Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC Build

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    Wow, some guys on the internet said it, so it must be true! AMD is for teh suxx! No, wait, ATI is for teh suxx!
    when the author of enbseries says:
    ATI users having problems with performance, so i writing what know (but i'm NVidia user).
    and, you know, John Carmack complains about ATI's drivers... Yeah, it pretty much sucks.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Yeah and Linus Torvalds gives Nvidia the finger, so they're obviously great.

Yeah and Linus Torvalds gives Nvidia the finger, so they're obviously great.
    well he should, Linux plays 2nd fiddle to windows in terms of revenue for nvidia. No wonder they aren't making an effort there - although I've heard they have released new drivers to coincide with the Linux version of Steam.

EDIT: Wait a minute. Why would Linus Torvald be relevant in a conversation about graphics hardware? John Carmack sure, but Linus Torvalds...?
    Steam profile

1. Linux does actually use graphics hardware.
    2. This wasn't just about graphics hardware, you were bashing AMD CPUs as well. Unless that SSE4/SSE3 thing was about AMDs GPUs...

1. Linux does actually use graphics hardware.
    2. This wasn't just about graphics hardware, you were bashing AMD CPUs as well. Unless that SSE4/SSE3 thing was about AMDs GPUs...
    1. Linus Torvalds isn't exactly an authority in computer graphics programming
    2. Fanboy much? Those are hard facts about AMD's incomplete x86 extension support from one of the PCSX2 devs.
    Steam profile

Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    1. Linus Torvalds isn't exactly an authority in computer graphics programming
    2. Fanboy much? Those are hard facts about AMD's incomplete x86 extension support from one of the PCSX2 devs.
    Oh yes, the oracles of PCSX2.