Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Having played the beta, I am a bit intrigued to see the whole thing. To those that already play the game, what are your thoughts on the subscription fees/game bundles? The relatively high price (~50EUR here) coupled with the monthly costs makes it quite an investment it seems.
    There's no doubt it is. Which is why I decided to go for the lifetime subscription for this game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    How much was the lifetime subscription? I've seen a good few people get burned by them before.
    Also, doesn't the pack price include your first month's subscription, so you can decide if you like it or not before you start paying your subs?

There's an RPS Cabal on the Illuminati side - if I understand the game correctly you need to be illuminated to join the cabal, but you don't need to be on the same server. And you don't need to be on the same server or even the same faction to run instances with friends.

Yeah, I'm going to wait for the price to drop on the game a bit.

Hell, give it a year it'll be free to play. Just like every other MMO i've spent bloody money on in the last 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    How much was the lifetime subscription? I've seen a good few people get burned by them before.
    Also, doesn't the pack price include your first month's subscription, so you can decide if you like it or not before you start paying your subs?
    It's $199 in addition to buying the game.

The game purchase does come with the standard free month. If anyone is interested, GMG has it at 25% off using the code 25OFF-ALLTH-EGAME this weekend.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    It's $199 in addition to buying the game.
    Wow, it's 199EUR over here. O_O

Edit: And I don't see it on GMG. I'm located in Germany.
    Last edited by Squiz; 09-07-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    Forum janitor in training.

It is actually pretty good as long as you don't try and consume like your average mmo and burn out on the combat, I have been just wandering sometimes and taking time listening to all the npc dialogue. It is such a georgeous setting and they have done a great job fleshing out the characters.

There probably is only a month or so of content but so far i am enjoying it far more than i ever did Skyrim.. what Sacrilege!..burn her

Anyway it is RadicalEri the Illuminati on Cerebrus

Hm, I'll probably give it a pass then. 60EUR + subscription is too much for me, especially considering that GW2 is coming out so soon. It's a real shame, I might have played it for a month or two out of curiosity if it had cost around half that price.
    Forum janitor in training.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    I would be happy to give you my one, not sure when they expire but i can check tonight, not sure if id call it stingy with the game only coming out a week ago they are unlikely to do week trials but i agree youd want to maximise your time to see if its for you.With the subscriptions, i am happy to pay if i think im a getting value so in this instance if they are releasing new and good content with some regularity, what i wont do is sit doing dungeon runs for my end game as my interest is mainly in the story, so i guess we'll see!
    Yes please. Looked at a couple of gameplay videos, liking what I'm seeing. Especially for a Funcom MMO. Then again, I have been burned before (damn you Age of Conan).

I'd love a free trial if any of you nice gents have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

How do these trial things work? I probably have one.

Look in your account tab under Recruitment.

I already gave mine away sorries.

All righty, pm me your email. But you'll need to make an illuminati so you can join the cabal, that's the deal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Also we get the best outfits (just got my first gasmask squuueeeeeee!)

Did you get the level 1 agent outfit? It's under "multislot" once you do the first illuminati faction mission. I shunned it because it's ugly, but tastes vary.
    I also got a yellow with a black stripe "combat tracksuit" top from somewhere, I assume from one of the Solomon Island missions or maybe from doing X number of them. I saw another guy who was rocking the top and the trousers, the whole Bruce Lee thing, but I don't know where to get them.
    There's a clothes shop in London in which I spent in-game money that I should have been saving for the sprint speed increase (did you buy that yet? the first one costs 100K, you get them from the trainer in your base). I got a pinstripe suit and some shades, but as far as I can tell you can only get a shirt and tie combo by spending actual real life money so bugger that.

The yellow with black stripe combat tracksuit you get from completing the 2 inner rows of the Blades ability. Patterned after Uma Thurman's jacket in Kill Bill which was an obvious nod to Bruce Lee. All the weapons award a back clothing slot outfit if you complete their inner rows.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    The yellow with black stripe combat tracksuit you get from completing the 2 inner rows of the Blades ability. Patterned after Uma Thurman's jacket in Kill Bill which was an obvious nod to Bruce Lee. All the weapons award a back clothing slot outfit if you complete their inner rows.
    Ah, but where do you get the all important matching trousers?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I picked up the speed increase but havent really noticed the difference, do you have to apply it or something? Also your already past me! I am just finishing my last kingsmouth quest (dead air, damn you morse code!) and then ill be off to see the siren

Nah, it auto applies, and it's faster (not massively, but noticeably).

