Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Oh man, anything Bethesda. The sheer amount of wack you can do with some googling to look up console commands wikis.
    Ha! Yes. It all started when I was irrevocably locked behind a door that wasn't triggering properly ... then I realized the power of the tools I had stumbled across. An army of Fawkes's you say? Want to be king of the Mirelurks for a day, you say? Well that can be arranged! Feel those Enclave soldiers over there need a taste of Albino Radscorpian? How about ten?

And then we start playing with doors hacks and no-clipping ...

Sadly, as mentioned already, the relevant console commands were entirely necessary for many players to play the game as intended.
    Last edited by gwathdring; 05-07-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Colour me interested. Tell me more.
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=12350.0

Sadly no god mode but it's still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Salix View Post
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=12350.0

Sadly no god mode but it's still fun.
    There's also a way to edit your character so that you have, say, 1000 points in Strength, but I can't remember how to do it.

Giant ant level in Red Alert. My friend actually broke down the morse code in the manual to figure that out. Amazing when you think about it.

By the way, does anyone know of console commands for Metro 2033? I'd like to finish it, but those goddamn exploding blobs and the horrible framerate drops that come with them ruined whatever investment I previously had in that game.

I'm not entirely sure there are console commands for metro, at least I don't remember using any. I remember having to edit a couple of files but I can't actually remember which ones.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Usually any if then. I use cheats to revive games i stopped playing for whatever reason and want to rush to the end.

Network Hub
    My favourite cheat isn't a cheat itself but merely a reference to cheats in other games - god mode in Rise of the Triad.

Eeeeuuuuuurrrrraaaaaaaaaaggggghhhh

I remember that it was impossible for me to finish Dark Corners of the Earth without the dev mode because of a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    So, what are you guys favourite cheats? Since multiplayer has really taken off cheats have a certain stigma to them now as being a bad thing, but sometimes games are even better and more fun with cheats. I love Zombie mode in Saints Row 3rd and being able to spawn cool things in GTA IV and stuff.

I used to love getting my old copies of Atari ST user or C&VG and Gamesmaster (with Patrick Moore and Dominik Diamond) on the TV just for the cheats section to see if any of my games had cheats.

Would be cool to be able to share confimed working cheats too (although NO MULTIPLAYER!!!!111!!!one).
    I like using Cheat Engine to cheat manually... feels more like an achievement than most other cheating methods.

It's like a game within the game.. you need to figure out how to cheat :)

Jedi Outcast: I used to change the color of my lightsaber and play through the entire game with maximum force powers. Had a lot of fun with cheats in the various Tony Hawk games too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I just cheated in Skyrim,i am only an hour in to the game and i cant bother playing 65 hours to be decent when fighting others so i leveled up Sneaking,pickpocketing,archery and light armor to 60..plus i got me some nice armor for my khajiit :3 FUCK YEHA HE WAS BORN MOTHERFUCKER!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Giant ant level in Red Alert. My friend actually broke down the morse code in the manual to figure that out. Amazing when you think about it.
    I was just thinking about that. A really fun set of levels.

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    Jedi Outcast: I used to change the color of my lightsaber and play through the entire game with maximum force powers. Had a lot of fun with cheats in the various Tony Hawk games too.

There's the other one I used a lot. The import thing about Jedi Knight 2 is that the cheats made the game an entirely different experience. Persuasion 5 turned into mind control, and you could actually go through the level as a storm trooper or whatnot. Saber_realistic made everyone's lightsaber one hit one kill weapons.
    Last edited by Internet; 19-08-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post

There's the other one I used a lot. The import thing about Jedi Knight 2 is that the cheats made the game an entirely different experience. Persuasion 5 turned into mind control, and you could actually go through the level as a storm trooper or whatnot. Saber_realistic made everyone's lightsaber one hit one kill weapons.
    You're right, I'd forgotten about those. Saber_realistic changed the game completely, it made lightsaber duels so much more lethal.

Not a PC game but I think my favourite set of cheats were for the Die Hard trilogy on PS1. All the bad guys would shout McClane! in a bad german accent and then proceed to turn around and shoot at you from between their legs and then fly up into the sky when they died. Fucking hilarious to the young skeletor of the time.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienPWNers View Post
    I like using Cheat Engine to cheat manually... feels more like an achievement than most other cheating methods.

It's like a game within the game.. you need to figure out how to cheat :)
    This. Cheat Engine is great, in my opinion mostly because it allows cheating in any game regardless of console commands. The simplest ones are simply find your values for health, money, xp, character attributes, whatever, then set them crazy high or fix the value so it can never decrease.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Not a PC game but I think my favourite set of cheats were for the Die Hard trilogy on PS1. All the bad guys would shout McClane! in a bad german accent and then proceed to turn around and shoot at you from between their legs and then fly up into the sky when they died. Fucking hilarious to the young skeletor of the time.
    I had forgotten this until now, that cheat was The Best Cheat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Not a favourite exactly, but when I was a kid I put a random code into Bubble Bobble on the gameboy the day I got it, and by some absurd fluke it was a cheat that allowed skipping to any level (although oddly, with the monsters swapped around - normally levels 1-50 had one set of monsters and 51-100 another, but the cheat reversed them). I basically never played it without, because, well, why would you?

I always play Mount and Blade with cheats on, mostly for the teleporting. Traipsing around all over the goddamn place is too tedious.

Bethesda games pretty much mandate use of the console to (a) fix things and (b) make the game interesting. It's a lot more fun when you limit your inventory space so that deciding what to carry actually matters, rather than carrying around 80 swords just to flog them, and 200 potions for every possible situation, just in case.

Aliens Vs Predator had a few fun cheat codes, which were openly unlockable. Most of them were crap (and sadly, you could only use one at a time), but some were great - turning the alien's bite attack into a ranged one, turning the level upside down, slow-mo enemies, "pigsticking"... gave the game a bit more longevity, like.

Sinister Theme Park was amazing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Another good one in command and conquer was selling a building then quickly clicking on it and hitting S, this stopped the sale but you kept the minigunners that came out when selling a building, huge minigunner armies were a lot of fun
    you could sell those guys too buy saleclicking on them when they were next to sandbags

Couldn't have finished Chaos Engine on my Amiga without RUDBK0Q7JWM6 (30 lives).
    Loved God and Noclip in Doom n Quake.

Would kill for Hotline Miami cheat codes.