Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Simbin Mega Bundle for 12.99 for those who want it on Steam.

Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Hmmm. Everything else worthy of buying on the Steam Sale?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
    Simbin Mega Bundle for 12.99 for those who want it on Steam.
    Nooo, don't buy it yet! The fact that it's 50% suggests to me it'll be in a flash or daily sale at 75%. Simbin's stuff has always been dropped to 75% (I think) since I first joined Steam in 2010... In the Christmas sale just gone, Race 07 was 74p. 74p!

Network Hub
    Well this thread died a quiet death :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well this thread died a quiet death :(
    Its vacation time! I will be gone in about 1.5 weeks also!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Activated Node
    I've been busy with a new job, iRacing and the fact my rig gets up to about 35C in this weather making racing difficult.

Network Hub
    Ah a fellow iRacer then. I have been doing ok until tonight when my accelerator pedal died an unpleasant death. Just ordered a Driving Force GT to replace the junk I have right now, which should be a bit cooler.

Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    I'm still here! I've been busy but now I'll be free to slack all summer long. I needa practice, but count me in whenever you folks feel like firing up the ol' GTR2...

Network Hub
    So the update's come out for iRacing and I'm trying to run it on a controller until my DFGT gets here, the new tyre model feels pretty good and they're running figure 8 races which are brilliant destruction derby fun. There were a lot of cars on their roof with people asking someone to give them a nudge, smoke billowing from broken engines and general carnage. For anyone not on iRacing right now, you should give it a try, it's awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Meh, I dont like subscription models so I doubt I ever will experience it. Oh well, sounds like a lot of fun albeit a bit odd since they have the safety model thingy.

Bread?

Network Hub
    Fair enough, though I do find the subs and safety ratings do a good job of keeping out the riff raff. The figure 8 is a special for week 13 (each season is 12 weeks, then 13th week they do mad stuff while they roll out the next update etc as far as I can tell, I'm pretty new so I don't yet know all the ins and outs) so this stuff doesn't affect safety rating.

Activated Node
    Irwindale Figure 8 won't be used for Official Races I imagine.

Can't wait til I get paid so I can get the Lotus 49

Network Hub
    Have been playing with the 49 a bit on my somewhat bastardised (due to broken pedals) setup and it's a beast.. like an insane Skippy.

Network Hub
    I got my new DFGT wheel yesterday, it's amazing. iRacing feels so much more real when you have force feedback! Anyway I'm back in the saddle (once I get it configured for Race 07, seems that I have to turn the wheel about 50 times to get anywhere so I'm probably doing it wrong) so next weekend I'm back in for racing on Steam (in-laws coming this weekend). Any suggestions for a suitable track/car combo?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I got my new DFGT wheel yesterday, it's amazing. iRacing feels so much more real when you have force feedback! Anyway I'm back in the saddle (once I get it configured for Race 07, seems that I have to turn the wheel about 50 times to get anywhere so I'm probably doing it wrong) so next weekend I'm back in for racing on Steam (in-laws coming this weekend). Any suggestions for a suitable track/car combo?
    I love brandshatch GP(the normal long version), a few fast bits, nice corners with a few nasty blind ones, where you can really make or break a race. Car wise, well thats up to you isnt it? I dont really dislike any of the cars!

Bread?

Network Hub
    Sounds like a plan. I'd say touring cars are the best choice as they've been massive fun in the other races and probably fit the size of the circuit better than some of the supercars.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Probably so yes, although I completely forgot to mention this but I will be on vacation 2 weeks starting tomorrow, so racing will be a bit difficult as you can imagine :).

Bread?

Network Hub
    And I go on holiday when you get back! This isn't working out so well is it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well... No. Not really, oh well. We can always race after that, the game wont suddenly disappear, not is there any solid indication of sudden singularity so im good :)

Bread?

Network Hub
    I guess this illustrates the reasons behind iRacings success, with a regular fixed racing schedule and plenty of drivers you can always just jump in, where DIY just isn't so easy.