Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar

The Secret World?

I'm vaguely intrigued by it - is anyone going to play it, and if so which server and which side? I assume we'd be able to make some kind of Rock Paper Secrets type guild, or guildlike thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I'm playing on the RP server with a Templar, it would be cool to set up a guild if we get enough members to join.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

which one is the RP server?
    I just got names like Kobolt, Cerberus, Daemn, and so on~

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Arcadia is the RP server.

It actually doesn't matter what server everybody is on. You can group and chat with anyone cross-server. http://thesecretworld.com/news/blog_...e_secret_world

I'm playing on my Templar, Warrender, on the Huldra server.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Stop right there templar scum! I am also playing on arcadia but as illumanati, (Lyesmith if anyone wants a friend!) Nazgul is right you can play together from any server which is lovely, however cables (guilds) are faction only, not a huge deal as only pvp is faction specific

Well I already do pen and paper roleplay via mumble with Lowkey and know he's a lovely chap, so all things being equal I'd probably follow him. No offence to Ravelle and Nazgul; I'm sure there's a better-than-even chance you're lovely people too.

What are the differences between the factions?

Err its more thermatic than anything else so you should go with what gels best for you, i went illuminati mainly because they're a bit bastardy and your boss gives you fun facts when she replies to your mission reports

edit: while we couldnt have an official cabal due to factions theres no reason we couldnt have an rps clubhouse on here if we wanted to organise groups for dungeons etc
    Last edited by LowKey; 06-07-2012 at 02:24 PM.

On Cerberus server as Templar. My char's nickname is Mattock.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)

Network Hub
    Should I wait for them to fix bugs or can I jump in now?

I've already decided I want to play this game so its really just a question of if the game is working as intended.

Depends on how patient you are with bugs affecting your gameplay. This is Funcom, after all, bugs are a fact of life for now.

There are bugs but i havent had any myself, i understand its been a pretty smooth opening as these things go (although i dont have much experiance) i think you could start now and would be fine but of course the longer you wait the smoother it should be

Someone make a #RPS channel we can all jump on. I'd do it but I'm still stuck at work for a few hours yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMania View Post
    which one is the RP server?
    I just got names like Kobolt, Cerberus, Daemn, and so on~
    I'm on Arcadia yes with my character "Dresty"

Cerberus seems to be full most of the time I noticed.

That whole nickname deal is weird by the way, a first and last name would have been enough.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Well I already do pen and paper roleplay via mumble with Lowkey and know he's a lovely chap, so all things being equal I'd probably follow him. No offence to Ravelle and Nazgul; I'm sure there's a better-than-even chance you're lovely people too.

What are the differences between the factions?
    I'm on the RP server because I don't like PVP and am more interested in story than fighting people to be honest.

I'm Pres "PWeasel" Weasel on the RP server. We now have a 'Rock, Paper, Secrets' cabal in the Illuminati faction. Friend me in game, maybe we can do an instance together.

Anyone reading this thread and thinking about playing, I'd recommend giving it a go - no idea if there's any kind of end game, but I am enjoying the hell out of what I've played so far. The combat and the story stuff is nicely satisfying.

If anyone fancies trying it out, PM me for a 24 hour invite.

For those already on, I'm on Arcadia as Tomobedlam
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Having played the beta, I am a bit intrigued to see the whole thing. To those that already play the game, what are your thoughts on the subscription fees/game bundles? The relatively high price (~50EUR here) coupled with the monthly costs makes it quite an investment it seems.
    Forum janitor in training.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom OBedlam View Post
    If anyone fancies trying it out, PM me for a 24 hour invite.

For those already on, I'm on Arcadia as Tomobedlam
    If this isn't gone, I'd love to try it out (I'm pretty much dead against paying "full price" for a game, as well as fairly hefty monthly fees, but this does sound interesting).

It's possibly best that I wait 'til the weekend to try it, to get the most out of it. 24 hours seems a bit stingy on their part? Is that long enough to get hooked, considering most people have at least a few hours of the day where they have to sleep or, y'know, earn money and have a life?

Activated Node
    I'll give it a try too, if anyone else has an invite to give it. For a Funcom MMO it looks very appealing.

I would be happy to give you my one, not sure when they expire but i can check tonight, not sure if id call it stingy with the game only coming out a week ago they are unlikely to do week trials but i agree youd want to maximise your time to see if its for you.With the subscriptions, i am happy to pay if i think im a getting value so in this instance if they are releasing new and good content with some regularity, what i wont do is sit doing dungeon runs for my end game as my interest is mainly in the story, so i guess we'll see!