Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EBass View Post
    Which is fine, but you could have very easily called it like you saw it without pissing me off. I think you've made some legitimate criticisms and some not so legitimate.
    Its just a mission. I can't really arsed to handle people's egos with kid gloves in situations like this. Still in hindsight it was a dickish way of putting it.

Quote Originally Posted by EBass View Post
    Ah those, if you read the mission briefing you'll notice that it tells you that the enemy sends armoured reinforcements from their Southern Airfield about 40 minutes after being spotted. You aren't really supposed to fight them (as it says in the briefing) they're just basically a way of saying "You've taken too long get out or die." Though I suppose seeing as we have like 6000 satchel charges and they arrive in column formation by road it wouldn't actually be too hard to completely waste them. Anyway
    Oh, okay. That seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
    Edit: Joe, i hope you didn't take my comment about you going all Rambo wrong. This was like the funniest stuff i got to watch during the session.
    Yeah no worries I was just thinking that maybe it might have seemed like I'd run off from my squad and done my own thing. I think I was more like Weird Al's Rambo than Stallone's though lol.
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

Network Hub
    So from this we can establish that

1. The mission was hampered by the fact it was dark - look at changing this
    2. Some people had some bad luck/timing - look at reducing the chance of this happening
    3. Some people were frustrated with early death - perhaps look at altering troop placement/numbers
    4. People were unsure of proceedings - Look at simplifying briefing or map markers.
    5. People need to improve their tone to aid discussion rather than argument - Buck up and proof read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
    IEdit: Joe, i hope you didn't take my comment about you going all Rambo wrong. This was like the funniest stuff i got to watch during the session.
    +1

That was a fantastic effort, it was pretty harrowing to be able to see the sheer volume of enemies swarming around you. Great that you managed to stay alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIg7T...1&feature=plcp Slightly belayed but this was my perspective of Cocktails!

Obscure Node
    There was someone in tank meaning I couldn't hijack it. Got killed by nearby enemy troops. I got greedy and paid for it.

Network Hub

[AAR] [Sun] 08 July 2012 Ferless Warriors

Thanks for the great games tonight, we played:

With a chance of hail
    Cratesistance
    Into the sea
    Generals

All were attempted with glorious resignation to our fates as squishy meat, the tinned meat didn't meet their death quota this week however so will have to expect penance to be levelled their way. Another good player count btw, thanks for joining us new peoples please post your thoughts below (and on the folk forum).

http://www.ferstaberinde.com/folk/fo...10&t=447#p2410

Activated Node
    Once again a great session!

With a Chance of Hail

C1 FTL, with Astro Nit, Null, and Kefirz.
    We lost Kefirz to a server deconnection almost immediately.
    Although nobody admitted to it, i strongly believe i was shost in the ass by someone from Bravo, while i was engaging a few enemies in front of Draakon, our SL. After what, as one of my comrades touched my chest for a while, i came back to the world of living only to see a nade landing on top of my head. Leaving only the wounded Astro Nit alive, bound to bleed out soon.
    Then got to watch Bodge conduct a daring flanking maneuver while Rawrnix was sipping a pinata a few kilometers away.

Cratesistance

That one saw my unbelievable marksmanship skillz: got to shoot at an enemy two hundreds away, as he didn't see me, with a RPK (!) and still managed to miss him. He didn't.

Into the sea

As usual, very good leading from Bodge. We did well, even though we got pinned down behind a 3meters large and 2 feet high wall for a while. We did make it out of there and start sweeping the town, without ever taking any casualty. Tehn we were ordered to charge (again) somewhere across some plain open ground. Were ambushed on the way there by a group of guys sitting on the road, and pretty much obliterated. We could easily have killed'em if we even tried to watch our sides while moving instead of running like maniacs. By the time i saw them i was 15 meters away from them and could only kill one before being wounded then killed.

Generals

Although the plan, which consisted in absolutely avoiding taking the high ground advantage was strange, we did make it to the rail station. Only to get pinned down by enemy fire, while half my team was wounded in the middle of nowhere. I noticed Joe's muzzleflash in his ivory tower, and volunteered to provide covering fire while my last teammate would go and rescue the otheres (yeah, you would expect one to volunteer for the dangerous part of the mission. I don't). So i basically sprayed the window Joe was hiding behind. He stopped shooting, i thought "maybe i got him". I peeked out for a second to check that, just in time to see his sights and his eye on the same line. End of the story.

