View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 82 of 415 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Crikey, you jammy sod!

If Nuffle has any sense of Karma, your entire team will now get destroyed over the next few matches...
    BBManager is giving me a French error message at the moment so I can't upload the match.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nicely done sir, sounds like my first game with skaven against nurgle. I was getting creamed, I was 1-0 down, I'd basically given up. So I figured I'd try a ridiculous and impossible dash for a free ball followed by a cross-pitch 6+ pass. Million to one chance... which of course paid off.

Nicely done on the match report, AH. Suffices quite well to capture the drama and lunacy of that match.

It was a blast of a game to play, even watching what I thought was shaping up to be a solid victory slip improbably away. Just too hilariously unlikely not to be amused by.

Just finished a rather soul crushing 0 - 1 loss to Jolima which resulted in the death of my L4 Thro-Ra who had 14 TDs to his name :(

On the bright side my second Blitz-Ra picked up Guard and since I had a frankly obscene 600k in the bank I've replaced the Thro-Ra with a rookie and picked up a replacement for the niggling injury trash skeleton I also collected.

Poor dice all round left the first half rather uneventful, except for the death of my player, and a slight numbers advantage to my Khemri due to KOs that I failed to capitalise on as Vamps are annoyingly manoeuvrable. A couple of idiot mistakes left Jolima with a relatively easy TD early in the second half, and some highly frustrating ball bounces meant I was never able to really do too much with the ball beyond shuffle it around and stare blankly at it. Jolima had a chance at a 2nd TD in the dying turns of the game but a 1D blitz that KOed a Thrall meant the last 2 turns were just us both hitting each other hoping for some SPPs, which neither got.

Pretty soundly outplayed from my perspective; I should have gone for a Wizard as my inducement rather than a useless bribe (As we got the bribe event) and the usual re-roll, I screwed up player placement on a number of occasions, missed out on a 1D block on a carrier as I moved my Blitz-Ras in the wrong order, and Jolima ran rings around me with gaze and a lot of successful dodges.

Activated Node
    As a side note to all these rather spiffy logs. How are people tracking the game to make these? replays? notebooks as they play? realllly good memories?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I usually write them down from memory, of course if it was en eventful game then that usually isn't enough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I run the game in windowed mode and have an open .txt file next to it to jot down notes.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    If I'm writing a full recap, I'll go back and watch the replay after the game and take notes from that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    In a match between my Dark Elves and INinja's Skaven, we managed a combined total of:
    • 0 Touchdowns
    • 2 Completed passes
    • 7 Knock downs from blocks
    • 2 KOs
    • 2 Injuries
    • 48 yards Passing
    • 84 yards Running

A masterful display of poor planning and 1-rolling from both of us, with one or the other foiling every play we made.

I write on a piece of paper as I go

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    I write on a piece of paper as I go
    like made up of ground up trees?

Previously I've done it from memory directly after the match, I've attempted to watch replays but that was before I knew about the fast forward feature so I'd get bored before the kickoff.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

I mostly do it from memory, which means that if I don't have time right after the match it won't happen at all. I've tried taking notes and watching replays a few times as well but I find that too many details just bogs down my writing.

Halflings got battered 2-0 by Dragon's Undead. I have updated the spreadsheet. Detailed match report will follow.

Activated Node
    DIV 5

Drawlien vs Ragekage

1 - 1

Forgot to take notes but it went as expected. WE score into turn minus 3. dont think id even got out on the pitch.

Then the rest of the half i tried hitting the sneaky lil poofs managing to injure 3. 2nd half again trying to lock them down and keep the ball, to see a wardancer dodge 52 times gfi 5 times then run half the length of the pitch on his hands before passing the ball.

My Black Orc intercepted it. Took me 5 mins to work out what had happened. After that it was all a bit dream like, i was to busy fantasising over a BO dodging throwing monster.

a lucky dodge at the end and the ref letting the clock run for a turn on the kick off table brought the game to an abrupt end. One all.

