Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Sadly no race today. I'm at a wedding next weekend too. I've uploaded a lap for time attacking should anyone want to take a crack, it's under hariseldon.

Quote Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
    I've uploaded a lap for time attacking should anyone want to take a crack, it's under hariseldon.
    Had a run around, managed to get a 1:22.684. It's on the leaderboard under egg651, currently position 95. There's more time to be gained (that ghost has a pretty dramatic path through the downhill chicane), but I can't really be bothered spending hours getting it.
    Unacosamedarisa: Egg, kiss me, you're beautiful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    So, next weekend... What's happening? I should be around but as always, no guarantees. I'll gladly sacrifice the only available opportunity I'll have to modify my racing rig (lower the top deck, move the monitors back) to join you all again. I mean, what's the point of having a rig in the first place if you choose to modify it rather than use it? Exactly, none.

I'm going to suggest we play something a little more friendly like Burnout Paradise or Driver: SF maybe, for the benefit of our more casual/wheel-less members.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I say we do zandvoort or brandshatch with the GT-Pro/Club class, if everyone has those.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Even better, lets drive a Indy circuit with the caterhams!

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Hullo everybody! I was wondering what are the most played vroom-vroom games you folks play, because I don't mind cars wot go fast every once in a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    Hullo everybody! I was wondering what are the most played vroom-vroom games you folks play, because I don't mind cars wot go fast every once in a while.
    We mostly play Simbin games(atleast in the past few weeks). You should be able to pick up the whole series for about 20 euro's in the steam sales, which is a lot of material(tracks, cars), excluding mods obviously).

But it also depends on your control method. Its mostly a wheel/gamepad like racegame. If you are stuck to keyboard then it might be rather difficult.

I am also willing to take suggestions, especially now that the summer sale is coming up. Let me know if there is anything you like to play.

Bread?

I do have Burnout Paradise, can't remember any of my EA login stuff and the save game has long gone, but will look into it.

Took the 200hp Caterham out on Brands Hatch Indy Circuit and managed to win against 100% AI which is quite nice. Need to try the 320's though, probably be a lot different.

Probably won't be able to make 12 tomorrow, but will be up for a race at some point in the afternoon.

Activated Node
    I'm up for something tomorrow afternoon as well, any thing really. Why are the races at 12? Isn't that lunch time?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by zitron View Post
    I'm up for something tomorrow afternoon as well, any thing really. Why are the races at 12? Isn't that lunch time?
    Its a bit early, I'm not sure anything is plannend for tomorrow.

Bread?

Oh well that's good then, I just thought that was Simbin time. Don't think anything has been planned or decided really but if I've got the cars (Vanilla Race 07, only noticed the Race On bundle yesterday) I'll turn up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Guys! Guys! An rFactor 2 demo is now available: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

Also if nothing else happens tomorrow I'll happily host a Burnout Paradise thing in the late afternoon (probably 6ish onwards), if that is indeed still possible and if a few of you who are available are a) interested and b) own Burnout Paradise. My internet connection isn't the best though but I've been able to host games before.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    We mostly play Simbin games(atleast in the past few weeks). You should be able to pick up the whole series for about 20 euro's in the steam sales, which is a lot of material(tracks, cars), excluding mods obviously).

But it also depends on your control method. Its mostly a wheel/gamepad like racegame. If you are stuck to keyboard then it might be rather difficult.

I am also willing to take suggestions, especially now that the summer sale is coming up. Let me know if there is anything you like to play.
    I'm vaguely familiar with GTR\Race, I played the demos aeons ago. I have a gamepad, and I can stomach sims if necessary! Dunno, guess I'll see when the sale pops up because I only have Raceroom Racerace Raceface Xperience, NFS: Hot Pursuit and NFS: Porsche on my PC. I love Trackmania too, but after buying the first two games, I didn't feel like buying them again for United; paying for single environments in TM2 kinda seems like a ripoff too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    How do you guys feel like playing with mods?

RACE07/GTL/GTR2 have some excellent mods!

Like this: http://f1legends.nolimit.cz/

I gave also found a GT1 and GT3 mod with a host of extra GT cars, although those require the GT Power Pack and the GTR evolution addon.

EDIT: Forgot this, how about Indycar season 94/95? http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/...94-1995.71070/

I have fond memories playing the Indycar game(Microsoft) with the whole family, and my father suddenly outdriving everyone by finding the game's autopilot :)

http://www.microsoft.com/games/preci...rt/reviews.htm
    Last edited by pepper; 01-07-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Bread?

Hmm I don't really want to shell out 20 bucks for the whole shebang. I'm thinking of waiting for the summer sale, in any case which one should I get between GTR2 or Race 07? Or should I just wait for Project CARS to become available again, if any of you has got it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can recommend waiting for the summer sale. Not quite sure about Project CARS, I've heard it isnt as good as the existing products, same for Rfactor2. Although I havent tried either myself.

You could get GTR2, I picked it up in one of the sales together with GTL.

Bread?

Thanks a bunch, pepper! Shall wait for the summer sale and report back.

Still, dat eye candy on pCars...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    Thanks a bunch, pepper! Shall wait for the summer sale and report back.

Still, dat eye candy on pCars...
    Oh yes, its pretty. But at the end of the day its the simulation part that counts.. Oh well wait and see.

EDIT: If you want, download the Race07 demo and we shall have a go at it!
    Last edited by pepper; 01-07-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Bread?

Activated Node
    I'd be up for some IndyCars if they have Oval tracks to race on...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by y2rich View Post
    I'd be up for some IndyCars if they have Oval tracks to race on...
    I know there is one default Oval, Curibita(Mexico) and I've read on racedepartment that there is a pack of oval tracks somewhere for Race07 so yes we should be able to.

Bread?