Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    We were trying to jump a car over a ramp truck which was jumping a ramp truck.
    It mostly amounted to this.

As for other games, I've got:

• Burnout Paradise
    • Dirt 1, 2 and 3
    • GRID (multiplayer's been taken down, I think?)
    • Midnight Club 2
    • Need for Speed SHIFT 1 and 2
    • Need for Speed Undercover
    • Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
    • Race 07 and STCC
    • Test Drive Unlimited 2
    • Trackmania United Forever (We could do Nations too, since it's free)
    • Trackmania 2
    • SkyDrift
    • Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing (let's not)
    • FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
    • All the GTA's
    • F1 2010

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Well friends, what next?

I wouldn't mind going for another session of Driver: SF but would also be interested in trying out DiRT 2.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/gta-iv-san-andreas

This might also be interesting if it turns out to be stable. BMX races!

Or we could just try the San Andreas Multiplayer mod. As a bonus we'd have a stable framerate and probably less hassle than we have with the GFWL p2p crap.

That's GTA 4 San Andreas, though, so you'd likely have the same P2P issues since that's GFWL too. I still really like Dirt, but I'm not sure if it's doable to get a large multiplayer game going without everyone dropping out every few minutes again.

Well we managed to kind of figure out how to get Driver SF going, so I wouldn't mind another session of that. However, I would quite like to try some San Andreas multiplayer racing. The problem with San Andreas is that the sa-mp patch to downgrade works fine on my boxed copy but I believe I read that it doesn't work on the Steam version, unfortunately. Someone with it installed on Steam may want to investigate to confirm, though.

In the meantime I'll investigate a little into: http://adrenalinex.co.uk/ as it seems to be the major GTA SA MP racing thing.

Also, here's 3 or 4 minutes of highlights from the preliminary games in the session that I don't think Wolfenswan got captured; there's a great moment at 1.30 where Wolf's driving backwards after a tag, I'm bearing down on him in a truck and someone goies flying off the back of the truck:

Wow, my voice sounds distorted when using voice activation instead of PTT. Great editing there.

Regarding setting up GTA SA MP for racing:

1) download GTA SA MP from http://www.sa-mp.com/download.php

2) from the same page as above use the downgrade patch to go to version 1.0 (you'll have to find your own way if you have it on Steam - no idea there)

3) run the GTA SA MP and in the Favorites tab at the bottom, click on menu item Servers > Add Server and add the following: 78.129.221.58:7777

4) just head to the server and start racing

I'm on the final hurdle of setting up my own racing server myself but my router might have other ideas.

So the downsides to GTA SA MP:

We won't have our own private server; this is a 40 man server, often with around 25 people on and we won't always be racing on the same instance of the map (sometimes there'll be all 40 players, sometimes the same map is run for instances of 5 or 6 players each, but all 40 on the different instances are playing against each other on the clock).

Also, I'm unsure how the Steam version can be downgraded to 1.0 smoothly. I have a boxed copy and thus it was very easy for me to downgrade.

Bear all that in mind when making a decision for the game for the next play session.

If there'll be more San Franning later on I'll have to hold off on playing until this whole Uplay plugin security hole situation is resolved.

If I read it correctly, the browser plugin is where the exploit is possible, so playing the game won't expose you any more or less. Just disable the browser plugins (about:plugins in firefox).

Lesser Hivemind Node

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    If anyone has NFS: Hot Persuit, simply adding each other's auto log games could make for some interesting stuff, especially when competing against each other's speed wall records.

Mine is J-Grizzly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I also have NFS: HP, I'll add you (if that is indeed the procedure) next time I'm on.

Also hello chaps, can't believe I haven't seen this group before. I just joined on Steam. I've got... Let's just say 'some' driving games so I'll probably be up for whatever you choose as long as it's not iRacing, NetKar Pro or Ridge Racer Unbounded. Oh but Dirt 2 and Driver: SF aren't on Steam, though I don't think that'll make any difference, will it?

It's been a couple of weeks since the initial Driver SF madness. How about some more straightforward racing:

DiRT2
    Monday evening
    6.30pm UK time

It's on GfWL (on which I am Ayam Ganbatte, please add me for the session).

Assemble on Mumble (shout outs to Herosquad for the community mumble server).

Hopefully we can sort out any silly network issues promptly. Let's get this show on the (dirt) road.

Sounds good to me. Btw. every member of the group can create events.

We might also consider shelling out for this:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/108700/
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 05-08-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    We might also consider shelling out for this:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/108700/
    I'm already considering it, I had it on my phone and it's pretty good fun. Frustrating at times, but fun overall.

Today's deal of the day on Steam is the Flatout series: Flatout Ultimate Carnage is 4.24

I second Flatout: Ultimate Carnage! GET IT!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I just wanted to say something and this seemed to be the place.

GRID 2
    EFF YEAH!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Managed to pick up Flatout Carnage last night - wolfenswan had recommended it before and seeing it on sale was good timing for RPSkeeed.

DiRT2 night was okay, 4 people assembled, half of us seemed to prefer arcadey thrills, half preferred the (more) lifelike driving of DiRT2.

Let's get some Flatout organised soon; I see those people who made it for DiRT2 also have it, that's a good core to get started.