View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 53 of 415 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Div F started, fixtures accurate. Week 1 ends on Weds next week :-).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Activated Node
    a 2-0 vs imirk's orcs. Was closer in the middle - it probably would have been 1-1 but for my were who managed to kill a linesman and run across the scoreline with ball under one arm and the orc's head under the other.

it wasn't a lineman it was my guard blitzer :( also my wizard was a fraud, and I really need an apocathary, since one player dies per game.
    Last edited by imirk; 27-08-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Quote Originally Posted by imirk View Post
    it wasn't a lineman it was my guard blitzer :( also my wizard was a fraud, and I really need an apocathary, since one player dies per game.
    don't place too much hope in an apothecary, in my experience they have a 66% chance of rerolling ANY injury into a death...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    A bloody game between Smaug's Brolaf Brigade and my Sirens was, well, exceptionally bloody. At least for me.

It all started with a kick from the Sirens, which goes far due to a six rolled. So just like the start of any other match, really.

The Brigade starts to punch Amazons, and is down to 2 rerolls and up by three skulls before turn 1 even ended or indeed anyone really moved.

By turn 4, both teams continually knock themselves out in the first or second block of the game, with the Sirens ending up having a lot more rerolls.

The Sirens form a strong net around the Brigade, homing unerringly on on their ball carrier who is already visibly panicking. Unfortunately, as the Amazons found out, panicking a Norseman is a bad idea.

Starting with turn 5, the Norsemen find their stride and knock out or injure at least one Siren per turn until the merciful 0-1 in turn 8.

A fan of the Sirens tries to even out the numbers by hurling a precise rock against a lineman, but the feeble scratching of the girls does not leave any other marks on the manly Norse who enjoy beating up girls way too much to be healthy.

In the offense, the Sirens finally kick back and manage to knock out a few Norseboys and even injure two. However, their dodge-skill might as well not be existent, either for surviving blocks nor for actually making any dodge. In turn 12, the Sirens lose control of the ball near the line of Scrimmage (although it takes until turn 15 for the Norse to regain it). A few heroic attempts to recapture the ball fail due to obvious lack of dodge.

The game ends 2-0 to the Brolaf Brigade, showing it takes real men to hand the Sirens their very first defeat! (Rumours say that the make-up party including the Bloodweiser Babes the Bros hired for the match was very much worth it, though.)

A fun game, a deserved win and a hilarious amount of self-inflicted stuns and injuries.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Jarvis and I finished our game, a 1-1 tie between my necros and his chaos.

Started off with Rain which kept up all game. I recieved and had a decent start gettting the ball caged up in the middle. Jarvis managed to bunch up and surround my players in the middle and eventually got the ball loose. I was able to knock the ball back so that it was behind the chaos line and the chaos were marked up. A wight made the pickup and ran off. 1-0 to the necros on turn 7 (I think?).

Jarvis had two turns to do some punch and managed to make 2 passes despite the rain. Critically he managed to KO my blodge/guard ghoul who didn't recover for the 2nd half.

In the first half the rain had zero effect, no failed pick-ups or catches. However Jarvis had several failed pickups (w/ RR) in the second half. To compensate the necros had an abundance of skulls and failed armour rolls resulting in several more KOs. In the end the beastmen managed to fumble the ball down the field and score on turn 16 as the necros couldn't get an adequate defense up.

I want to blame the tie on bad dice, or watching MLG instead of focusing on BB, but really Jarvis outplayed me and if he hadn't had a team full of loners and skillless chaos it would have most definitely been a loss for me. GG!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Just beat Student Eternal 3-1, but at the cost of a lineself (DEAD) and I can't afford a new one :(

Was a great match though, lots of scoring, passing, punching, killing, maiming and fouling.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Cacamas' Dwarfs Vs my Vampires ended in a 1-1 draw. The first half was fairly uneventful, I managed to injure his troll slayer early on and get two 1d blocks on the ball carrier. The KO'd thralls build up though, and only a failed hand-off catch by a blocker in turn 8 keeps the score at 0-0. Second half is more lively - I have less players but more luck than Cacamas, and score in turn 4, with the vampires proving their worth and being all elfy. The dwarfs then pour forwards - i knock over his ball carrier twice, but to no real gain, and his runner is five squares from the goalline in his turn 15. My only chance to stop him is if a thrall dodges, goes for it and 1d knocks over the dwarf (who has block) without a reroll. The heroic thrall somehow manages it, even breaking the runner's armour, and I think I've done enough to win it, but a blocker runs into the endzone and a blitzer strolls over to the ball, picks it up and throws an accurate pass to the blocker. This time he passes his 50/50 roll to score in his last turn of the half, to make it a deserved draw.