Ragnar laying it down:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=42552

State of the Game, July 10th 2012

Hi all,

Welcome to the inaugural The Secret World State of the Game update!

(Right, so that's a mouthful. In the future, I think I'll shorten it to TSWSotG, because that's a LOT easier to remember.)

We've had an exciting first week, and we're thrilled to see that everything has gone incredibly smooth so far. There have been some bugs and issues, of course, and we're fixing those as quickly as we can, but things are really stable and our players -- you guys! -- are very, very happy with the game. And that makes us very happy, too!

Now that players are progressing further and further into the game, uncovering all those things we've managed to keep secret for years and years, we're starting to see a lot of questions about what's next. What does the future hold for The Secret World, for our players and subscribers?

Well, I'm finally allowed to reveal a FEW of the things we're working on, and I'm really excited to be talking about what's ahead for The Secret World.

We're going to be releasing fresh and tasty new content FREE to our subscribers on a regular, monthly basis. The first update is due on Tuesday, July 31st, and we will be releasing more details about that particular update later this week -- including a couple of fun surprises. (You're going to love it.)

So what will these updates contain? I'm glad you asked! I won't spoil too much, but here's an overview of some of the things we have in the pipelines:

* Mission packs on a monthly basis! The first few packs will contain new investigations for every adventure zone in the game -- but we also have more action and sabotage missions planned for the near future. These missions will feature fully voiced cut-scenes and new media pop-ups, and will match the quality of the missions currently in the game. Oh, and like everything else in our monthly updates, these packs are FREE for our subscribers!

* New weapons! We will be announcing our first auxiliary weapon soon (one clue: bigger, slower, more explosions) and new auxiliary weapons will be released on a regular basis. Combat in The Secret World will continue to evolve, and it will pay to expand your character in multiple directions!

* Raids! We're well into production on our first raid, and there will be more information about that in August! But as a teaser: The Big Apple will never be the same

* We've already announced our plans for expanding and improving character customisation: The Modern Prometheus and Ockham's Razor are opening in New York and London respectively in August, Execution later this year in Seoul. Pangaea in London will receive new stock, and we will add more accessories and clothing as rewards for both achievements and missions

* Chronicle has entered public beta, and we'll keep enhancing and growing that service according to player needs and wishes! Our intent is for Chronicle to become a living, breathing community in itself, and a place where players will go to measure and compare themselves against others, to check out the profiles of their co-players and rivals, and -- in the long run -- to become a living chronicle (zing!) of their player characters

* We have a player-versus-player dungeon in the early stages of planning -- in a brand new geographical area. More on this later this year!

* And speaking of dungeons, we're also working on a dungeon finder tool, allowing players to more easily put together a team to handle the instanced content

* Seasonal events won't go unnoticed in the secret world, and both Halloween and the Winter Solstice are important milestones for those who dabble (and dive deep into) the occult. Expect plenty of content to tie into both events -- including new missions, new characters, new monsters and some twists and turns that will keep players on their toes

* We're in production on two large, new and incredibly exciting adventure zones -- both of which will be announced in August. New geographical regions, new characters, new missions, new drops, new challenges, new monsters, new lore that will carry the story past its first act and into its thrilling and shocking second act!

* Improved cabal functionality is on the drawing board and will be seeing improvements later this year

* And we're not forgetting about our social players! We have some cool functionality tied to the Albion in London coming up very soon, allowing role-players and would-be thespians to spread their wings

* Pets will be updated and upgraded as we go along! More pets, better pets, and some cool surprises in store for pet owners!

* And last but certainly not least: Combat will receive constant polish and tweaks to make things look and feel better. Keep an eye out for more revisions to our effects and animations this autumn -- and the inclusion of auxiliary weapons will make combat even more exciting!

This isn't all. In fact, it's just the beginning, so stay tuned! The Secret World will keep growing, and there will always be a reason to go back to your favourite places, to dig deeper into the mysteries of Solomon Island, Egypt, Transylvania, New York, London and Seoul...and beyond.

So stick around, folks -- there's tons more to come, both this week and in the very near future. Thanks for reading, and have fun playing the game!

Ragnar Tornquist
    Senior Producer & Creative Director,
    The Secret World

Added thee people that have mentioned their nicks in this forum thread (Dresty, PWeasel, Warrender, RadicalEri, Lyesmith, TomOBedlam).

I'll gladly join a dungeon run as I have no desire to go random pugs. Also, maybe its just me being a bit drowsy, but is there a chat channel for all of us to talk in?

And I have a 24 hour buddy key if anyone wants.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)