View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 64 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    How strange, i dont have them. I've played against teams with icons i cant choose before in the challenge league. Its a little annoying.

Rylon's results set to 0-2.

Divs rolled on where possible
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Rylon's results set to 0-2.

Divs rolled on where possible
    4 of my players got level ups.
    3 of them rolled a 6 and a 4, and I couldn't resist giving all of them +mov. So effectively, I still have a newbie chaos team - except theyre a lot faster than you'd expect, and one of them has block.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Damn, I was rather hoping Dave would manage a draw, which would have left me needing a draw to win the division. Now I've got to somehow beat an undead team with my newbie chaos. Well played though, sounds like it was entirely deserved.
    HA! Like I'm going to make things easy for you. :p

LowKey, thanks for the game. Lots of fun, even if I did manage to re-roll a failed GFI into another failed GFI... TWICE! -_-
    I also have a new found hatred for mummies.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDave123 View Post
    HA! Like I'm going to make things easy for you. :p

LowKey, thanks for the game. Lots of fun, even if I did manage to re-roll a failed GFI into another failed GFI... TWICE! -_-
    Mummies just want to hug you. They're actually quite friendly once you get to know them.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Originally Posted by MadDave123
    mummy.jpg

Still no home internet access

Hey, so still no internet access here, and unlikely to have any until mid to late next week. Obviously I really want to play my match against Zoraster, but I may have to forfeit. Sorry about this, really disappointed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Mummies are the best little big guys. Khemri was my favourite bashy team for a while until their mummies turned into tomb guardians in a later edition of the rules :(

Back when I plated in a RL league, my team's brand new minotaur died in his very first game when he tried to block one of them. I harbour a healthy respect/paralysing fear of mummies to this day.

Div B can be rolled on.

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    Div B can be rolled on.
    DivB rolled on ;)
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by Alethron View Post
    Hey, so still no internet access here, and unlikely to have any until mid to late next week. Obviously I really want to play my match against Zoraster, but I may have to forfeit. Sorry about this, really disappointed.
    *IF* the rest of your Div don't mind *and* you can all get the season wrapped up as close to the end date as possible, then we can give you a few more days...

(cross posted to the Championship discussion)

/edit - WB Dragon?
    Last edited by ntw; 10-09-2011 at 03:55 PM.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Altdorf Army 1 - 0 The Jesters of Death

The Army ere victorious in a game that will go down in the annals for the sport as, just a bit too silly to be taken seriously. It was end to end stuff with mistakes and crazy plays galore. I'd have to watch the replay to give an accurate report of what happened a there was just too much stuff going on.

Team Pathogenic (Nurgle, ntw) vs Mice to see u, to see u.. (Skaven, KayD)

In the pouring rain, Mice to see u, to see u.. (M2C) won the toss and elected to kick. M2C spent their ~530k of incentive money on a Halfling Chef (he stole 2 rerolls each half) an additional Apothecary and a few Bloodweiser Babes (expecting a few KO's or injuries maybe?). Team Pathogenic (TP) earned a reroll on the kickoff to make up slightly for the two they lost while they were stuffing themselves with delicious Halfling Stew.

TP started as they meant to continue, by almost immediately KO-ing a rat and knocking 2 others down. Measles finally started to earn his inflated wage as a "Special Teams Players" by managing to put the boot into one of the downed Rats and ensuring he'd miss the rest of the game. This seemed to rattle the M2C Gutter Runners and in a desperate attempt to survive the match, Lashamute Squeek came up with the brilliant idea of pretending to fall over dead whilst dodging through the TP lines. Unfortunately the M2C Apothecary was on hand to point out to the coach that he was only faking it, and he was forced to rejoin the subs on the touchline. TP emphasised the bashy nature of this match by immediately KO-ing another rat and then Measles earnt himself a bonus by sneakily KO-ing another rat who was resting for a moment on the floor. Turn 2 ends and M2C have already lost 5 players from the pitch, 1 injured, 1 faking an injury and back in the subs box and 3 KO-ed.
    A little pushing happens at the line of scrimmage then M2C spot an opportunity to pressure the ball carrier and dodge past the line, in a move which warns of things to come, the rat then fails his GFI roll and falls over. TP ratchet up the pressure by killing M2C's star Gutter Runner (+1MA, Block, 2SPPs from 4th Level) who the Apothecary confirms really is dead, but TP drag off the corpse to recruit after the match. More pushing occurs until Measles gets cocky and fouls a rat right in front of the Ref, he is sent off for his transgression, but can be seen being congratulated by his team-mates and looking very smug in the Sin Bin. TP grind out the rest of the half against the 3 remaining rats and Hepatitis steps across the line to score just before the whistle blows, all M2C's rats recover from KO, but they barely have time to pickup the ball and try a pass in the pouring rain before the half ends.

