Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    F1LR mod on Nordschlief :D?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by zitron View Post
    F1LR mod on Nordschlief :D?
    YES! Although I'd think we would need a few more people for that to avoid it getting a bore.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Activated Node
    Well if we run it just for fun and not a serious race, then if you get too far ahead just wait for other people, I used to do that when I raced against my house mates. No fun racing by yourself, might as well do it offline!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by zitron View Post
    Well if we run it just for fun and not a serious race, then if you get too far ahead just wait for other people, I used to do that when I raced against my house mates. No fun racing by yourself, might as well do it offline!
    Yes, I have done that aswell when driving on quite a long track with someone else after the race and we where the only ones left.

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    I finally have the GTR evo and Race 07 demos...I'm guessing I can't play any mods on it, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Probably not, no. I've never tried though. Don't worry, the Steam sale is most likely starting in a week and all of Simbin's stuff will be at least 75% off. Just watch. I guess that's why you haven't already bought them though, right?

Correctamundo. That, and the fact that I'm not a sim buff. But still, wouldn't mind some Nordschleife action every once in a while. Race 07 is 3 euros anyway (regular price, I mean).

EDIT: for some reason GTR 2 is now 6 bucks instead of 9. I caved in.
    Last edited by Prolar Bear; 05-07-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Also, apologies for the double post, but I've gotten hold of a coupla mods. Which mods do you guys usually play?
    And does anybody know of a way to restore the Porsches in the steam version? The workarounds I've found use no-cds...not sure if steam might like that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    Also, apologies for the double post, but I've gotten hold of a coupla mods. Which mods do you guys usually play?
    And does anybody know of a way to restore the Porsches in the steam version? The workarounds I've found use no-cds...not sure if steam might like that.
    for GTR2? I think you can patch it back in. Havent tried it though. If you want the porches for Race 07 then there is a excellent mod(well 2), google for Race07 GT1 mod and GT3 mod. One is the 2008 season and the other one the 2011 season. Although both require the GTR/powerpack addons.

Bread?

I ended up trying the nocd - it works like a charm. And nope, I only have GTR2 but thank you anyway!
    I'm stocking up on mods (already have super GT500, F1LR, the nordschleife and some road cars) and trying not to crash into walls. I'd like to participate in the next race!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, we havent planned anything for the past 2 weeks, but hit me up on steam and im willing to race a bit on most days!

Bread?

WRC 3 for 5: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/e.../sports/wrc-3/

There's a demo for it somewhere, personally I consider it to be the second best rally game/sim since RBR. Just turn off the music and get the two mods... I'll post links for those when I find them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Some of the race series have gone on sale at gamersgate:

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=Simbin

Although I advice waiting for the steam sales, last year it had everything on sale.

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Some of the race series have gone on sale at gamersgate:

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=Simbin

Although I advice waiting for the steam sales, last year it had everything on sale.
    Yeah, it might also be worth pointing out that someone from a forum somewhere (either here, GT Planet or NoGripRacing) had a problem with trying to buy Race Injection because they already owned Race 07. If you want to get the complete pack, Injection (which contains most of the DLC except for the really good ones) or any other bundle including the base game, you might like to hold off. Ever since I first joined Steam in 2010, Race 07 has always been -75% (possibly more) in the big sales so it's likely the Simbin complete pack - which is a lot of cars wot go fast - will be a quarter of the usual 25.99.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes, I couldnt buy injection last year during the sales because i had Race07(I wanted to gift Race07 to a friend). What I did was just buy everything outside of the pack, it only costed 2 euro's more.

Bread?

...is it normal that I absolutely suck at GTR2? I can barely set a laptime. Also, this is quite weird: in Catalunya (default track), the outer side of a couple of turns act like gravel. It looks like tarmac, but you get the gravel sound and physics.
    Anybody got any tips? Oh, and I can't connect to the lobby, it says that my serial number is invalid...what a mess.

Network Hub
    The game is HARD. Practice will help you improve! [I suck too]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    Oh, and I can't connect to the lobby, it says that my serial number is invalid...what a mess.
    This, is very strange? Maybe Steam handed out a double key or a pirate is using it?(with a retail copy). Have you tried logging in at a other time? I know the GTL lobby's are still working fine. I also know that GTL has a user made lobby system(Alte Bier...something).

Bread?

I honestly have no clue...I actually managed to log in one or two times. I tried fiddling with the registry key that contains the serial, maybe that'll help. Apparently GTR 2 has a user made lobby system, and it's called Pils-something, but it automatically downloads 15 GB of mods.

Network Hub
    So I've been off in iRacing land for a while (btw it's insanely addictive), but decided I should also pick up netKar Pro finally to hone my skills. Now tbh it'll be a while before I'm able to drive without crashing (judging by when I played the demo, or my appalling driving on the iRacing Skip Barber - lovely car but I'm not very good at driving it) but if anyone fancies a race in a few weeks time, perhaps they could suggest a car/circuit combo (I've not installed yet as I'm at work) and I'll go practice ready for the inevitable crashing.