Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Hey chaps, as racing afficianados, anyone getting the new need for speed game on friday? I thought I might try and nab some of you as competition on the autolog thing? If any of you pick it up, feel free to add me as a friend on origin (as groovychainsaw) for a bit of friendly competition on times and occasional multiplayer racing?
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I was gonna buy it but then I found out it needs Origin. Now I m not so sure about it... I think I will also wait for some reviews.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan of origin either, I've got enough people on my steam list that I wouldn't need to appeal for competition in here (or could just add this group!), but as it is I'm having to build a list of people in origin (assuming thats what it uses for the autolog thing). As for reviews, I saw the one up on eurogamer today which seemed to suggest it being halfway between burnout paradise and hot pursuit, which sounded good enough to me.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Anyone interested in doing a few sessions of Driver:SF? Maybe tomorrow, Wednesday?

Anyone happen to have Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit that they feel like installing and playing online? That game rocks when played properly.

Network Hub Capt. Eduardo del Mango's Avatar
    I'll put out another optimistic call for players on GPL/netKar/GTR2/Race/LFS, but there do seem to be quite a few Burnout Paradise owners around. Jon started a thread on the group's Steam site for sharing IDs for it - post there and we should be able to get some MP going with it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Excuse me, gentlemen, but GT Legends has just been released on Steam for the princely sum of 7.49. I wonder if mods work? I'm almost tempted to buy it because I thought the 1 plus 2.50 postage I paid for it was somewhat less than what it is indeed worth.

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Excuse me, gentlemen, but GT Legends has just been released on Steam for the princely sum of 7.49. I wonder if mods work? I'm almost tempted to buy it because I thought the 1 plus 2.50 postage I paid for it was somewhat less than what it is indeed worth.
    I'm not sure about GT Legends but you can definitely mod the Steam version of Race which is basically the same game, so I'd be very surprised if you can't.
    Last edited by Capt. Eduardo del Mango; 02-12-2012 at 09:44 PM.

I'm up for a bit of racing, currently playing NFS: Most Wanted on Origin (I know, but the game is REALLY GOOD), my ID on there is Sp4rkR4t

Would you need a wheel for GT Legends, or would the 360 controller do?

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Hamster View Post
    Would you need a wheel for GT Legends, or would the 360 controller do?
    It's got a full set of driver assists so you'll be fine with a controller at whatever settings you're happy with.

There are discounts going on in the steam sale I was not aware of, the Simbin games are 75% off, I got GT Legends for 2.25!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    It should be noted here that apparently if you have a multiplayer key for GT Legends or GTR2 you can redeem them on Steam. Free ones for GTR2 which you could get, legitimately, apparently don't work.

Also Ferrari and Porsche are missing from the Steam version of GTR2 but it's possible to get them back if you install the patch and a no-CD .exe (not quite piracy, is it?), both of which you can get from nogripracing.com. I haven't done it yet but if I get it to work I'll report back.

Hi,

This seemed an appropriate place to point out that TrackMania2 Stadium is currently in Open Beta and is also now on Steam!

http://blog.maniaplanet.com/blog/201...ers-open-beta/
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/232910/

BUMP!

Come on, somebody around here's got to have some sims. netKar, Live for Speed (it's good now!), SimBin Race series, GTR2, Grand Prix Legends, NR2003, anyone?

up1.jpgup2.jpgup3.jpg

Rigs of Rods! I'll play that with someone if they've got it. It's free, there are trucks.

If anyone's interested, give me a yell over Steam (link in signature).
    Last edited by Capt. Eduardo del Mango; 13-04-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Network Hub
    Tried RFactor 2 and discovered that it's a decent sim with no decent mods or decent community, really GTR2 is better in that regard, but sadly not much going in the way of multiplayer action. Anyone here playing simbin multiplayer stuff care to make a recommendation on how to get a decent race? (PS I'm definitely on the shit end of the racing spectrum, think more Nakajima and less Schumacher)

I've got GTR2! I'll gladly do some laps with you, but I don't think waiting for pick-up races on pub servers will work too well now - seek out a league if you're after a good crowd to play with. A few people in the group have got Race '07/On/whatevs and wheels if you want, I'm sure we could organise a go if you've got one of those.

I couldn't believe what they pulled with subs for rF2. The hard work of modders is what made rF1 what it was (hell, I think everybody threw away all the vanilla content) and arbitrarily charging subs for no good reason when the community does all the work is just low IMO. Assetto Corsa (sequel to netKar Pro) is where I'm pinning my hopes for the next gen.

Network Hub
    I've pretty much got the full set of Simbin goodies and a wheel/pedals. GF is away this weekend so I'll be up for some mileage (mostly crashing) if we can all agree circuits/cars etc in advance so we can be suitably co-ordinated. Love the screengrabs from Asseto Corsa, though I doubt my current rig could handle it (ridiculously powerful laptop asploded leaving me with a manky old desktop).

OK, Race '07 (everyone'll have the base cars and tracks) - I'll see who'll be about this weekend. What's your name on Steam, and are you in the group? Let me know (or get hold of me - my profile link's in the signature) and we'll pick some tracks or something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd love to join in! I got the whole simbin collection(Race, Race07series/GTL/GTR2).

Also, Simbin made multiple f2p race games which we can use(Volve Challenge, raceroom online, new one on steam etc). And I remember something with the title called simraceways that was f2p with a progression in it, I heard go things about it(simraceway.com).
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?