Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It was an interesting session and maybe if there would be interest we could do some more advanced stuff like compound clearing, ambushes, convoys. Of course we don't have to go into the details about it, but basic stuff like going in with full auto, checking your buddies back, not bunching up like sheep, you know things like that. And when ambushing someone the whole platoon should be behind a ridge or in trees so the convoy can't see them and they can't see the convoy and only have a CO or a designated spotter to keep an eye on them and that way we could do a proper ambush mission with satchels and mines.

I think this sort of thing is best learned while playing missions, honestly. I learned all the above by watching and listening. And dying. A lot.

Activated Node
    One thing: We need to disable BIS conversation for th next one. Constantly hearing "private", "hi, sir", "hello", and other stuff is terribly annoying.

I'll make sure to post those mods I was talking about in here later, right now I'm frazzled.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
    One thing: We need to disable BIS conversation for th next one. Constantly hearing "private", "hi, sir", "hello", and other stuff is terribly annoying.
    I didn't hear that stuff, I'm pretty sure its because if you go to audio options you can turn "Radio" sounds all the way to nothing, meaning you don't hear any of the "MAN. FRONT. 200 METRES" stuff or the "Private?" spam.
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-Sulphur View Post
    I didn't hear that stuff, I'm pretty sure its because if you go to audio options you can turn "Radio" sounds all the way to nothing, meaning you don't hear any of the "MAN. FRONT. 200 METRES" stuff or the "Private?" spam.
    THAT is what I needed to do..

By the way, for sake of future confusion on the amount of GI Joe's we apparently have. I shall be changing my name from simply "Joe" to something more fun, maybe a suitably funny codename.

Thanks again to all for setting this up, really looking forward to getting to play some "serious" Arma2 multiplayer.

Remember, if you're coming along to the Folk sessions (next one is in 90 minutes from now, at 19:30 UK Sunday 01 July), you'll need to have TeamSpeak configured instead of Mumble. In nearly all other respects, whatever you learned at the non-mandatory training sessions should serve you well in the Folk session too.

For more information, see: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...-%28Sundays%29

Obscure Node
    Hi have there been anymore of these sessions? Is there another today? Really want to try out some organised (ish) Arma

Network Hub
    Can do, I was wanting to play some arma today. If people have things they want to try out then we can do that.

I'd love to do some training, I know there is a horrible stack of stuff that I don't know or have forgotten, and if someone wants to line us up and shout at us like drill instructor Hartman, that's even better!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Hamster View Post
    I'd love to do some training, I know there is a horrible stack of stuff that I don't know or have forgotten, and if someone wants to line us up and shout at us like drill instructor Hartman, that's even better!

Il gladely line up you all and shoot at you.

Actually getting shot is one thing I'm pretty good at.

Activated Node
    We could go for some helicopter training. Like, nap of the earth tactical flight, rooftop insertions, navigation in hostile territory and hot LZs.
    Just cause we actually never get to fly choppers, so it'd be totally useless, hence the fun.

Network Hub
    I will line something up at 7pm uk time. Come join me on mumble then.