Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Network Hub Capt. Eduardo del Mango's Avatar
    Awesome! pepper, I couldn't find you on Steam - could you add/contact me through the link in my signature?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Yeah, I like Simraceway because all circuits are free and the cars - most of them - aren't outrageously priced... But the upper end of the scale is ridiculous. Then again, RaceRoom Racing Experience charges for everything, last I heard you even had to pay to race with assists off. Also RR:R3 doesn't have multiplayer yet (I don't think) and SRW can be a little awkward as you can't have private races.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Eduardo del Mango View Post
    Awesome! pepper, I couldn't find you on Steam - could you add/contact me through the link in my signature?
    Yes I will! I gotta go in a few minutes so it will be a bit later tonight.

Neema, thats a shame. I have it installed but still havent tried it yet. Although to be fair the Race 07 series still has a ton of content I need to plow my way through(vanilla and mods) so really, I am not bored yet.

Also, does anyone here like the nordschlieffe on the nurburgring? I am usually not one for big large tracks(oberschleben, brandshatch GP are my favorites) but its one that has gotten quite a bit of tracktime lately.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

OK, does Saturday this weekend work for you guys for some Race '07? 2007 touring cars and I was going to suggest Valencia (open, relatively wide, lots of run-off).

Network Hub
    Valencia is good for me (I know it reasonably well from other games). Is it in the standard selection (can't remember) or do we need to download it?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Valencia works for me, and its a vanilla race track. Any specific one we want to race on(national, reverse etc?)

Bread?

The layout the WTCC cars go around on whatever that's called. Pepper and I just had a few laps around it and the connection seemed pretty good, so that's encouraging.

(Linked)

Any particular time Saturday? I'll start the bidding at 5pm (pepper specified some time afternoon/evening), any more offers? So far it's looking like it'll be us three and Smidge/y2rich from the RPSkid group. neema, you want to race? And hariseldon, get hold of me over Steam if you've got an account.

I want to race like you can't believe (you probably can believe it) but I can't be 100% sure I'll be able to, my weekends are often jeopardised by other people. Even if I am able to start the race it's still possible I won't be able to finish it... I'll put some practice in on Valencia anyway, I'm not sure I've ever driven it.

Well setting up a server isn't any hassle - no reason we can't do pick-up racing if people are online, and the more people who have joined the group the more chance we have of pick-up races with more than two people. No worries if you have to leap out at any point, nobody's keeping score (yet!). Are you using a gamepad or have you got a wheel?

Oh, and can I take this opportunity to encourage everyone to have a go at netKar Pro's free demo (full version download functions as a demo until you buy it)? The upcoming sequel Assetto Corsa is looking very exciting, but I reckon nKPro's got the finest suspension and tyre modelling out of anything that's out at the moment, especially for small single seaters. It's a ridiculously cheap seven euro at the moment and there are addon tracks out there (not sure where they're available off the top of my head). You need a wheel for it, but if you've got one you've got to try the demo at least. Oh, and the car and track that come with it would be great fun MP.

Oh oh, and for anyone coming to this thread from the RPS front page, don't forget to join the Steam group too so we can get hold of each other. There's also a thread on it to list wot cars wot go fast you've got so have a look through that to see if anyone's playing what you're playing.
    Last edited by Capt. Eduardo del Mango; 05-06-2013 at 02:50 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    5pm uk time? Works fine for me!

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Eduardo del Mango View Post
    Well setting up a server isn't any hassle - no reason we can't do pick-up racing if people are online, and the more people who have joined the group the more chance we have of pick-up races with more than two people. No worries if you have to leap out at any point, nobody's keeping score (yet!). Are you using a gamepad or have you got a wheel?

Oh, and can I take this opportunity to encourage everyone to have a go at netKar Pro's free demo (full version download functions as a demo until you buy it)? The upcoming sequel Assetto Corsa is looking very exciting, but I reckon nKPro's got the finest suspension and tyre modelling out of anything that's out at the moment, especially for small single seaters. It's a ridiculously cheap seven euro at the moment and there are addon tracks out there (not sure where they're available off the top of my head). You need a wheel for it, but if you've got one you've got to try the demo at least. Oh, and the car and track that come with it would be great fun MP.
    I've got a wheel and a pad, the pad being used for the more obnoxious driving games that don't function at all well with a wheel (like most NFS titles for instance). It should be known that just because I love simming, that shouldn't be an indication of my skill or racecraft. I tend to get overexcited then either forget to brake (if there's no one in front of me) or brake too much (if there is someone in front of me). Also because I play so many sims and in so many different cars, I'm not really good at driving anything in particular...

Might be worth pointing out that buying netKar Pro gets you the Assetto Corsa tech demo as well (I think it still does anyway?) which is bloody lovely, mainly because of the 'app' based UI which is just fantastic. I had a problem with nKP though where my wheel would rotate 240 degrees but the on-screen wheel would do 900 in that much rotation and I never worked it out. Also, trying to play it now to see if I've fixed the wheel thing just results in it hanging when it loads the shadow.nko file for my car... Time for a reinstall I guess.

Edit: So I just had a quick go on Valencia, it's probably safest if I avoid the BMWs. I had to drop the brake pressure to 70% and 75% front bias before I could brake with any kind of confidence, but even so the very last corner is deceptive, you have a small crest and the corner starts on the crest, so if you don't anticipate it you'll drive onto the kerb (which is as narrow as it is an ideal surface to drive on) then onto the gravel and into the wall. Well, I did twice anyway. Great track though, For some reason I was expecting Valencia as in the street circuit (which was puzzling as it doesn't have any run off and isn't wide at all).
    Last edited by neema_t; 05-06-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    neema_t, sounds like we are about as good in driving and have the same attitude towards it! As a benchmark, I can now lap between 1:46 amd 1:48 in the Seat, I'm slightly slower in the beamer.

Bread?

Network Hub
    Oh dear.. with laps around 2.12 I'm boned.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Dont worry, I didnt say I was faultless, if you can lap without errors then there is a significant chance you will overtake people.

Also, turns out I have IRL stuff so I have to leave at 3.30pm uk time, would anyone mind doing this earlier? I am terribly sorry, I was looking forward to this!

Bread?

I can make earlier - say any time from 12pm mid-day onwards, but I'm not sure if Smidgey's about - I'll go see what the earliest he can make is. Neema, hariseldon - would you guys be able to do earlier too?

Network Hub
    I'm free all weekend, mrs is away so I can game! Will add everyone tomorrow night once the mrs is away and I can get some hardcore nerding time

Nice one - OK, 12pm noon pending Smidgey and Neema confirming.

hariseldon, are you on Steam and if so are you signed up to the group? If you're on it, give me a yell (my profile link's in my signature) so I've got you on the list.

Network Hub
    Ok so got out of the bmw, switched to the honda and tweaked setups, have managed about 2.07 on long course and 1.25 on the national course.

Smidgey can make 12pm so we'll go with that - prepare yourself for...

El Trofeo de Turismo de Alec Meer de la Comunitat Valenciana.

Details in that link. I'll perform the hosting duties as it worked well enough with pepper.

hariseldon - again, are you on Steam, and if so what's your profile name? Have you joined the RPSkid group?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Excellent, I might be 10/15 minutes late(and mis part of the first training) but that shouldnt hold me down, I've been running laps all week already!

Bread?