After what we moved on to the ARPS joint, to try some more serious arma. With a special mention to that Armory mission that went particularly well.

With a Chance of Hail

Had a connection issue but when it was resolved couldn't get back in my spot as it was taken, so I was watching F1 :D

Cratesistance

I was in BLUFOR, loved the VDV song at the start that was awsome and inspiring, after that we moved on the caches and we stopped to have eye's on to the cache, I warned that we could be right on top of the enemies and SuperŪ allowed me to bravely check out surroundings, after 70m a spray with a RPK went into the trees right in front of me, I returned fire and got wounded, some good man revived me and now there were only me and killa in the FT so we bravely, while others stayed back, advanced to the next cache. Killa engaged some enemies and when I ran to him all was quiet, but I saw a body and I figured it was dead, but when smoke appeared from him and rounds started flying I emptied my mag into him, he was dead but he had a friend who got me from the side. So after that I proceeded to watch F1 :D

Into the sea

Did quite well, although the tank killed everything with ease we just mopped up after him. We all died in a horrible junction where an AI had been hiding behind a wooden fence.

Generals

Didn't participate in that one as the official session was over and it was late for me.

To be honest I wasn't really trying yesterday, mainly I was interested in F1 :D but I just want to add something about into the sea, maybe you can add a tank or two more and a few SPG's? Metis will turn that tank in a death trap, but at least a SPG will give the tank a fighting chance. And MAT teams and AT units in FT will have something to do with their big toys :D

Network Hub
    With a chance of hail
    MMG - Assistant
    Had to go afk for 5 minutes, came back to a mostly decimated platoon , while walking to link up with my sexy co(superU)
    i managed to find a squad pinned down by a exploded truck and manged to save unaco and that sqaud.
    then i ran away after looting the oh so friendly previous team leader of that sqaud
    Cratesistance
    CO - Medic
    Faffed arond abit tried to help ian,tho echo either seemed to have communication problems or just ignoreing orders

Oh yeah we all died i think
    Into the sea
    Engineer

Did nothing at all expect sit in a warrior and talking smack.
    Generals
    Missed this.

CrossPost from Folk forum

With a chance of hail
    IFV1, Front gunner and leader - Wolfenswan, Driver - Ghengis(sp), Rear gunner - Halop

We were driving a Vodnik, but the crappy Vodnik with an MG at front and rear.
    Funny that I experienced the same kind of disconnects as Kefirz, it cannot be a coincidence, were the Latvian internets acting up that day? :lol:
    Anyway, I was useless for the first half of the mission as I was losing connection.
    Later when the IFV1 reached the forest, Wolfenswan was shot and Ghengis took command, I quickly mounted the front gun.
    After a lot of death from the other fireteams we regrouped into one large unit and attacked the enemy base. IFV1 was killing a lot of enemies from the flanks, but then we exploded.

Cratesistance
    BLUFOR, Alpha1 fireteam, FTL - Toppometer, AT Rifleman - Halop

We were approaching some cache with other fireteams. Near the cache I saw an indie standing and looking at us. I shot him, and we advanced forward. Someone was taking potshots at us from the south, and I was wounded. Comrades revived me and we moved on. We planted a satchel on the cache, set it for 30 seconds timer, and boom. Now the potshots were getting much more intense, with bullets flying everywhere. In the result everyone in A1 fireteam was down and waiting to be revived. The revive didn't come, what did come was automatic fire from an AK.