Very enjoyable game. Very likable fello.

cheers ;)

The Potholers lined up, eleven thirteenths of them gazing up at the slathering and remarkably putrid horde across the line of scrimmage. The other two thirteenths of course were treemen, who were busy contemplating which ghoul they most wanted to squish. On the sidelines a halfling master chef had worked his soup-based magic, ensuring that the Dead Can-Canners had not a reroll between them. The Halflings elect to receive, reasoning that the inevitable wave of face punching might be postponed a turn that way. Armed with a total of seven rerolls, the halflings collect the ball and form a loose cage behind the treemen. One of the treemen starts a trend set to continue by rolling a pair of both downs, but luckily the reroll results in him Badly Hurting a zombie. The zombie appears not to let the fact his head has rolled off the pitch affect him unduly, and gamely gives chase in order to regenerate. The second treeman is less lucky, and falls leaving an unfortunate gap in the Potholers "cage". This gap is quickly exploited by a mummy, which KOs the ball carrier and sets the ball loose. Fortunately for the Potholers, the Ghoul sent to pickup fails the roll. The halflings surround him (it?), and manage to knock down one of his support ghouls. The mummies respond by Badly Hurting a halfling each but a zombie fails a blitz causing a turnover. I attempted to dodge a treeman towards the ball which by this stage is still chilling behind my line of scrimmage, but I select the treeman who happens to lack break tackle, and the 6+ dodge goes predictably well.

At this stage things look grim for the Potholers; both treemen are lying down and contemplating life as furniture, and the ball is surrounded by two slightly scared halflings alond with a large pile of decayed flesh. One of the Ghouls makes the pickup. Next turn, apparently enraged by the poor performance of his team thus far, a surprisingly violent halfling appears to hulk out and leap on to the shoulders of a passing ghoul. The poor ghoul has his neck unceremoniously snapped. Stricken with fear, the ball carrying-ghoul flees towards the endzone. The halflings give chase, making a succession of outrageous dodges on the way, but to no avail. 1-0 to the Dead Can-Canners.

The halflings catch from the kick and again begin the highly tactical process of cowering behind their treeman. The mummy-blitz is surprisingly ineffective, and the cage moves up a few squares to position for a team mate throw, horribly fouling a zombie inna head on their way. Despite daylight being clearly visible through his ears, he gets right back up. Captain Shitmummy (as I now know him) fails another three die block on a halfling, amusingly. The other mummy steps up and blitzes the ball carrier however, and attempts to clear him out fail due to a treeman taking root. Captain Shitmummy finally gets a knockdown after nine block dice, and a fouling skeleton gets sent off. The teams go in from the half with injuries each, but still ready for a fight.

The Master-Chef proves himself to be the true victor in this match by again ensuring no rerolls are granted to the Undead. The kick goes deep in the Can-Canners half, landing near to two ghouls. A group of halflings (dubbed team bastardhalfling more in hope than expectation) begins the long chase towards them. Captain Shitmummy, apparently stung by the derisive chants of the crowd, finally Badly Hurts a halfling. The ghouls are clearly so distracted by team bastardhalfling bearing down on them like pintsized deathrollers that they fluff the pickup. Team Bastardhalfling reaches the ghouls, but fails miserably to live up to their name. The ghouls are reassured and make the pick-up, sprinting down field, with team Bastardhalfling in hot pursuit. The treemen and those hobbits not lucky enough to be selected to join the chase spend most of this paragraph being kicked around by wights.

A mummy manages to KO one of team Bastardhalfling, but the rest of the group are so enraged by his temerity that they trip up the ball carrying ghoul on his way out. After the ensuing scramble, a ghoul emerges, running downpitch unoposed. A halfling is lobbed at him by a treeman, and despite miraculously landing and dodging, he fails the block. The ghoul scores, and the teams line up once again with only one turn remaining.

