Network Hub

Opinions on Death to Spies?

The latest Indie Gala has Death To Spies and Death to Spies: Moment of Truth on offer if you beat the minimum. I really loved Hitman: Blood Money and these games seem pretty similar. However a lot of these assassination games tend to have a hard time walking the line of difficulty/ realism, and fun.

Get them, haven't played the first one (got the second one first lol). But it is very good, has the hitman style, but a little more realistic. If you liked hitman you will like death to spies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Death to Spies (not played the second one) is very promising, being a WW2 Hitman with huge, fairly open levels (and a retrievable knife you can hurl at people). Unfortunately it is rendered borderline unplayable by bugs and what may well be random AI.

Guards will get stuck in a corridor rather than patrol, leaving you trapped in a room. They'll spaz out for unknown reasons at something that was fine the last time you walked past. Even the controls often break, so that you'll have to constantly shift your view in order to walk in a straight line, or your character will wander off diagonally instead.

It's a real shame, but I'd give it a miss if I were you. The second one may be better, but I can't say for sure as I was so fed up of the first I couldn't be arsed with trying it for long.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Death 2 Spies: Moment of Truth is very good. It's a hard game, though. Lots of time is spent observing the AI, making a plan, and then reloading as you fail to execute it. I think it works well. Haven't played the first one.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Just admit that you want the bundle for Rig 'n' Roll.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I only played first one and i played till the hotel mission (about 5 missions). Now what you want to know is that game is hard,very hard,and frustrating. Also it will require allot of patience from you. Also if you aim for PRO score at the end,you will play missions VERY LONG,for example i needed about 3-4 hours for PRO score for first 4,5 missions.

Overall good games,but don't expect something like hitman,with so many options,this game is from smaller studio in Russia.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I broke down and got them and am enjoying the first one quite a bit. Yes, they are insanely hard at times, but that's kind of the appeal. Plus, they are nicely open ended, so you can make things much harder or much easier on yourself depending on what strategy you take. I've had a few pretty awesome, unscripted moments, playing these so far. The story and acting are bland and I have encountered a few bugs (especially the guards getting stuck in hallways ones), so it's best to save often, but I think they are pretty good games if you like stealth game play and want a challenge.

They kind of make me want to try the hitman series now (I've never played any of those).

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Also if you aim for PRO score at the end,you will play missions VERY LONG,for example i needed about 3-4 hours for PRO score for first 4,5 missions.

I've been playing on expert, but I don't think I have the patience for pro score. You need to do the levels without changing clothes, right? That would take forever! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    They kind of make me want to try the hitman series now (I've never played any of those).
    I would recommend trying Blood Money if you do. Recently picked up a pack on Steam, the others haven't dated quite so well apart from Contracts, but that's not available on Steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I'm with CuriousOrange,i tried playing Silent Assassin steatlhy and couldn't manage to do anything with Agent..Then in BM,it feels so easy lol. But i would say that start with Contracts,some really nice missions in there,and gritty athmopshere! :D