Into the sea
    Tank1, Commander - Halop, Gunner - Wafflynumber, Driver - SuperÜ

This mission was awesome in a tank.
    We moved to the regroup point and turned towards the town. We spotted a stationary T90, another T90 driving around the roads, and a BMP3 driving around. Command told us to hold fire. We did, but then saw IFV1 engaging the tank with its pew-pew autocannon, we opened fire then too and killed all of the enemy armour with some very nice deflection shooting by Waffly :hist101:
    Then we moved on ahead and started our work on the infantry. There were some stationary metises and strelas too, but we got lucky there and spotted them first. The rest of the mission we were mowing down countless enemy squads of infantry, sometimes moving over to Bravo and Alpha squads to support them.
    By the end we were breaching the enemy strongholds. It consisted of the Tank driving there, killing all the static Diskhas and infantry, and our squads doing the mopping up.
    In the end the scoreboard of our tank consisted of 3 tank kills and over 60 infantry.

Generals
    BLUFOR, CO - Ivan, Medic - Halop

I was assigned as Ivans bodyguard. After running for 5 minutes in the wrong direction, we arrived in the town where shooting was already going on. Ivan sprinted towards the trainstation and I followed him, another player follow us too. We closed the doors, and tried to hail anyone on TS - all other teammates were dead. So the 3 of us were covering all the entrances.
    One door opened, but we stopped the breach.
    And then Arma crashed for me.

Obscure Node

[AAR] Tactical Tuesday 10/07/2012 - Why won't you die?

This session was too succesful!

Missions played:

• Shilkas of Nur
    • Belenus
    • Internecine I - Director's Cut
    • Garbage Without Men
    • (Testing Session) Scapegoats

Once more we hit 59 people. So many of you died, yet in the end so many still lived.

Shilkas of Nur was an outdated version as I couldn't find the new one. Net result: Successful mission, insufficient casualties.At least we had enough humvees!

Belenus was also succesful despite it being a night attack, without NVGs, and using Lee Enfields and OG-7 antipersonnel warheads against Warrior IFVs!

Internecine I - Director's Cut - saw some people win and some people lose. Never before have I seen a massed charge and grenade lob. Never again do I hope to see so many people blow themselves up with said grenades. (Also: LOOK UP JOE)

Garbage Without Men - or how to steal crates from an enemy base without enemies. Not sure why it happened, I kept waiting for a horde of tanks and infantry to appear but they never did. I needed to update the mission to the new ORBAT anyway so hopefully it'll be back to the usual challenging glory next time we need it.

Then there were tanks. Or not because after the Hosts left you voted in scapegoats. Take that, armour missions!

Your stories to follow. Moderate fun was had, much glory bestowed, souls consumed, etc.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Activated Node
    Shilkas of Nur
    DC Medic. I healed all of one person during the whole thing, didn't see a single enemy man.

Belenus
    DC, in charge of all of the support elements. Moving to the second rendezvous point alpha, charlie and the support elements got into contacts. Lots of contacts. Tens of infantry squads, several Warrior IFVs. Cue screaming, organised chaos. After a bit, commander dies and I get a field promotion to commander. I assemble the men (or what's left of them) in an open field. This brilliant move resulted in two Warrior IFVs and a couple of brit squads firing at us. After a little bit of getting wounded and dying, I get word that Alpha has managed to get into the Brit army base and secured a crateload of satchels. The survivors head to the barracks to get as many satchels as we can. At this point I ran into Strang (literally), wounding him.

We headed south, meeting no resistance, planted the satchels, boom goes the dynamite and mission ended a success. I truly was not expecting that result.

That last mission was incredibly stressful. Damn you Null! *shakes fist in anger*

Belenus: Let's just say I learned the hard way that if you are aiming at a tank it can still mean you make just another hit in the wall (Hey! Tanks! Leave AT alone!).

Internecine: I saw my FTL getting shot at a certain corner, seconds later JimTheDog wanted to go there too and I said "Jim, don't go-" but I was too late! Note to self: "JIM! BACK!" might be a better option. I later died without seeing an enemy the whole mission. Except for the one at the start, but he surely doesn't count.

Scapegoats: A slight improvement over v1, but I wish everyone had flashlights because it was still way, way too dark. I couldn't get to the hostages in time because I couldn't see the ladder. Actually talking with the hostages (instead of not hearing them) was cool earlier. Scored a kill, too, but was shot immediately afterwards, I guess that guy was the bait.
    The armored SUVs seem to explode after 1 hit of a regular weapon, is that intended or a bug?

