Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Impromptu Domi

  1. #1
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    443

    Impromptu Domi

    Pop on the server at 19:30 for Domi. It will be run by myself and will be structured in a way to encourage teamwork and such.

    Lone wolfing and general pissing about will not be tolerated. Incompetence is fine however, join us and learn stuff too.

  2. #2
    Activated Node Joe_Robins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
    Pop on the server at 19:30 for Domi. It will be run by myself and will be structured in a way to encourage teamwork and such.

    Lone wolfing and general pissing about will not be tolerated. Incompetence is fine however, join us and learn stuff too.
    Excellent :) ... also I am glad Incompetence is fine, based on my first experience of leading a fireteam the other night *facepalm*

  3. #3
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    443
    It is worth noting slots will be limited, we have 32 on offer.

  4. #4
    I'll be there
    I'm Respecting your culture!

  5. #5
    Lesser Hivemind Node DWZippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    508
    Please save me a slot. I might be eating at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

  6. #6
    Same as DW here. Make sure you save me at least 3 A-10s and throw in a Wildcat too.
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

  7. #7
    Session ended with remnants at 2:30 in the morning after a 3 and a bit hour long game of escape. Egg said it was a "Good wind down mission". Never before in human history has something been so wrong. But the good thing is we finished it, finally.

  8. #8
    Obscure Node Skabooga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    Even rage-quiting after death offered no relief. I was convinced to come back in because most of the people were at base and "the mission couldn't possibly take much longer". That was a mistake.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflynumber View Post
    Session ended with remnants at 2:30 in the morning after a 3 and a bit hour long game of escape. Egg said it was a "Good wind down mission". Never before in human history has something been so wrong. But the good thing is we finished it, finally.
    Wait, you guys finished escape? Wow.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangLove View Post
    Wait, you guys finished escape? Wow.
    Yes, after many helicopter crashes it was decided a jackel convoy would drive around chernerus, picking up survivors. 3 jackals and a merlin set out, 1 jackal, a uaz and a red off-road returned.

  11. #11
    Obscure Node Yetaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    During the hostage mission i had no idea what to do, so i just died real quick, seems im good at that.

    The Takistan thing went a bit better, managed to kill half a dozen enemies. Then i morfed into a butterfly, that was nice.

    The escape thing was less confusing: Get to the NE Airport, get a chopper, fly around, get shot, come back and land and......confused again, but had to leave anyway so good to know they finished the mission.

    Kinda miss dayz and its simplicity: Get shot in the face on some forest while some dude takes all your stuff.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetaman View Post
    During the hostage mission i had no idea what to do, so i just died real quick, seems im good at that.

    The Takistan thing went a bit better, managed to kill half a dozen enemies. Then i morfed into a butterfly, that was nice.

    The escape thing was less confusing: Get to the NE Airport, get a chopper, fly around, get shot, come back and land and......confused again, but had to leave anyway so good to know they finished the mission.

    Kinda miss dayz and its simplicity: Get shot in the face on some forest while some dude takes all your stuff.
    The crux of that type of hostage mission is that the different sides need to physically meet in game and use direct communication to work out some kind of exchange, or go for a double-cross. Since direct communication wasnt working for the people doing the meeting (myself and Waffly) the mission just devolved into a gunfight.
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-Sulphur View Post
    The crux of that type of hostage mission is that the different sides need to physically meet in game and use direct communication to work out some kind of exchange, or go for a double-cross. Since direct communication wasnt working for the people doing the meeting (myself and Waffly) the mission just devolved into a gunfight.
    It was more that I saw the blufor chopper coming into the compund from the direction you came from. So it was either shoot you guys of be shot by blufor :D My original plan had the fuel truck driving off to safety. But, unfortunately, it exploded :(

  14. #14
    Activated Node Hawk_Silk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Durham, United Kingdom
    Posts
    31
    I personally had a lot of fun lastnight. However like I said to some of you don't ever force me to command a fireteam, while I can takeover required duties if my FTL is killed and I'm next in line I just can't do it effectively from the start.

    All in all it was great fun and will definitely do more impromptu stuff, thought all the missions played where good fun even though the hostage mission had some problems.

