Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ata View Post
    It's not your fault those guys turned up, I'm sure most of us got them muted quickly enough anyway.
    I just felt embarrassed because no-one could do anything about it except mute them. It felt dirty just having the fuckers loiter on the server, even if no-one could hear them. Tink's the only one with admin access and he couldn't be there last night.

I'll have a chat with him about banning and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The password on the old RPS server was one reason it died...
    Did they even put a password on the old RPS server?

I think the last RPS server died because whoever was in charge of the group stopped posting event notices, which is exactly what will NOT happen with this group.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Did I even kill you once yesterday or were they all Dead Ringers?
    No you did kill me a few times for real; I went in for a few risky stabs and got filled full of holes before I could activate the DR. You guys defended pretty well on Badwater.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Well I finally managed to make it to a Monday night session so I was determined to have fun regardless of the unwanted guests. It was a blast, I only wish I could have stayed around for longer.

Good games, I'm still not a massive fan of All-talk, but it doesn't ruin anything.

Don't feel bad about the idiots, Air, it is the internet after all. Things were fine after I found out how to mute people ;]

People should have access though. With sourcemod, you can add an admin or group of admins in a few seconds, and if Tink is worried about access, there's a ton of tools and variables you can set up so that people have varying abilities and permissions.

I'd strongly suggest sorting out permissions before considering passwording the server, it's nice to have a good few hours with a totally full server and I don't think we would achieve that from RPS alone, right now.

Little hint when dealing with dead ringers, apologize if you already know. If you press tab you get all your stats, yeah? Kills/assists/deaths etc. Well a Dead Ringer kill is exactly the same except it doesn't add one to those stats. Alternatively, run towards the nearest ammo pack and listen for the phenomenally loud noise of it deactivating.

Thanks Jiiiiim. Good idea about nicking the ammo. I think as Heavy I'm making way too much noise and tend not to catch it. I should keep my ears open and back to the wall when possible though. It just kills me because i know the fecker is still around, salivating, waiting...

Ugh, sorry to hear about the spammer. Once things get popular there is always someone who wants to ruin the fun. Air I'll have a chat with you later about a solution.

I couldn't remember how to mute players on Monday (Escape > Mute Players...) so I left as they were doing my napper in. Now I know for tonight just in case but it sounds like you have the blocking figured out anyway.

Activated Node
    Ticket-owning MvMers - fancy grouping up sometime? It's frustrating when randomers decide it's a good idea to have half the team the same class.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by izal View Post
    Ticket-owning MvMers - fancy grouping up sometime? It's frustrating when randomers decide it's a good idea to have half the team the same class.
    Why ticket-owning? Since we now have a passworded MvM server, why not use it. I would definitely sign up to any organized MvM evening.

Activated Node
    I'm up for that too.

I thought that if you used a ticket you had to play on one of the official servers?

In any case I was going to post an announcement on the Steam page to suggest that if anyone from the group wanted to play MvM, they could hang around in the chat room in order to form a team. It's not really something I can post events for, since it only requires six players.

Would that be agreeable?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by izal View Post
    I'm for it, have two tickets left since they don't expire if you don't finish the game.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

A pleasant set of games last night (moreso than Monday at any rate), thanks again for coming guys, a full server is lovely to see.

What do people think of my suggestion for MvM? Or do people have suggestions of their own?

Was a fun hour - is it the plan to play badwater for that long though? It's a great map but after one attack-and-defence I've seen enough of it >_>

There can never be enough Badwater.

Good games last night, well played by the spies on Badwater (it was enough to make me rage-switch to pyro) we were getting absolutely steamrolled with them disrupting us so much! Even though we had been so thoroughly owned for the duration of that map, the save on the final cap just as the cart was about to drop was so bloody satisfying.

As far as MvM goes, join the group chat if you're looking for a game, there's a couple of us that have been on most nights the past week or so and got the odd game going.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ata View Post
    As far as MvM goes, join the group chat if you're looking for a game, there's a couple of us that have been on most nights the past week or so and got the odd game going.
    This. Also get into the main RPS group chat room. There's a lot more people there, RPFortress 2 chat seems empty most of the time(unless there's an event going on). Of course this isn't a perfect solution since most of the time there's only like 2 or 3 people willing to play, which is a little hard against the robot hordes unless everybody happens to already know how to play this mode. But yeah, we have been able to get some good games this way.

My friend was on an MvM server and there was a spare slot so I clicked to join, after the game loaded it told me I wasn't allowed to join the server directly and I would need to use the matchmaking game search thing to join a game. I wanted to join my friends game though, not a random server. Is this just a restriction on this particular server or does this apply to every MvM server? I've definitely joined games this way before.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emlow View Post
    My friend was on an MvM server and there was a spare slot so I clicked to join, after the game loaded it told me I wasn't allowed to join the server directly and I would need to use the matchmaking game search thing to join a game. I wanted to join my friends game though, not a random server. Is this just a restriction on this particular server or does this apply to every MvM server? I've definitely joined games this way before.
    They may have been using tickets?

Ticketed games need to be accessed through the mathmaking system. Something like the RPS MvM server can be joined just through the usual "join game" in the friends / chat list
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

My friend wasn't using a ticket and he invited me to play since they were a player down. Maybe it was a mistake on the server or something. I hope it's not being applied to other servers.