View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 93 of 415 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Maybe you accidentally hired dwarfs who were merely doughy.

That may be true. I would definitely prefer devilish, dirty, dastardly or even daring but I got deadwood instead.

Activated Node
    Ah, smeg. Is there an admin about who can roll div D forward please?
    Last edited by cwoac; 23-10-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Done. Also defaulted onestep's last game. Also validated and moved forward other relevant divisions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    2-2 for me and potatoedoughnut. Match validated and I've rolled division 1 on to day 3; sorry for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Groovychainsaw was heavily outnumbered today as he was playing both me and whisky.
    Kind of worrying that I apparently play better drunk though.
    Whisky figures strongly in my BB playbook. Unfortunately it makes my decisions (even more) rash and ill-considered. Nuffle occasionaly smiles on such "strategy" but also not that much.

And why the picture of a bottle of crabbies???

I was drinking whisky and ginger wine, is why.

I was drinking whisky and ginger wine, is why.
    Jameson isn't whisky.

Come to think of it, Crabbies isn't ginger wine either!

I suppose we should expect such perfidy from someone who, despite all his claims to the contrary, is neither a President nor a Weasel!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just played Drawlien's Wood elves, which i managed to lose 4-0. Also had a vampire die, but that was kind of my fault i could have gone with the -1str but i left it on dead stupidly and then failed the regen roll. So i am at 9 players with only 3 vamps.
    Think i hurt drawliens team too though, so i guess thats something.... but they are only nigglings so someone else will reap the reward.
    CURSED ELVES.

Yeah I got 2 niggles and 2 MNG's in that game so my team is looking a bit bedraggled for the start of next season, but that's how it goes with Woodies! At least I got 3 level-ups and a pretty good shout at being promoted next season even if there are no drop-outs.

Thanks for the game Gorm, hope your Vamps recover before too long!

Jameson's is whiskey, tis true. And being Scottish it might seem unpatriotic to drink it, but it is rather tasty. I use the Scottish word for the drink even when I am drinking the Irish version.

And Crabbies Ginger Wine is ginger wine.
    Crabbies ginger beer isn't - but that's not what I was drinking.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    And he is in fact the president of all weasel-kind.

And Crabbies Ginger Wine is ginger wine.
    Crabbies ginger beer isn't - but that's not what I was drinking.
    I'll allow it. THIS TIME!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Just played Drawlien's Wood elves, which i managed to lose 4-0
    Damn I lost that much as well, I say we put an investigation into Drawlien, I suspect he has sign his soul to the devil!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yea, i decided half way through the first half that i had no chance of scoring if i didnt take some of your team off. But it didnt work.
    Oh well, giving the vamps one more season while i think about if i want to keep playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    I'll allow it. THIS TIME!
    And you can see it quite clearly written on the bottle, too.
    Seems like, in these cynical times, even we fake politicians get suspected at every turn :)

1 - 1 in my Div C game against Combat Bunnee's Chaotic Jesters of Death.
    Highlight of the game for me was Combat's admission at the end that the game was 'intense' and 'fun' - two words a Dwarf player almost never hears from his opponents.
    Combat elected to kick in the first half, and formed up tight in the center, trying to entice the stunties into a foolhardy early TD down one of the widezones - no doubt wishing the Deathroller would go away as quickly as possible. It almost did go away on the first turn, when I foolishly left it open to a 2D blitz from the Minotaur. But double push meant it stayed where it was. The ball carrier stepped across the halfway line, and pretty much stayed there for the first 4 turns, while the chaosmans and the dwarfmans traded blows ineffectually. However, an injured beastman in the center, a bunching of Chaos on the right flank, and the un-dwarflike fleetness of a couple of my +MV players allowed for a fast break down the left flank, with a TD on turn 7.

Second half, and luck was again with the dwarves, with a blitz event allowing my blitzer to catch the dwarven kick. I perhaps overcommitted the rest of my team, however, and the ball was recovered and carried down field by a beastman, with my team mostly tied up and unable to catch the ball carrier. I say mostly, because there was a troll slayer within blitzing range. Unfortunately he would have to dodge out to blitz - which he did! And knocked over the ball carrier! And picked up the ball! All without a reroll!

His glory was short-lived, however, as the chaosmans knocked him down next turn, and were able to score on their turn 4 - leaving the dwarves with 5 turns to score.

The dwarves attempted to set up a risky passing play, but a Troll-slayer knocking himself over at a crucial moment opened up a chance for a beastman to blitz the ball carrier while he was still deep in the dwarven half. The dwarves managed to hold onto the ball, but several turns were wasted trying to secure it, with Chaos dangerously close to the TD line. All the pieces were in place on the last turn for a semi-possible pass-catch TD, but it all ended rather anticlimactically when a troll-slayer failed the GFI he needed to blitz the ball carrier free.

Still a great match, and fun for all involved. Thanks Combat.

2-0 to the bettys! first perfect season (picking on new teams and halflings)
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    1-0 to NieA7's necros, he got an early TD and then put up a highly effective defence preventing me from scoring, well played