Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 93
  1. #41
    Lesser Hivemind Node Spacewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Amon
    Posts
    820
    "Professional" Trolleyboy 2012. You get bonus points for stopping directly behind people who are about to pull out as you take your sweet time loading up those trolleys. Character customisation would involve choosing a beanie colour. Excitement.

  2. #42
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Three miles from the nearest bus stop
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Landriault View Post
    Well I do know that there is no nuclear plant simulator yet.
    There certainly are, but they're training simulators, not commercial products. My uncle worked on one for China.

    Quote Originally Posted by random_guy View Post
    They're made for a certain demographic. I believe in the UK they're called anoraks? Trainspotter types, basically.
    I kind of like them (the games). Not that I like them, but I admire the way they're engineered to give their specific audience exactly what they want, unlike AAA games, which keep trying to please so many disparate audiences and inevitably making compromises to that end.
    Last edited by thegooseking; 17-07-2012 at 12:19 PM.

  3. #43
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Velko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,031
    Bureaucrat Simulator! Fill in forms, receive forms, send memos, read memos, arrange meetings, attend meetings, eat donuts, drink coffee... Endless fun!

  4. #44
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Landriault View Post
    Well I do know that there is no nuclear plant simulator yet.
    http://esa21.kennesaw.edu/activities...nergy/nuke.htm

  5. #45
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Bureaucrat Simulator! Fill in forms, receive forms, send memos, read memos, arrange meetings, attend meetings, eat donuts, drink coffee... Endless fun!
    Actually, such a game could probably be awesome, with healthy doses of added corruption and scheming.

  6. #46
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,124
    One great use of game is to learn, all kinds of games, not just video games. Simulators are just something so natural I believe.

  7. #47
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GMT-7
    Posts
    3,614
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Actually, such a game could probably be awesome, with healthy doses of added corruption and scheming.
    Well, real-world accuracy would obviously be the top priority.

  8. #48
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Bureaucrat Simulator! Fill in forms, receive forms, send memos, read memos, arrange meetings, attend meetings, eat donuts, drink coffee... Endless fun!
    The way people play a lot of MMOs (EVE comes to mind), that already exists. The only thing really missing is the virtual donuts and coffee.

  9. #49
    Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ZŁrich
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Bureaucrat Simulator!
    Douglas Adams is way ahead of you.

  10. #50
    Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I'd play the shit out of the sim for these beasts:
    Made me think of:

    steam


  11. #51
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    There aren't any north korean death camp simulators.
    Paddyville by Zynga?

  12. #52
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    55
    [Necro alert! This thread had quietly nodded off for a second, but can now be considered medicinally revived]

    Weed Farmer

    - travel the world looking for strains

    - cross plants to create new strains, focusing on...
    + specific effects (euphoria, anxiety relief, pain relief...) while avoiding side effects (dry mouth, anxiety...)
    + specific aroma's (lemon, pine...)
    + specific properties (blossoming time, resistance, yield...)

    - grow your plants
    + go guerilla / use your backyard / use a closet / rent a warehouse
    + pick soil / go hydro; pick nutrition
    + monitor plant health

    - use trimmings to:
    + make hash (pick the pressure and temperature, perhaps cure in BHO...)
    + make BHO (at the risk of blowing up your farm in the process)

    - sell your product:
    + sell joints at Bob Marley gigs
    + try and find a mobster to sell wholesale to
    + sell your stuff on the dark net

    - hide/defend your farm from the police, hipster wildlife, Omar from "The Wire", and reefer zombie madness.

    ---
    It goes without saying that the genetics would have to be modeled with 1:1 precision, allowing the player to:
    - admire his strains' actual look
    - read what a strain's weed (and hash) actually tastes like
    - 3D-print his/her favourite creations' seed.

  13. #53
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,752
    Butts

    10char
    Do we put that on a game that says that there are people falling out of windows and when they hit the ground we kill them and we say that is a Fallout and they are falling out of cars

  14. #54
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Landriault View Post
    Well I do know that there is no nuclear plant simulator yet.
    Actually I remember one that the guy down the road had pirated, back from when I was a wee nipper, think it was this thing:

    http://thenewgamer.com/content/archi..._atari_400_800

    ...I always misread 'Workers' as 'Honkers'.

  15. #55
    Lesser Hivemind Node Chaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Space Fleet HQ
    Posts
    803
    I'd like a really good tower crane simulation game. All the fun of feeling dizzy with the heights with out the fear of dying.

  16. #56
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4
    Well there isnt a grass simulat, wait what there is, then
    ummmm rock simulator?

  17. #57
    Lesser Hivemind Node Xzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by cptgone View Post
    [Necro alert! This thread had quietly nodded off for a second, but can now be considered medicinally revived]

    Weed Farmer

    - travel the world looking for strains

    - cross plants to create new strains, focusing on...
    + specific effects (euphoria, anxiety relief, pain relief...) while avoiding side effects (dry mouth, anxiety...)
    + specific aroma's (lemon, pine...)
    + specific properties (blossoming time, resistance, yield...)

    - grow your plants
    + go guerilla / use your backyard / use a closet / rent a warehouse
    + pick soil / go hydro; pick nutrition
    + monitor plant health

    - use trimmings to:
    + make hash (pick the pressure and temperature, perhaps cure in BHO...)
    + make BHO (at the risk of blowing up your farm in the process)

    - sell your product:
    + sell joints at Bob Marley gigs
    + try and find a mobster to sell wholesale to
    + sell your stuff on the dark net

    - hide/defend your farm from the police, hipster wildlife, Omar from "The Wire", and reefer zombie madness.

    ---
    It goes without saying that the genetics would have to be modeled with 1:1 precision, allowing the player to:
    - admire his strains' actual look
    - read what a strain's weed (and hash) actually tastes like
    - 3D-print his/her favourite creations' seed.
    I'd play the hell out of that. Matter of fact, I'd actually do it if there wasn't already a ludicrous amount of competition here in Colorado. Somebody should get on developing that, though. I think it would be hugely popular in the US with public opinion largely starting to sway in favor of legalization, and so many states carrying legalized recreational/medical marijuana already.

    I don't think I'm the only one who enjoys reading about the different strains, their effects, their tastes, and their lineage, either. Leafly.com made a great periodic table-type layout that would work well in the game.
    Last edited by Xzi; 12-08-2015 at 09:25 PM.
    ~∆

  18. #58
    Lesser Hivemind Node Xzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieboom1 View Post
    Well there isnt a grass simulat, wait what there is, then
    ummmm rock simulator?
    What about Rock Band/Guitar Hero? Hue.
    ~∆

  19. #59
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieboom1 View Post
    Well there isnt a grass simulat, wait what there is, then
    ummmm rock simulator?
    There are real, not casual or joke, plate tectonics simulators. That should cover rock sims at least somewhat.

    As for casual or joke, there is Mountain.

  20. #60
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NEuro Troika Franchulate #3
    Posts
    5,235
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Butts

    10char
    Bayonetta.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    Bin the .exes to get it high.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •