Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Crusader Kings II: Help me conquer the world.

My friends and me have buy this game. I am befuddled by it. It seems that you play it by.... dyiing? so you have childrens, and these childrens heritase more territories, or something like that. So the game pace is really slow, and you do nothing almost all the time, until somebody somewhere dies, and lands change hands.

I want to speedup it, and I have not problem cheating. Infinite money and stuff like that.

Do anyone have any suggestion how to speedup stuff, and conquer other lands quick?

Are you sure you're playing the right game for what you want to experience? :)
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Are you sure you're playing the right game for what you want to experience? :)
    Probably not, but I have not problem in forcing the game to work the way I want it to work, if theres some way, even if I need to cheat like crazy.

One possibility would be starting as one of the little Spanish states and progressively holy-warring your way out of Spain and into Africa. The pope would love you and presumably crusades would be playing right into your hands.

You probably want to either play a different paradox game or scour the paradox forums for cheesy strategies though _
    Last edited by Jiiiiim; 15-07-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    The game is about your characters and kind of about your lands its really good because surprising things happen, become one of the irsh dutchies and try to form Ireland and you'll get a taste of what I mean.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    It seems that you play it by.... dyiing? so you have childrens, and these childrens heritase more territories, or something like that. So the game pace is really slow, and you do nothing almost all the time, until somebody somewhere dies, and lands change hands.
    Don't think of it as 'you' having children. You play as the spirit of the entire dynasty, really. You do what's ultimately best for the line and for the future of the dynasty even if that means screwing over the guy you're technically playing as at any one time.

There is a time slider in the game, though. You can rattle through the years pretty quickly, and you'll get a lot of random events.

If you want to be able to have large wars more quickly, have you considered starting the game as a monarch who's already pretty powerful with an existing large military and more resources to draw upon?

But really, I think maybe you just haven't worked out all the different ways of gaining territory. It isn't like you wait around until somebody dies and you then randomly get given more land for no reason. Watch a Let's Play on Youtube. There's a good series here where somebody plays as Ireland, which is a pretty good starting point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Why don't you instead play some Total War,this game is not for you obviously.

Activated Node
    There's a thread with cheat commands somewhere on the Paradox forums, which can speed things up a lot if that is what you want. Also playing a large kingdom or empire will give you significantly more to do than a smaller start.

There are also a surprising number of ways to get claims on places so that you can conquer them, although they may not be immediately apparent. You can have your chancellor fake claims on places, you can marry into them, you can usurp higher titles once you own 50% of their de jure area, then use de jure claims to conquer the rest, you can push claims of your court and vassals (although this gets complicated about whether you actually get the land or not), you can holy war against heathens.

Really though I agree with what some others have said - if you mainly want to conquer the world, there are other games you'll get on with a lot better. You CAN do this in CK2, but it isn't really what the game is about, and many of the game's systems are designed specifically to hinder you doing it easily or quickly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    You might be better off with Europe Universalis III if you're more interested in imperialist exploits but still want to avoid the more shallow games like Total War.

Stop playing like Harold Godwinson and start playing like William the Bastard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have found it!.

Jihads!. I declare a jihad to a cristian kingdown, then send my hordes to destroy all is armies, and conquer his cities. Then make them surrender. After that normally I have the option to destroy the title. Sorry Barcelona, no more barons. Zaragoza is in path to conquer all the planet!.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    It seems that you play it by.... dyiing?
    Well, I think with 1.06 they added in the Immortality trait in, so just mod the character you want and away you go!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am doing well. Always fighting, and conquering more land, and winning against rebels, traitors and so on. I have learned how to ocupy a land and make it mine, how to convince enemy kings, and how to start new wars. Sometimes I get into a way against myself, or stuff like that, is a very special game. I have fun :D. Already have conquered a 30% of the spanish peninsula.