Precinct 13: After nearly all of Indiefor died in a glorious death charge (involving car crashes), I shot at a guy in the hallway, missed and went around the building. I shot at the guy in the hallway again and killed him. Too bad it was Zitron, one of my teammates, and my intended target was still alive in some corner where I couldn't see him and got me. Not a single police man died that day.

Version 2 of Scapegoats has been tested last week already and wasn't supposed to be played again.
    Version 3 is already in the pipeline and features a full moon for better visibility at night and all that.

Feedback is still appreciated, though.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

I had a pretty crappy Tactical Tuesday due to some weird framerate issues that I seemed to have started since Six Updater tried to update to the most recent version of DayZ.. So I was on and off adjusting settings and being frustrated. On Scapegoats, as a gunner on a tactical we crashed and burst into flames. At which point I rage quit and uninstalled Arma2 from steam hoping that a reinstall would fix the crippling framerates. This appears to have worked! so hopefully I'll be around next week for some more.

On Scapegoats, as a gunner on a tactical we crashed and burst into flames.
    Sorry about that, I was driving. I was following the technical ahead of us and then I saw a rock infront, I turned left to avoid it but behind was the truck, I cut into its path, Egg in the truck didn't have enough time to brake and we colided, seconds later the technical burst into flames, just by lightly tapping the truck :D

Shilkas of Nur - My FTL was JimtheDog. We drove around in our humvee and shot a lot of things from it. It was great because I didn't have to walk much. Then our dear humvee stopped being mobile and we had to walk. Our FTL was shot near some houses, sending me into a rather disappointing rage during which I killed 2 AIs (a new personal best for me). I set up CC just in time to hear the command to rendezvous and shoot in the sky, but sadly didn't make it in time.

Belenus - I was one of the brave ones with an Enfield. There was a lot of shooting into the dark and hoping I'll find something better, which I did, but shortly after died of either a friendly RPG (whoever did it, don't feel guilty, it was funny) or a Warrior attack. I was rather glad that I died, as I managed to watch Ebass running through a wall in a vehicle while everything exploded behind him, which looked really awesome.

Internecine - my team went the wrong way and we were shot quickly, but thankfully, it was still fun to watch. The intro music was touching and I like the purple.

Garbage Men - I didn't see any hostiles yet still managed to almost die twice. I was in Joe_Robins' fireteam and I managed to get myself grievously injured as soon as our truck stopped, probably slipping while exiting it. I was revived, but shortly after managed to slip off a moderately large rock and hurt myself again. After another revival, we got into the base, perplexed by the lack of enemies. I think my clumsiness transferred to our FTL and he fell off some ladders. And our AR got shot by an ally. It was a weird mission.

Scapegoats - I got disconnected and ended up in a burning technical when I reconnected. I loved the way everything went to hell during the deal, but sadly could not join in on the fun.

The other hostage mission - This was fun, as I was tasked with shooting the hostages in their legs if they tried to escape. Got shot down, but we still won.

All in all, this was a rather great Tactical Tuesday for me.
    Also known as Walter.

Quote Originally Posted by Halop View Post
    Sorry about that, I was driving. I was following the technical ahead of us and then I saw a rock infront, I turned left to avoid it but behind was the truck, I cut into its path, Egg in the truck didn't have enough time to brake and we colided, seconds later the technical burst into flames, just by lightly tapping the truck :D
    No worries, I was super frustrated about the shocking frames I was getting. Hope to have it all fixed up by next week. I think it was something to do with the latest beta... can't be too sure. After a reinstall I appear to be getting a normal framerate again so I'll be a little more methodical about updating in future. I was using Six Updater but I'm tempted not too.

That was my first game in a long while, probably over a year, and I was sorry to have been away.

Belenus - Blind panic fire in the dark, corpse-looting for NVGs, got shot several times, but not lethally, and under orders from my squad leader fired an RPG at an enemy bunny rabbit, wounding a team-mate. I am unsure of the status of the rabbit. Yep, I still got the mad skills.

Internecine - Sprinting across a field with no cover, shouting "Glory!" as the target village lit up with enemy fire was without doubt one of the most fun bits of gaming I have had in a long time.
    Shame about the purple though.