Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Forgive my intrusion, but I'm wondering, a friend of mine is being quite insistent in having me join his adventures in TSW, and soon U.S. Amazon is expected to have the game at a juicy discount, but being the US Store I expect it to be a US key, and my friend is European.

Are TSW's servers separated by region? I've been googling up about it and though it does look like everyone plays on the same servers, I couldn't find a definite "yes" or "no" answer.

Thanks.

I have a question. Played the beta and the free weekend, and I absolutely love the game. It really is a lot of fun to me. However, I'm worried about spending sixty bucks on it only for it to tumble down into a f2p model like Star Wars did to me.

Essentially I'm asking is that will the servers be on long enough for me to get value for money, and do you predict it will be stable like Rift is?
    Can be found on Steam, Evolve and Eve Online.

(_)

( _)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Of the top of my head servers are not region split and you can play with anyone regardless of which server youre on, it will move you between them if you make a group together, i wouldnt of thought it would go f2p for a few years but with swtor and the news of share fall pethaps this is incorrect, hard to say sorry :-\ i havent been playing a lot recently due to other commitments but if anyone fancies a bit of grouping or hitting a dungeon give me a shout on steam

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mentor07825 View Post
    I have a question. Played the beta and the free weekend, and I absolutely love the game. It really is a lot of fun to me. However, I'm worried about spending sixty bucks on it only for it to tumble down into a f2p model like Star Wars did to me.

Essentially I'm asking is that will the servers be on long enough for me to get value for money, and do you predict it will be stable like Rift is?
    I'm not a F2P-phobiac like some people. I absolutely believe both SWTOR and TSW should have launched on a F2P model as I believe subscriptions are an archaic model for MMO's. That said, I did get the lifetime sub for TSW as I also believe this would only appreciate in value when the game does eventually go F2P.

Regarding Rift - love the game but guess why I'm not currently playing it?
    Last edited by Winged Nazgul; 15-08-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Forgive my intrusion, but I'm wondering, a friend of mine is being quite insistent in having me join his adventures in TSW, and soon U.S. Amazon is expected to have the game at a juicy discount, but being the US Store I expect it to be a US key, and my friend is European.

Are TSW's servers separated by region? I've been googling up about it and though it does look like everyone plays on the same servers, I couldn't find a definite "yes" or "no" answer.

Thanks.
    There are regional servers defined as such but mostly it's a cosmetic title to get players in the same geographical area to play together. Realistically, it doesn't matter as the only thing you can't do cross-server is the Fusang PVP.

Thanks a lot, guess I'll be waiting for Amazon's offer with my wallet ready then.

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I'll use the trial to play while I wait for Amazon's offer (if I manage to download it before the offer hits, of course).

Forgive my ignorance (Never played an MMO for long), but what's the point of joining a cabal? Are there any missions that require you to be part of one?

In any case, if anyone wants to get together my characters are:
    Templar - Arsuf
    Illuminati - YoungLight
    Dragon - Aramisaki

There's nothing that requires you to join a cabal. Cabals (guilds in other games) are nice in that they allow you to enjoy the social aspects of MMO's. There is cabal-wide chat and most cabals have voice-communications servers allowing you to chat about anything. It's also far easier to find groups for anything if you are in a cabal than not.

Ah, thanks.

Obscure Node
    Any RPSers still playing as Illuminati? My old cabal has sorta died and I'm looking for someone else...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Ah sigh, I really enjoyed it but just dont have time to commit at the moment, maybe later in the year if work lets up a bit

edit: also welcome!

My cabal has suffered an exodus as well mostly to GW2 (myself included). I do have a lifetime sub though so I'll be back to check out any new content.

However, after some restructuring and replacing of inactive officers, my cabal is still going on and looking for more players. If you are over 25 years of age, check them out:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho....php?p=1406151

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hello. i just signed up to try this out. Being a huge fan of the Longest Journey, I figured I should have a look at the game myself (before it depressingly crashes and burns).

So far, so good. but, oh man, do I wish it was created as a single player game. Having other players running about bouncing everywhere sure kills the atmosphere.

Picked this up in the recent Steam sale. Takes a bit of getting used to but I'm addicted after having sworn never to play another MMO many years ago.

Anyone out there still playing it?
    "Oh, evolution. It wasn't meant for everyone."

I picked it up during the sale too. Can't say I'm really hooked, but I like to go in every now and then and finish a quest line or two.

I got this in the Steam Sale and am really enjoying it, any RPS activity in game?

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    I got this in the Steam Sale and am really enjoying it, any RPS activity in game?
    I'm sure there have to more of us out there!

Terrific game, though maybe a little challenging at first.
    "Oh, evolution. It wasn't meant for everyone."