Of the 5 injuries to my side, 4 were badly hurt and the other only MNG so I've escaped much lighter than normal, especially against a bashy side. Cheers for the game Cacamas, good luck for your next game.

My Dwarfs just drew with boots468's Vampires 1-1 but, wow, it was quite an unusual match. boots468 definitely got the lion's share of the luck, except for the final turn.
    - The first dwarven drive, which had been grinding to the line, was stopped by a single thrall dodging from his marker, 1D blitzing my runner (who has block) and picking up the ball directly after. I managed to recover but my runner failed to hand-off to the only player in range of the line and the half ended 0-0.
    - The Vampire TD on turn 12 was well taken, I'll grudgingly admit that :) Did my best but he worked a way through my defence.
    - My blockers finally got their blocking gloves on with the second dwarf drive, clearing enough space and creating some needed casualties to set my runner free with 1 turn to go
    - Another thrall dodged free and 1D blitzed my runner (who has block, remember >:( ). At least the ball wasn't picked up, eh?
    - Desperate times/desperate measures => the only player in range of the TD line (a blocker) moves for a pass, my star player blitzer picks up the ball with no re-rolls left (!) and throws a perfect launch (!!) which is caught by the blocker (!!!) for a last gasp TD

Some other points of note (this isn't me bitterly moaning, oh no. No. Absolutely not.)
    - I counted 6 failed blood lusts all game (dunno how many he saved with re-rolls, but not all his re-rolls went on that).
    - My troll slayer was badly hurt with the first block of the game. Whereas dwarf efforts were pitiful for the first 12 turns, with a single casualty and 3 KO's (2 of whom recovered at half-time).
    - A riot happened at the start of the first half, reducing the turns available by 1, which is never good from a dwarf perspective.
    - The first failed dodge for the Vamps happened on turn 16.

Funny how frustrating it can be but then it's all changed by one bit of pure luck. GG boots468, take it as a compliment I don't want to see your Vamps for a while, preferably never again :)

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    2nd game in Division B played, so the day can be rolled on!

Really, really good game against Desvergeh - hopefully he will agreed that its not always boring playing against dwarves! To start off with he got 300,000 in inducements which were spent on an igor, a wizard and a Budweiser.
    First half was abysmal for me. The necros feinted to the right, only to jink back to the left flank after I had engaged most of my team. I kept a couple of safeties back, but not enough, and not fast enough on those stunty little legs to lock down a very disciplined cage. To add insult to injury, 3 dwarves were put out of the game, 2 KOs and 1 dead blitzer. Rerolled apothecary on the Blitzer - double dead :(. Luckily only lvl 1, so not a huge loss. Ghoul TD on turn 6.

I only had two reserves, and with neither of my KO'd players waking up, I was forced to put my Death Roller on for only 2 turns at the end of the first half. He ineffectually knocked over a flesh golem twice, and was then duly sent off.

Second half started with the dwarves in pretty bad shape. Neither KO'd player woke up, so the half started 9 vs 11. Ball was high, and my str 4 runner caught it. Caged up near the centre, beat up some zombies. The necros moved their back field to the right, as it seemed my most obvious route. I tried to shift to the left, and an unlucky turnover gave me the chance to form a half cage on the sideline. A successful AG 2 dodge also enabled me to erect a crude screen to protect the cage from the highly probably sideline push from the werewolfs. The wizard made his presence felt, knocking out the ball carrier and one of his guards, enabling the necros to reposition to halt my advance. A turn of jostling while I protected the ball on the ground, and a miscalculated frenzy enabled me to get into the end zone.

Game was only marred by Desvergeh unfortunately disconnecting on turn 16, but the outcome was clearly 1-1.

GG.
    Was an enjoyable game. Good write up too.

Disconnect was unfortunate, but as you said, turn 16 meant that the score had been decided by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by desvergeh View Post
    Was an enjoyable game. Good write up too.

Disconnect was unfortunate, but as you said, turn 16 meant that the score had been decided by that point.
    @ Desvergeh & Snoozer - We'd have to set that as an administrative 1-1 draw, with random MVPs and scorers. Are you both happy for that?