    But I am never, NEVER playing Escape again, that was even more draining than the 10 hour Domination sessions I used to do.

    Worth a special mention however has to be all of us that stayed right the way through, have a pat on the back from me gentlemen!

    Regards Hawk.

  15. #15
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflynumber View Post
    It was more that I saw the blufor chopper coming into the compund from the direction you came from. So it was either shoot you guys of be shot by blufor :D My original plan had the fuel truck driving off to safety. But, unfortunately, it exploded :(
    What's really funny about this, is i was alone in that chopper, no guns, as i had dropped my team 600m away from the meeting point.

  16. #16
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    443
    If you want to chat about new domi versions give me a shout.

  17. #17
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Unaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,912
    Disclaimer: Rant incoming...

    Domi was... well, Domi, really. Stranglove did a great job keeping our squad (Charlie?) in line... we were mounted up and out of the base in 10 minutes, taking only 1 HUMVEE and the MHQ Stryker - despite the cries for "moar toys!"... Backseat commanding was politely dismissed (hint#1: If you want to command a squad, come up with the plan or whatnot, then take the squad leader slot, we have difficulty filling them at times - they usually stay empty until the usual names decide that taking them is the only way to get them filled. hint#2: If you're not the squad leader, you're not leading the squad, coming up with the plan etc.)... Our plan was given, and a dismount location chosen. Round of applause for Stranglove... He should probably be in charge of a Kindergarten, or a herd of cats.

    We then attacked the first town from the South, with everything going (largely) to plan... we took up a position on a nice ridge overlooking, ID'd targets, ID'd threats, and then engaged when it all went active. We got the enemy artillery guns, which had started shelling us on the ridge, with our own artillery strike... and I tried my best to provide MG covering fire while some of us advanced on those 2 bunkers and the Radar tower. Unfortunately, that M240 with Scope just wasn't doing the job for me... I think I expended 100 rounds for each target I took down, at only 500 meters. I should have switched it for an M249 at base (I thought about doing that), then I would have had twice as many bullets... and there were spare 200rnd belts in the MHQ Stryker, so could have restocked. As it was, I ran out of bullets halfway through the assault, so had to run back to the MHQ to pick up a spare rifle. On top of that, we did have something of a lack of cover on approach to the town, and we lost some cohesion during the attack... leading to quite a stuttering offensive, plenty of death etc.

    Eventually we made it to the two bunkers, cleared out most (if not all) resistance, at least in the Southern part of the town, and were just taking a knee, getting healed up, securing our position etc. before taking down the Radar tower and clearing the last of the town. Then something blew up. That something was our entire squad (except the medic, who just lost their legs). Why our entire squad blew up was difficult to tell... it wasn't due to enemy action. It wasn't one of the other squads doing some blue-on-blue. No one was saying much, except for Strang who was trying to figure out what just went down. Turns out, some gold-plated sh*tgibbon from our squad had shot the Radar tower right next to us all with a Metis... exploding everything in a 100 meter radius and killing us all. Except the medic. Who had no medkits left, so couldn't revive. It was either respawn at base and wait until CO gave us permission to reinforce (probably for the next town/attack), or quit and complain on Steam chat that 'Tactical Domi' is little different from public Domi, except you know the guy who TKd you.

    Rant over.

    I eventually came back for Strang's hostage mission, which I thought was a really good concept, but a little flawed in the execution. Viewdistance/Fog made it pretty hit&miss for BluFor... I mentioned we'd have Civilian markers on map for the hostages (but no one listened)... We couldn't see headlights etc. In the end, we almost predicted where the exchange would go down, and so we were only a 1/2 click South of the Lumber Mill when the shooting started. We stormed in, and started taking down any resistance... I shot two guys on the school roof, then went to clear the building with AlexTru. I found a wounded OpFor soldier and, assuming we were alone, started to interrogate him on VON. Unfortunately, there was another wounded OpFor soldier nearby, who sprayed me with lead!! I'd love to see this mission worked on a little more, clear up some of the ways to win, or just work out what Gentleman's agreements would be needed for it not to be cocked up. Definitely a good concept though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •