Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Network Hub Capt. Eduardo del Mango's Avatar
    Hey guys - Humble Bundle has GTR, GTR2, GTL, Race '07 and all of its DLC (Race On/Injection/GTR:Evolution) for £2.19 in the Turbo Bundle.

You mean BundleStars. Link is correct though.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Oops - yeah, BundleStars.

Also, a while back I set up a Steam group, Race, Petrol, Simbin, for Race '07 and Simbin games. I noticed there were lots of people with Race '07 hanging around the Rock Paper Shotgun Steam chatroom who wanted to race, but without mod access on RPSkid it was too difficult to organise races - it's a case of doing it ad-hoc when people are online, and without being an admin for the group it took too long for Bodge, Wolf or washington to get back to me to make announcements. Also with the RPSkid members list being so large it was hard to keep an eye on people with Race who actually wanted to play regularly.

Anyway, yeah - if you've got Race '07 and want to be notified when ad-hoc driving about in circles shenanigans are on-going, join the group.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    I have had thoughts.

Would it be an good idea if we got our own subforum, where anyone who is willing to race simply posts a topic like:

Saturday 14th of June - 20:00 BST, GTR:Evolution, GT Club cars at Zandvoort

or, say,

Saturday 21th of june - 20:00 BST, NFS: Most Wanted.

he can simply do so? This would make organizing things slightly more visible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I dont know if that many people are interested in racing organized though, in our ad hoc races in the RPS Steam Chatroom we get 8 people at most.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

No reason a sub-forum wouldn't be useful, but running races in RPS Steam Chat through that RPSimbin group we've had way more success with ad-hoc races than organising things in advance. I'm not sure RPSkidders are likely to check either the Steam group or a sub-forum often enough to make high numbers for such an event likely, versus seeing if enough people are around at any given time and going for it. I'd suggest letting all RPSkid members post events and announcements so they could instigate MP sessions as and when people are available would do much better than a method for organising sessions in advance.

Is anyone playing F1 2013?

I would be interested in some multiplayer fun (emphasis on "fun"). Any and all assists (I don't use the myself) any race distance.

Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    I think the sub-forum could be useful, as I am in the Steam groups but often forget to check them.
    On an unrelated note, I tried GRID Autosport at a friend's place - I like it. A lot, in fact. It's basically a retooled GRID 2, but it's a really well done retooling, the handling is great (best sim-cade game in a long while, I'd say, slightly weightier and more realistic than GRID 1), it just gets to the business of cars wot go fast without frills. Think I'll buy it, although not at full price.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have tried Asetto Corsa and once you actually follow a steam community guide (instead of using the crappy default settings) it's quite good with a pad.
    It might just replace Race07 as my goto sim when it is released. It also has plenty of fine-tunable assists.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Since I'm not sure if everyone who reads this thread also reads the general forum, I added a few thoughts on Grid Autosport there.

Cross posting:
    In other news, I found out that there is a Live timing app for Asetto Corsa, and that you can set up communities so we can do leaderboards between ourselves. Anyone interested?

Obscure Node
    Anyone interested in playing Grid Autosport with your fellow RPSers, I've created the racing club 'RPS Autosport', which you can join via racenet.

EDIT: got AC.
    Last edited by Prolar Bear; 06-07-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Another crosspost:
    Hey everyone!
    The semi-official RPS steam community has been added to Rivali Tempo, which is the other livetiming app, since the guys from RSR haven't responded yet whilst they are online a lot, so I decided to wing it a bit :P. Also, because I am quite impatient.

So, to compare your lap times to that of the RPS community, simply open the Rivali Tempo app in game, and click "World" untill you see "Rock Paper Shotgun". Obviously, you have to be a member of the RPS steam group to apply, but I think just about everyone is.

Have fun!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just on the offchance - anyone else who's got The Crew beta and wants to try the multiplayer? I'm EightRooks - no space - on UPlay as well. No worries if not, just thought I'd give it a shot.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Calling all drivers for a practice AC session next week!
    Let's figure out who can participate and when, so please post your names and timezones and availability below please. (:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    I'm at UTC-3. Weekends are best for me (around the afternoon), but weekdays *might* work only after 10-11UTC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm usually at a PC after 10 UTC on weekdays but whether I could drive a car without hitting other cars at that hour - who knows ;0

Wed/Thu/Sat evenings are best for me as 'her indoors' is out ;0

Anyone else?

Network Hub
    I don't think it's going to work out for me because of the time differences. I have two young kids, so I can't even get to the wheel before 8pm EST, which is 1am BST.