Few results validated.
    Last edited by ntw; 28-08-2011 at 11:30 PM.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Rakish Rodents (INinja) vs Bloody Gobbos (Me)

Just finished my game with INinja, and boy, it was nasty.

I had abysmal blocking throughout the game. I was first to receive but my rock solid cage literally didn't move forward for 5 turns as I couldn't knock anyone down to advance. It finally cracked on the 6th turn allowing INinja to scoop out the ball and run for the line.

When the second half began, between my team's KOs, injuries and law-adjacent equipment I was already outnumbered. Still I managed to shove one gutter runner off the pitch and tried my chainsaw-y damnedest to remove the other. The drive came switly down my left side, but a slip-up by the Rodents left the ball a square from the Gobbo's own line. The counter attack was short-lived however as the AG 4 goblin fumbled the pick-up. The next turn the surviving runner - whom I'd pulled the looney away from to cover the ball - slipped in and out to bring the score 2-0.

The final drive of the match began at turn 12, and a pitch invasion created a nice opportunity down my right flank. Shielded by a troll and two other team mates, my goblin ball carrier stood against the sideline, deeper into the Rodents' half than I'd been all match. Despite INinja's efforts, the semi-cage stood until my next turn, when the troll blitzed forward to remove a gutter runner defender. Triple dice block came up a skull and two BD. Reroll failed. My troll was down and my carrier was wide open and summarily injured.

The score was very nearly 3-0, if INJinja's thrower hadn't failed his GFI after grabbing the ball. The Gobbos tried to move in to capitalise but failed. The Rodents fumbled the pick up sending the ball off the pitch. It was thrown in tot he centre of the rats' half and stayed there until the end of the match.

So 2-0 to the ratties, in the end.

Not taking anything away from INinja, who played excellently, but that is the lousiest bunch of luck I've had in a match in a long, long while. Just awful. And I have a -1 AV goblin and a -1 ST (soon to be unemployed) goblin to show for it. :(

Oh and also, my extra special hire for the match - a halfling chef - failed to cook anything in the first half and something only mildly delicious in the second... 1 TRR stolen out of a possible 6. I don't normally dump money for the chef but as the Rodents only had 3 TRRs to start with and were much, much more talented than my boys I thought it might even our odds a pinch, if we could steal even 2 of those TRRs. Next time I think I'll just hire Ripper.
    Last edited by Screwie; 29-08-2011 at 01:17 AM.

^ validated
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    @ Desvergeh & Snoozer - We'd have to set that as an administrative 1-1 draw, with random MVPs and scorers. Are you both happy for that?

Few results validated.
    Fine with me.

Hello all! I am returned. How are things?

my supposedly durable orcs keep dying, admittedly I guess AV 9 does break when tested frequently enough :(

Obscure Node
    Combat not replying to my chat in groups. Anyone know where he is?

Activated Node
    Div E

Mootpoint 1 - 1 Ragecakes

First half went pretty much as you would expect, orcs not being able to pick the kick up halfings falling over and gettin hurt alot by their own throws. Up until about turn 4, when again the orcs are having problems witht the pig bladder, when lo and behold a halfling actually lands!! Queue some nifty stunty dodges and a nice lil pass and, OMG, halfings score.

The next four turns were a progression of Orcs chewing through halfings whilst avoiding treemen and keeping the ball. Queue Score on turn eight 1-1. Phew.

Second Half Nuffle descends from his mushroom cloud and promptly replaces the dice with rocks with skulls on. For both of us the next 8 turns went try something, FAIL, reroll, FAIL, Die/Hurt/KO'd.

Thats pretty much it. Oh except my +1AGI blitzer managed to fall over on a GFI and kill himself. Bout sums up the second half.

Moot = great guy to play very socialble and we had an excellent if strange game :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Ragekage View Post
    Thats pretty much it. Oh except my +1AGI blitzer managed to fall over on a GFI and kill himself. Bout sums up the second half.
    Mine got a -MV injury, it seems Nuffle has rules against orcs thinking they are elves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Chappies! Week 1 ends on Thursday (not Weds, as I may have mistakenly implied) and there's a few games outstanding to complete (or you haven't filled in the result on the spreadsheet, which is equally bad as it means we have to use the bricks on you). So keep organising.

@KayD - I'm pretty sure I've seen combat on steam playing some deus ex (of course) so I'll give him a nudge if i spot him again.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!