Team Pestilence 1 - 0 Mice to see u, to see u..

The rain continues in the second half and makes the ground slippery as well as the ball, Lashamute Squeek fails an early dodge an KOs himself. M2C force a gap on the right side of the pitch and try to push through to take advantage, but TP move across in force and close it down KO-ing another rat in the process. M2C try to switch across to the weakly defended left side of the pitch, but once again TP manage to work their numbers advantage and Blitz the ball carrier. He drops to the floor and is stretchered off to take no further part in the match while the ball bounces away from the TP players. M2C manage to dodge away and pickup the ball, running it into the middle of the pitch they go for a desperate pass upfield but HongKongFlu manages to bat the ball down and TP close around it and pick it up. From here on the result is inevitable as TP steadily push upfield to score their second as the final whistle blows.
    Team Pestilence 2 - 0 Mice to see u, to see u..

My team were just too strong and bashy for KayD to cope with at the end of the day, I was fairly lucky with managing to knock his rats out quite quickly thereby ensuring I had the numbers advantage to nullify his speed advantage. The stats on BBM show that I did well at the blocking and KayD was forced to make many, many rolls to dodge and GFI - which ultimately hurt him badly when they failed.

Cheers to KayD for a good game played, as always, in good spirit.
    Last edited by ntw; 10-09-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Played with StudentEternal. My Lizards Verses The Skaven. 2-1 To Me

Nuffle wasn't on Student's side a lot of times, it showed in the first turn of his while trying to dodge it made a Turnover giving me the ball allowing my Lizard team to make the touchdown a few turns later. Though he did get lucky with his Touchdown just before the Half Time because of an extra turn given to him by the referee and my stupid mistake of re-rolling a both down to a push. The second Half was me having the ball and slowly getting down to the goaline, since my lizards are tough there was many casualties on the Skaven side so I was able to showboat a bit to slow him down. Even so it still got a bit hairy near the end where Nuffle decided that he actually kind of liked the Skaven after all and gave me loads of quick turnovers because of the damn both down and attacker down, I think I got three in a row and I had no re-rolls left. Thankfully though Nuffle wasn't to kind to him and he didn't score, but it got a bit to close for me.

Being my first time with Lizards i think I really really love them, they are just perfect for my kind of play, they have both good attacking and defence because of the saurus and good dodging play because of the skinks.

Just wait until one of your big stompy guys dies and you're left with a hole in your defences that you simply can't plug short of a skink hit squad :(

Yeah, Lizards are great and did really well in the Cup back in the day.

Now my Dark Elves have to fight your horrible reptilian monsters!
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Activated Node
    The Rakish Rodents (Me) 1-2 Brolaf Brigade (Smaug81)

Nuffle finally noticed I was having a bit of a lucky streak and promptly punished me. The match started badly with a few badly hurts and miss next games, recovered a bit in the middle and then ended with only 5 rats left on the pitch.

A good game, very close right up to the end with some great plays on both sides, and fairly even (see: bad) luck on each side.

Not a good few days for Skaven coaches it seems.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

An excellent match, as INinja said.

I won the toss and chose to kick, and some poor rolls for the Rodents led to an early defensive touchdown for me. I stalled on the touchline as long as I could safely do so, but still left the rats 2 or 3 turns in the half. This proved to be ample time for them to score, in spite of me sending back most of my players to attempt to box in the gutter runners that had dodged through the lines into my backfield. Some well managed blocking and ball handling still saw a GR dodge away from his markers and waltz into the endzone.

Receiving for the second half, I proceeded to grind down the left side of the field in typical bashy fashion. There were some dicey moments where the Rodents got shots at my ball carrier, but fortunately none of these attempts resulted in a turnover. I again stalled on the touchline for as many turns as I could manage, and this time successfully left the rats with only one turn to play. INinja lacked the means to pull off an OTT, so that wrapped the game up.

Amusingly enough, the star player of the game, for me, was clearly the pitch. Yes, the pitch. It KO'd and injured more rats than any player on my team could ever dream of. I lost track of the number of dodge and GFI attempts that resulted in Rodents being carried off the field senseless or broken. I think I owe that pitch a drink.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Just wait until one of your big stompy guys dies and you're left with a hole in your defences that you simply can't plug short of a skink hit squad :(
    Yes I did find this actually, one of the Skaven knocked out my Saurus and well it was quite a blow since I only have 5 and my defence was down a bit a lot. So I can see this would be a problem. Also trying to defend against a very dodgy team is a nightmare!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    getting the skills onto the big guys is a bit of a nightmare. Break tackle on them makes a massive difference though - without it, you can basically guarantee they stay where you want by just letting them 2-dice one of your mooks (lineorcs, zombies, linerats) every turn while your other players play whack-a-skink. Block also helps a lot, obviously.