Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar

GFWL - Why oh why oh god oh man (DLC download location change woes)

So I have Batlad: Arkham City. I bought Harley Quinn's Revenge in the sale today. I went to download it in-game but the progress-o-meter wouldn't flinch, so I used the GFWL Marketplace client instead.

I cancelled the download (because it wasn't starting) and restarted it, but was told I don't have enough disk space. Sure enough, I have about 1GB on my C:, which is a 128GB SSD, and the DLC is something like 1.5GB. I would like to download it to my D: which is much roomier, but is that as simple as changing the GFWL downloads directory in the Settings tab, or do I have to change the game add-ons directory too? And if I change it, will Arkham City and/or GFWL know that I have the DLC downloaded? Will it matter that I have other Arkham City DLC elsewhere?

Or, alternatively, should I just make room on my C:, perhaps by moving my Origin games to D: (thus starting off on another crazily convoluted process)? Thanks guys, I'm glad you could make it. I just want you both to know, good luck, I'm all counting on you.

No but seriously, I'd really appreciate your help with this.

Network Hub
    Move a gig of stuff off your SSD and save yourself the headache. Trying to change the directory of games used by both Steam and GFWL would require some Moses-like sea-parting powers.

Network Hub
    For Steam it's easy as you can just use symbolic links to move things where you want (there's a few tools out there that'll do it for you if you prefer). GFWL I don't know about, there's plenty of cases of people being unable to migrate saved games, apparently because it encrypts them, so i'd suggest not messing with it and just freeing-up some space on the SSD.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Thanks guys, I thought that might be the answer, I guess I'll have to read up on how to move Origin game 'libraries' (four games isn't a library!).