Thread: EVE online

EVE online

So, I recently purchased EVE online, one day before the riots and everything began, to be exact.
    I haven't ever played this game and I have absolutely no idea what it's about but I always wanted to try it. My question is if this is a good time to start playing or if I should wait until everything calms down.
    Testing 1 2 3

I think the guys in RPS Holdings could give you a few pointers.

Thanks, I totally missed that! :)
    Testing 1 2 3

Network Hub
    Indeed, tis as fine a time to try it as any. The "riots" are not really affecting gameplay at moment and to be fair to CCP, the new player experience is the one (the only really) bit they've made significant strides in.

It's still not a polished game by any means, and it is (as you doubtless know) completely different to everything else really but the RPS Holdings folks will see you good. And if they're not your cup of tea, there's an ingame corp called Eve University which is well regarded.

All the stuff people are frothing over is something that may or may not happen down the road. The actual game hasn't changed yet; expensive monocle wearing pilots still explode when you shoot them. Hop in, take a peek and if things go south down the road you can make that decision when it comes.

Thanks for the answers guys! Anyways I just finished downloading some 2GB+ of updates, started it up and...oh my god, it has factions!
    Anyways, after spending some time on eve wiki, I still have absolutely no idea what faction should I play....does it have a large impact on gameplay (like World of Warcraft) or is it only different in starting locations and a few pros/cons (like Lineage 2)?
    So far, I've decided that I don't really like the Amarr and that I probably like Minmatar and Gallente, I'm neutral on Caldari.
    Yes...so...help?
    Testing 1 2 3

Network Hub
    Roll a d4.
    It just affects the look of your face and your starting location.

Obscure Node
    And your starting ship skills and while you can crosstrain to any race at any time, I'd recommend looking up the different races' strengths and weaknesses before you pick one so that you don't get disappointed further down the line. www.eve-wiki.net is a site I like for researching ships and Eve University (a player run corp) is supposed to have some good information on their wiki about the pros and cons of each race.
    Archer Vegari in Eve Online.
    Archer Vegas in Bad Company 2.
    Nihilille in other random games.

Network Hub
    Oh, and you might want to ignore gallente. CCP is utterly inept/unwilling to do game balance, and gallente is utterly useless for anything but supercapitals, for which you can just crosstrain anyway.

Obscure Node
    minmatar or amaar ships for pvp win

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    I greatly greatly regret not going into 0.0 space as early as possible. I played it safe, and grew quickly bored. My advice is go to RPS holdings, get some advice from there, and live in 0.0 like a true space cowboy.