neither KO'd player woke up, so the half started 9 vs 11. Ball was high, and my str 4 runner caught it. Caged up near the centre, beat up some zombies. The necros moved their back field to the right, as it seemed my most obvious route. I tried to shift to the left, and an unlucky turnover gave me the chance to form a half cage on the sideline. A successful AG 2 dodge also enabled me to erect a crude screen to protect the cage from the highly probably sideline push from the werewolfs. The wizard made his presence felt, knocking out the ball carrier and one of his guards, enabling the necros to reposition to halt my advance. A turn of jostling while I protected the ball on the ground, and a miscalculated frenzy enabled me to get into the end zone.

Game was only marred by Desvergeh unfortunately disconnecting on turn 16, but the outcome was clearly 1-1.

GG.