Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Sounds good!

I think Friday is a good day since most folks don't have plans on a Friday afternoon/evening and between 9 pm and 12 a good time slot? ( UTC+01:00 )
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    I won't be here on Friday, or any of this weekend - but go ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Sounds good!

I think Friday is a good day since most folks don't have plans on a Friday afternoon/evening and between 9 pm and 12 a good time slot? ( UTC+01:00 )
    Might as well start somewhere. Set it for tomorrow at 9 or 10 (UTC+1) and see how it goes.

Not sure if I can make it tomorrow either (50/50), but if I can, I'll be there.

There was an announcement and then nothing happened.

I should be ok for that time tomorrow (or today, having just looked at the clock)!

I should be around tonight too.

I've joined the group as well, I hope nobody minds. I haven't played competitive FPS with humans for about 15 years, but have been fancying some shooting of men for a little while. TF2 looks fun, but I haven't fancied taking the plunge with Random Joe Internet. I hope you all don't mind a complete novice.

Hopefully I should be about tonight if something happens, in the meantime I'm off to read some guides.

Signed up to the group. Username FlatlineD. Really want to start playing again.
    O48

So laid back I'm aslee..zzzzzz

Obscure Node
    Joined. I haven't played for over a year. My hats are full of dust and spiders.
    Steam ID: wayward_ronin Origin ID: BushidoJoe Windows Live ID: Wayward Ronin 7
    PSN: Wayward_Ronin

Quote Originally Posted by amusingthebrood View Post
    I've joined the group as well, I hope nobody minds. I haven't played competitive FPS with humans for about 15 years, but have been fancying some shooting of men for a little while. TF2 looks fun, but I haven't fancied taking the plunge with Random Joe Internet. I hope you all don't mind a complete novice.

Hopefully I should be about tonight if something happens, in the meantime I'm off to read some guides.
    Think we have a few newbies that have joined the group; the more the merrier! You're in for a treat if you've never played TF2 before.

I linked it upthread but the TF2 wiki is the one-stop-shop for any info you need. If you have any questions, just ask here. Hopefully see you later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I linked it upthread but the TF2 wiki is the one-stop-shop for any info you need. If you have any questions, just ask here. Hopefully see you later tonight.
    I am not in any way sat at my desk at work reading it and eating chocolate instead of doing my job. Not at all.

I'll join, I can join the group when I get home.
    I'm at the point where I keep thinking "wow, maybe I don't suck!" and then someone proves me wrong and I uninstall and weep for about 4 hours.
    But, then again, since I play demo, it's probably just because a scout remembers I exist. There's just occasionally this moment where the planets align, and I'm blessed by the gods with the ability to kill EVERYONE.

Glad to see folks joining but please tell me which username you have, so I can add you to the roster above! And I won't mistake you for a total stranger. ;p

@Oak, weird, let me reschedule maybe something went wrong.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 20-07-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Glad to see folks joining but please tell me which username you have, so I can add you to the roster above! And I won't mistake you for a total stranger. ;p
    My steam name will be Mr.Mime when I actually join the group, I just figured it was pointless to post it before then.

I'm amusingthebrood on Steam as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Hey folks. I'd love to join in.

Gwathdring on steam as well.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Ok so we had our first session, peaked at eight people I think. Unfortunately we ended up on a server that only had Dustbowl in the rotation. D'oh! That was my fault, so sorry about that.

Tink kindly offered a server that he uses, so we changed to that after a while. Unfortunately some people didn't see the change in the Steam chat! Hopefully we can iron these things out for the next one.

Communication seems to be a problem. Unless we're on a server with alltalk, then we can only use the team voice chat to speak to our own team. We could solve this by making sure everyone enables the Steam voicechat feature in the group chat, or alternatively we can use Mumble or something.

Also, you asked in chat neil but I couldn't hear your mic at all; not sure if that's a problem your end or not.

Still need feedback on days/times which people would like?

We seem to have a few North Americans so maybe it's fair if we have an event that's fairly late so they get a chance to join in. Or have one for European evenings and one for people in the US?

Servers? Anyone have any servers that they would suggest?

Maps? What maps do people like playing on?

Do people want this to be a weekly thing, bi weekly?

Any other suggestions? Speak!

That was excellent fun, thanks guys. I was having microphone problems as well, I'll get that sorted for next time. I'll also try something other than Heavy.

I can't offer any opinion on maps and things not having played before, but once a week or fortnight seems good to me. With regards time, that was perfect for me, but I could do a little earlier or later (I'm UK based).

Yeah, never did any games with that few people before but it was fun!

We could use Mumble, or Skype for voicecom next time perhaps,

Maps don't bother me as much I don't have to play them over and over again.

I could go either for Bi-weekly or weekly, but I guess that depends on what the majority wants and is able to join.

I thoroughly enjoyed that guys, thanks. I'll need to sort out my mic for next time. I was one of the people who didn't notice the change until too late. Was wondering why I seemed to not be dying as much, haha.

I have my headset identified by Steam, and set push to talk to v to tie in with TF2 but no joy. Will need to play around with it I guess.