View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 63 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    If I remember right the + and - keys on the numpad will speed up or slow down the time compression rate too.
    Wait. Wow awesome! I can never make it past the kickoff when I watch replays.

Also to watch replays you (intuitively :P) Single Player>Load>Replay
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnisarus View Post
    desvergeh dont worry dude you did nothing wrong, on the plus side you got LOADS of SPP :P take it as a boon hehe.
    24 SPP, guess what! 90% of those landed on my friggin' zombies!

Beware my shambling hordes!

Quote Originally Posted by imirk View Post
    Alright Ragecage. You v. Me in an Orcy battle against relegation and 14 days to make it happen.
    Guys, please post this (also?) in the group discussion thread for your Div, it's how we track who is making an effort to play the matches in the event of a default...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Guys, please post this (also?) in the group discussion thread for your Div, it's how we track who is making an effort to play the matches in the event of a default...
    Of course, Just wanted to let everyone know about the deperation mirror match that will be happening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    mrpier's dwarfs kicked off to Elf Harm and attempted a classic 2-1 grind. They'd have gotten away with it too, it it wasn't for that pesky MV10 catcher: I'd set up on turn 16 to try to push him into range, but a lucky kickoff event let me move him 1 square forward, and the ball landed off-pitch so it just took a 2+ dodge and 2 GFIs for him to run in and equalise for a completely undeserved 2-2 draw.

My -AV catcher got a +AG, and my +2MV catcher got a level up as well, ready for sprint for 1 turn TDness. Only he rolled a +AG too, and now I'm not sure what to take. ;-)

Thanks to mrpier for the game - I was pretty lucky to get away with no permanent injuries against all that mighty blow, and the deathroller...

well what is more annoying than one AG5 elf? Two AG5 Elfs!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Bah, that was hella annoying, third match with this team where I miss out on a draw/victory because of a one turn touchdown. No skillups, which is fine actually, more inducement money against Hughtower that way.

Pretty uneventful match really, ChainsawHands scored early in the first half, I scored on turn eight, trundled my way up the pitch in the second half without major problems, scoring on my turn eight. Could probably have set up better against the OTT attempt, but I miscalculated at first and thought he could do the touchdown without a push, and when I remembered the pitch is thirteen squares not twelve I had so little time left I just left my formation as it was.

Thanks for the match Chainsawhands (you bastard ;-).

3 simple pictures say it all -

First Half, just about to score

Second Half, about to score again

Match Stats

Brutal. I feel sorry for the poor rats, I wasn't even playing nasty!
    Last edited by ntw; 09-09-2011 at 12:56 AM.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Div4, Div2, DivE rolled on to Day/Week 3
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    The Easy Dead (LowKey, Undead) 2, Fly Soup (MadDave123, Nurgle) 1

Quite a fun game all in all, with 90k in inducements I picked up some lovely wee bloodwieser babes but apart from that the teams were looking pretty even and everyone was looking forward to a good bash. I have uploaded it to BB Manager but there's no stats at the minute - is that because it hasn't been validated or am I just being foolish?

Anyway from memory I kicked to Fly Soup at the start of the first half which was secured, however I managed to knock the ball loose within maybe two/three turns with a mixture of blitsing Mummies blodging ghouls and Nuffle spitting on MadDaves attempts to GFI, secure it and then play it safe on the opposing touch line until turn 8, subsequently scoring. Tame first half with maybe one KO, think there was a couple of BH's which were regened on both teams and I had a zombie sent of for... trying to help a Chaos Warrior up off the ground...

Second half I received and managed to score an earlier TD than I would have like but I was put under a lot of perstigore pressure and as such now had 5 turns to defend... like the inevitable diseased steam roller fly soup pushed down the field, I managed to crowd surf the ball carrier and the ball flew out into the middle of my half, this was promptly retrieved by a pestigore who I managed to blitz with a Skeleton, who subsequently attempted to retrieve the ball and knocked it into my TD zone and of course on his last turn MadDave managed to pick it up for a well deserved TD. Injury wise nothing too serious except one of my Mummies getting BH and one of my ghouls killing a Chaos Warrior.

Overall a very fun game, lots of give and take, I think I was slightly fortunate with the dice and didn't receive too many bad rolls which gave me the edge over a well matched side, cheers for the game MadDave!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    I have uploaded it to BB Manager but there's no stats at the minute - is that because it hasn't been validated or am I just being foolish?
    The latter :) Looking at it you've got an incomplete logfile uploaded. If you want to get stats you'll have to replay the whole match to regenerate the logfile and then upload to BBM. Takes about 5 minutes at max speed (the + key speeds it up).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Damn, I was rather hoping Dave would manage a draw, which would have left me needing a draw to win the division. Now I've got to somehow beat an undead team with my newbie chaos. Well played though, sounds like it was entirely deserved.

NTW, you can feel free to roll our Division (D) on - Rylon's vanished. Hasn't responded in the group thread (since the start of the season when Lowkey couldn't arrange their match) hasn't responded in this thread, hasn't responded to a PM, hasn't responded to a Steam friend request. Not much point waiting around for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Thanks to mrpier for the game - I was pretty lucky to get away with no permanent injuries against all that mighty blow, and the deathroller...
    Innocence is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    <snip>... you can feel free to roll our Division (D) on - Rylon's vanished. Hasn't responded in the group thread (since the start of the season when Lowkey couldn't arrange their match) hasn't responded in this thread, hasn't responded to a PM, hasn't responded to a Steam friend request. Not much point waiting around for him.
    he's not even logged onto the forum since the 3rd Aug :S

Guess he's gone AWOL, we'll process it ASAP (sheet updated)
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Lesser Hivemind Node
    How come i often see team logos i cant choose for my teams on other peoples teams?

The logo list is 50% race, 50% generic. So as Orcs, you can't get the Dark Elf Hydra, but you can both get the Casualty Symbol.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've made a lot of skaven teams and never seen that logo from ntw's post.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    The tentacle brain is a Nurgle logo. The Rat nibbling the ball is a Skaven logo, and at least I can definitely see it in my icon list...
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Brutal. I feel sorry for the poor rats, I wasn't even playing nasty!
    That's the kind of vicious beat down that I always like to see my next opponent receive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    The tentacle brain is a Nurgle logo. The Rat nibbling the ball is a Skaven logo, and at least I can definitely see it in my icon list...
    Yep, bored enough to go and check and both those logos are in my list too.