Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

uplay login issue

Anyone else having a problem with uplay recently?
    I tried playing SC:Conviction just now and it's asking me for the key (which I entered a couple of months ago). I've checked the game is still tied to my uplay account (it is).

Ordinarily I would just check the ubisoft forums, but there's already thousands of threads about uplay issues over the past couple of years, so I can't tell if this is a global thing or not.
    "Give all your money to CoD. Give yourself to CoD. Play only CoD. There are no other games. Nothing else matters. Shoot the men. Shoot all the men. Shoot them all the time."

Editor, Control Command Escape

Steam | Raptr

Lesser Hivemind Node
    There is a brand new UPlay. I just logged into Anno 2070 and its all new. I had no problems with keys.

Do you have any other Uplay games? There is now a my games section that lets you swap between them.

It looks like they are making there own origin type software. My steam copy of Driver San Fran doesn't hook up with it. It has the skin, but not the ability to swap between games.
    Last edited by Kiril; 03-07-2012 at 04:03 PM.

No that's the only one I have the (mis)fortune to have.

EDIT: Also it's the Mac version. I guess they haven't updated the client yet…
    "Give all your money to CoD. Give yourself to CoD. Play only CoD. There are no other games. Nothing else matters. Shoot the men. Shoot all the men. Shoot them all the time."

Steam | Raptr

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The new Uplay is here for download

http://uplay.ubi.com/en-GB

Its says PC, so you could be right in that its not out for Mac yet.

Where are you launching the game from? Maybe a reinstall, can you update it at all. Log out and back in to your uplay account?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You know what the obvious solution to your uplay woes is...
    I don't understand why people would support always online drm.

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    because at this point it's not always online, it has an offline mode.

edit: and personally, I thought some of what Uplay did was good, such as allowing the user to 'buy' wallpapers and skins with achievement points.

This is getting tiresome. I'm no fan of DRM at all, but buying a game ≠ supporting always online DRM

Steam | Raptr

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjafoodstuff View Post
    This is getting tiresome. I'm no fan of DRM at all, but buying a game ≠ supporting always online DRM
    Ubisoft tried always online drm in their games, it didn't affect sales enough, they were encouraged to put it in all of their games.

Seems pretty straightforward, DRM is only going to get more and more draconian as long as the games that have it keep selling as well as the games that don't.

There are like... two ubi games that aren't available on some torrent site (simply because noone cares enough to crack them since noone cares about playing them i.e HAWX) and every single other game is there and fully functional and functions offline unlike the retail version.

It's ineffective and bothers the shit out of anyone with an unreliable isp, a laptop , or anyone who would like to play their games again a few years along the road.
    I'm still playing san andreas and replayed nolf 2, beyond good and evil, aoe 2 this year, now be honest and tell me what you think the odds of being able to do that with any uplay title in 5-10 years is?
    Or maybe it doesn't matter because most of these ubisoft games aren't good enough to want to replay in the future anyhow...

Point remains: People shouldn't complain about uplay while they are the ones supporting that shit.
    You know it's there, you still pay for it ,and then you are surprised you have problems.

If you buy a game it should work, all day, every day, for as long as hardware that can play it exists, that's how it's always been during the last 30 years, let's not fuck that up now because some people apparently don't have the self control to skip a game that tramples on common sense and long established standards.

And don't give me that 'but but but the industry' crap, there are (too) many game studios and plenty of those make decent to good games without stepping on your rights as a gamer.
    Last edited by Finicky; 05-07-2012 at 02:13 AM.

words
    that's nice. But most of the Uplay games have an offline mode now.

Additionally, this bit:
    If you buy a game it should work, all day, every day, for as long as hardware that can play it exists, that's how it's always been during the last 30 years
    is entirely false. Games haven't always just worked, and they're unlikely to ever reach a point where they'll always just work.

Edit: for clarity. By most, I mean not all of them. Lets avoid arguing semantics.
    Last edited by Wheelz; 05-07-2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Clarity

If you buy a game it should work, all day, every day, for as long as hardware that can play it exists, that's how it's always been during the last 30 years, let's not fuck that up now because some people apparently don't have the self control to skip a game that tramples on common sense and long established standards.
    I'm not disagreeing with you on any of these points, but the fact is, I'm not simply not going to buy a game just because I disagree with the practice of DRM– it's just not a useful thing to do. Much like I will still vote for a particular politician, but that doesn't mean I have to agree 100% on all of their policies. I'm just trying to play a game for fuck's sake, not change the world one software title at a time. Usually I steer clear of Ubisoft titles, but in this case I wanted to see what the fuss was about with the Splinter Cell series. Should I really be given a hard time about it?

My OP was not bemoaning that the system is in place, I know it sucks. My point is that their own system appears to be broken– by their own standards– and (judging by the email tennis with their technical support) they don't even seem to be aware of the issue.

Steam | Raptr

Obscure Node
    man im having the same issue with my settlers 7 game from 3rd july after the uplay update and notified ubisoft about it and they can do nothing yet ...!!! if u found a solution please inform me as well..thanks

Here's what ubisupport said:

We are aware of this issue and the appropriate departments are already working on this problem to solve it as soon as possible. As soon as we have more information on this, we will contact you again by email.

We do apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Steam | Raptr

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Why don't you just crack the game,its yours after all x)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Sorry to revive, but did this get sorted? I'm having the same problem trying to play AC:R. It's asking for a key since the new Uplay update, but it says it's already in use.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I got hijacked into updating UPlay today - before I could play Driver:SF - and I notice they've changed the way 'offline' works.

Used to be a checkbox on each game - is now on option in the Menus "Always start in offline mode".

Maybe worth starting it - setting that - stopping it - restarting it?? If whatever they 'renew' as an online check has expired tho, it's likely to remain moody :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Well damn, I thought that was it then but it popped up with "you need to be online to register this game".

Hrmph. Maybe, I'll crack it until they answer my request.

I had the same issue with Driver sf. It sorted itself out. Since it was during the weakened I doubt ubi did anything. I did do a couple of things that might have made it work:Restart uplayStart uplay via exe install locationLog in to uplay in browserAny or all of the above might have done it.Hope this helps.

Obscure Node
    I wanted to see what the fuss was about with the Splinter Cell series.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Sorry to revive, but did this get sorted? I'm having the same problem trying to play AC:R. It's asking for a key since the new Uplay update, but it says it's already in use.
    It was working when I tried it yesterday, but still not heard back from support.

Steam | Raptr

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    If you bought the game from Steam, you must start it from Steam, otherwise it will ask for the CD Key. Also, games bought on Steam don't appear on the games tab.
    This is really silly, but at least it's not Origin.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?