Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Just been in a lotus 49 practice session on iracing (same car from Grand Prix Legends) and finally started to hook up some half-decent laps oh my god, it's the sexiest car in the world. It's like driving God. It's so much fun it should be illegal. Seriously.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, its been a month. Is everyone back and still up for some racing? We could do some leasure racing this saturday if you guys are up for it!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Network Hub
    I'm mostly iracing these days but could be tempted to take a pop at Laguna seca in something sporty as that's next week's track in my chosen series.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
    I'm mostly iracing these days but could be tempted to take a pop at Laguna seca in something sporty as that's next week's track in my chosen series.
    Oooh that sounds excellent! Havent raced much around it though, but I suppose it need some sort of American Muscle Car?

Bread?

Network Hub
    I run the Skip Barber (non-aero racing school car) there and it's awesome fun. Not sure if Race has anything like that? Also need to find a way to get the DFGT to co-operate with race (the 960 degree range means I have very precise, but very slow, steering).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
    I run the Skip Barber (non-aero racing school car) there and it's awesome fun. Not sure if Race has anything like that? Also need to find a way to get the DFGT to co-operate with race (the 960 degree range means I have very precise, but very slow, steering).
    Cant you limit the rotation range in the software? my Fanatec wheel also has a 960 degree of operation, but I can limit from 270+ onward, it will sort of 'lock'. You can still push past the lock but the game only sees the range between 0-270.

I dont know if there is alas, does Iracing have demo?

Bread?

Network Hub
    Lucky git, I'd love a Fanatec. Not sure, gonna have a play with it. Iracing has no demo, but once in a while they run 3 months for 1 promos. Totally worth it, the quality of racing beats anything anywhere, with pick-up races whenever you want them against well-matched fields. I've spent a fair bit on it but don't regret a penny.

Network Hub
    And Steam just updated Race 07 and killed it. Wonderful.

Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Uhhh what happened to Race?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Steam changed Race07 to their new "format". What this means is that you have to update it (and all the DLCs - just try to run them and it should start updating).

Now when I did that it created a new folder under my documents/SimBin one that said "Race 07 Install 2" or something, and I had to copy my original Race07 folder to that one in order for my saved stuff to work. A couple of days later there was a mini-patch and I had to copy the folder *back* to the original one...

But after that the game has been running fine for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Same for me, it still works but my profile is gone and the graphics are buggered now.

Bread?

Network Hub
    I've got RFactor2 if anyone's actually using that? The skippy at Laguna Seca there is actually pretty good, different to the iracing version for sure but quite fun if you use the National variant (slick tyres instead of road tyres). I should point out I'm still shit (probably the worst driver on iRacing by a mile).

Activated Node
    I will be around on Saturday, only have the Race series though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I'm almost definitely not going to be around on the weekend, but I don't have rFactor 2 anyway.

Network Hub
    I think this thread neatly illustrates why I'm on iRacing. Pick-up play, whenever I want, against bloody good drivers. It's a shame too because our racing on Race 07 when it happened was awesome fun, but getting everyone into the same track at the same time is akin to herding cats.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ah yes, that is true.

Zitron, do you have the addon that has the Laguna Seca Raceway? If not what addons do you have for Race07?

Bread?

Network Hub
    It's Race On which has Laguna Seca btw (seriously, it's a lovely circuit, worth every penny).

Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    I still can't get to grips with GTR2. I know it's hard, but I either go at a sloth pace, or inevitably spin out on corner exit.
    Anybody got any tips? I reckon GTR doesn't really like the 360 controller.

Network Hub
    Prolar, any serious sim requires a wheel. I recommend the Driving Force GT, cheap as chips and about the best you'll get for the money, or a G27 if you have more cash to spend.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hard to give any tips without seeing you drive, what is your usual method of getting up to speed with a track? Blasting it pedal down or slowly finding the zones?

Hariseldon has a good point, a wheel makes it a lot easier, but given that you may not be able to get one I think we should find a way to help you drive first.

I've also heard that starting off with the assists on is a good idea if you keep flying off the tracks. It might help you understand the track and car better without being punished for it?

If you want we can hop on a server together and see where it goes wrong?

Bread?