Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    but I believe that for many people, HMV are still music and DVDs.
    I'm not sure, JG. HMV have been branching out for many years now, especially in the bigger stores. I think you'll be somewhat staggered by how diverse the Leeds branch is. It's even got a fairly good PC section, at least it did when I went in last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Axyl View Post
    I would love for the RPS guys to get their teeth into this one...
    I gave up on retail years ago, due to the PC section being limited to one tiny lil corner vs a shopful of consolefuntoystationbox games. A VERY familiar story, I'm sure.
    I like Steam, hell..I can even tolerate the godawful pricing due to buying most of my games during sales.

But I just want to get my games from Steam. I have the odd title here and there from Impulse, Desura etc etc, but they remain largely unplayed, because I just can't be bothered to have yet another app running.
    Again, a very familiar story, I'm sure.

Honestly, the whole bloody situation makes no sense.
    I just wanna play my game. :(
    I'm right there with you. Having to launch another APP to run another game is just a pain and waste of my time. That's ANOTHER account and password I need to set up and more crap running on my computer.

I have games I forgot about simply because..I don't launch the app's they run on.

Pain in the ass. They either need to centralize this junk or eliminate the need of an app to run a game. At the end of the day when it gets down to it...Steam really DOESN'T do anything useful, that I couldn't just do on my own with a bit more elbow grease. I never really like Steam and saw NO purpose to it the past few years, though recently I grew a kind to it because of some of the deals it offers. But other then not letting me play games when my internet is out, I kind of hate it.

I didn't see Axyl's point, but Steam is one of the few that needs to run when you're playing a game, and is used to launch the game. Impulse doesn't need to be running to play an Impulse game, only to update it, and many games tend to launch their own app (UPlay, RSC) when you launch them, rather than you launch the app and then the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    I'm not sure, JG. HMV have been branching out for many years now, especially in the bigger stores. I think you'll be somewhat staggered by how diverse the Leeds branch is. It's even got a fairly good PC section, at least it did when I went in last time.
    I'll be sure to check it out then!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Dunno how related this is to the thread, but I pre-ordered Space Marine from Amazon and it showed up today in the mail 'Great!' I think, now I can go play some Space Marine a bit early! But no, apparently it hasn't been released yet so despite me holding the box in my hands and looking at the DVD's stuffed full of all the essential game files Steam simply won't allow me to install it :(

I love Steam and have many games on it but this is the first time I have been so annoyed at it. I have the game, therefore it has been released but because of some silly legislation I cannot install and play a product that I paid for until Steam decides to let me.

Network Hub
    I know the feeling, I am in exactly the same boat...knowing Steam aswell it won't be until 6pm BST that the game will be released to be playable as Steam works on a 24 hour basis rather than exact BST time. If you want to make us use Steam then release it on Steam. It makes no sense that a game that needs Steam to run, isn't being released on Steam.

Activated Node
    It's good to know the devs are aware of the situation...

If you attach the Cdkey to Steam, it'll allow you too.

Got mine from Gamersgate and had to do that. Just hope it -does- unlock at midnight.

THQ are apparently working on a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitmore View Post
    Got mine from Gamersgate and had to do that. Just hope it -does- unlock at midnight.
    I've never had one unlock at midnight. I think Mass Effect 2 unlocked about 1am, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    I've never had one unlock at midnight. I think Mass Effect 2 unlocked about 1am, but I could be wrong.
    Could've been due to the daylight saving time? My Deus Ex unlocked at midnight the other week, or thereabouts. I was curious if it would so made a point to check.

Anyone used Elite Keys before?

http://elitekeys.com/warhammer-40000...-marine-cd-key

14.87 ! Its seems too cheap ...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Squirrel View Post
    Anyone used Elite Keys before?

http://elitekeys.com/warhammer-40000...-marine-cd-key

14.87 ! Its seems too cheap ...
    It's a Portugese company, so those keys are 'grey' at best. I wouldn't risk it myself.

Obscure Node
    Hello,

I am the owner of EliteKeys.com and I just saw some visits from this thread, so I decided to register and make myself available for any inquiries you may have.

Let me assure you that the keys we sell are from legit retail disks. Feel free to browse our website and Facebook pages and check our customers feedback.

Regards.

Zhalla, I have a question to ask about the site, if I may; How are you able to sell those codes so cheaply?

Obscure Node
    Hello Whitmore,

Warhammer 40000 Space Marine is a Region Free game, meaning we can import it from suppliers outside Europe (with very attractive prices) and still work anywhere and support multi-language.

Thank you.

Regards,
    zhalla