A blitz action puts pressure on the set up for Operation One Turn Touch Down, but this ends up being academic as the halfling nominated fails his pickup. The final score is two nil to the undead, but the halflings move on, grateful that no permanent damage was done, and looking forward to their next game against some ogres.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Ragekage View Post
    DIV 5

Drawlien vs Ragekage

1 - 1
    Thanks for the write-up Sgt. I think I was getting drunk on the power of Agi 4 and so went for a rather needless pass which of course your BOB intercepted! Two of my injuries in the 1st half were self inflicted btw, those Orcs are a soft touch despite their rough words. ;)

Thanks for the game.

that is an excellent writeup Rakysh, I feel like I am THERE.

Anyway, I played Laneford's monstrous nurgles. Had 200 in TV to make up so I added a couple of bloodweiser babes and an extra apothecary. Extra apo is underrated I reckon, lets you keep players on the pitch for tactical as well as career-saving reasons. I was determined to use the fact that he has to bash to succeed. If I could make that as difficult as possible, I would get an opportunity. This meant not staying in contact with any of his players between halves, even with sauruses which I normally treat as mobile roadblocks made of meat.

Laneford had me receive to start, I knocked back his frontline then formed my own, away from that. Over the next couple of turns, a +St rotter got knocked out and the absolutely obscene mutated beastman he has (extra arms, extra heads, extra you know whats) managed to get the ball before my blundering, butterfingered skinks could even pick it up. I watched them trailing after the ball with gleeful, clumsy expressions and wept as he effortless scooped up the ball and ran towards the touchline...falling over on the GFI, fortunately. Finally, finally picked up the ball with a skink in turn 3 and motored towards the safety of the sauruses, who were beginning to fall back under weight of nurgle numbers.

On Turn 5, with the added assists that the skinks offered, biffage occurs, with a pestigor killed (regenned) and a block/guard nurgle warrior collar-boned (regenned). Stupid regeneration, but it gave me a numbers advantage. He manages to track back and take out the wrestle-skink holding the ball, knocking the ball into a group of my players. The massive-handed, extra bollocked beastman then nonchalantly steps in to said scrum and picks up the ball again, whistling as he exits the cage.

Turn 6, I get it back through the medium of face-punching, but Laneford now blitzes with some dodging and gets it back a-goddamn-gain with taht monstrosity of nature. I hate him. On Turn 7, I get it back again with a biff-bash-bosh, get the ball carrier blitzed once more and the ball tipples into the hands of a surprised, surrounded saurus. I do my best to get him out but have to reroll a "that guy is too ugly to hit" roll and fail the handoff to the one skink that would be able to give me a half-time lead.

0-0 at half-time, then. My KO'd guys get up, his regenned guys are up anyway. 11v11, round two.

I use TACTICS and apo a KO'd saurus after the restart, not extending the same privilege to a skink. Laneford's horrible claw-mightyblow-block warrior is badly hurt in revenge but regens. Stupid regeneration. I continue the "beat the hell out of them" strategy as I'm calling it to stop his advance and turn 10 is a bonanza secret jackpot round. His +AG rotter is hip-smashed (not regenned yesss), his beast of nurgle is KILLED STONE DEAD by a heroic krox-looking gentleman. I cheer loudly and obnoxiously as it doesn't regenerate. WHEEEEY.

Laneford is running low on options and beelines for the touchline, falling over in the process. His first block of the next half is a skull. It's that sort of day and I am on the opposite touchline by now with a free skink. Any nurgle that gets up is punched in the face and eventually they stop getting up. Stalling it out goes off without a hitch and we stroll in the Turn-16 touchdown for a 1-0 heroic victory that will live long in lizard folklore.

Monopole Magnates 1-0 Rejected RPG Stats

Thankyou. So's yours, it made me giggle a lot.

Activated Node
    Sorry all, new job and got hit with monstrous double shifts, didn't realise the league would move so fast! Live and learn and all that, next season :)