Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

6.82 Patch Thread

Even though the patch isn't here yet, the changes are big enough to start discussing. Check out the notes if you haven't seen them yet. Some of them seem like real game-changers that will take some time to get used to.

Some quick bullet points:
    - New Shadow Fiend model and arcana set
    - New treasures releasing
    - Fantasy Season Two begins soon
    - Fight Recap feature (seems to be a more in-depth post-game analysis)
    - Courier Morph (courier will temporarily morph into your equipped one when coming to you... uh, yay?)

Snore. Now for the big items.

- Map changes (NEW ROSH PIT, new paths and ward spots, fountain is high ground)
    - Bounty Runes that give gold/xp (also two runes every 2mins, with one always being a bounty)
    - New item: Crimson Guard (made from Vanguard/Buckler/recipe)
    - Bloodseeker & Phantom Lancer skills reworked
    - There are only three types of damage now: Physical, Magical and Pure (Composite dmg is out)
    - Dark Seer's vacuum cooldown rescaled from 28.0 seconds to 28 seconds (try to click on it in the log, lulz)
    - Flying Courier tweaks and too many changelog notes to list (again, check out the change log)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I LOVE this patch!

Its amazing how much of a HoN patch this is. Simplification of damage types, superior rosh pit layout, increased pathing options and two new ward spots next to the secret shops. Not to mention the new rune. All these HoN did over two years ago; about godamn time Dota 2 caught up to the future.

The offlane will be the deciding lane this patch.
    About fucking time Dota2 had a proper physical and pure damage system.
    Just remove bottle crowing for fucks sake. Don't nerf the courier for everyone else; its ridiculous.
    This patch is ALL about the team fights. Mass and mass team fights.
    T1s are still easy. T2s will be impossible to get.
    Soul ring into bloodstone - holy shit. Love it; second supports got a huge boost.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I love the sniper nerf - no more interrupting my "LET IT GO!" moments when I play Crystal Maiden.

Huge huge patch. It's impossible to call the new meta-game this soon, but the early game is obviously less pushy, late game is more comeback friendly, river control is more important, offlane is more dangerous due to map changes, top/bottom creep equilibrium is tweaked in Dire's favor, and Roshan is less Dire-friendly. I didn't see any big balance changes in the damage types rework. Dispels will affect many more buffs.

• Ranked All-Pick reworked to alternate between teams, and no repicks?
    • Terrorblade and Legion Commander added to Captain's Mode, Blood Seeker and Phantom Lancer removed.
    • Bounty Rune is a flat +XP +Gold bonus that scales with minutes on the game clock.
    • Shadow Fiend razes now have 3 different animations that correspond to distance.
    • Riki reworked, but they didn't touch his Smoke.
    • Fountain farming is harder, but they didn't remove the incentive or add real spawn protection.
    • Losing a T1 tower refreshes the Glyph of Fortification.
    • Tower last hits give less gold (around 100 less for each tier). Denies give 50% xp. First blood bonus is 150 instead of 200.
    • Magic resist items now stack (cloak, hood, pipe).
    • BKB repurchase DOES NOT reset the duration, but lowest time is now 5s.
    • Mek heal cost is 75 mana higher, maybe to nerf tanky carries.
    • TP scroll cost is now 100!
    • Bottle cost is 700, but both rune spots always spawn, so maybe 2 bottles per team will be common.
    • Assist XP, Gold, and Streak ending are now more anti-slippery slope (you get more the farther behind you are).
    • Aegis nerf (lasts 5 minutes), Roshan buffed.
    • Hellbears are less hellish, Centaurs slightly buffed.
    • Broodmother webs have charges instead of a cooldown (slower to push, faster to relocate her whole nest), global cast range when overlapped, and can be destroyed by her (great!). BM invis takes 6 seconds, web speed and phasing works on Spiderlings.
    • Lots of Aghanim's changes, notably: Earth Spirit (can make heroes into rocks), Elder Titan (disarm), OD (always drains mana), Phoenix (revive a team mate), Shadow Demon (3 charges), Sven (team +40/60/80% damage aura!), Timber (double Chakram), Treant (Eyes in the Forest), Chen (Persuasion on Ancient creeps).
    • Ogre Magi gets 2.5 base HP regen, the same as Nyx (Axe has 3).
    • PA's blur now makes her a minimap ninja.
    • Tusk ice shards pop where you click.
    • Tinker can't take ancient stacks.
    • Techies ancient stacking trick will have to be reworked for the new Dire ancients spot.
    • Crimson Guard seems like a Pipe, but against physical damage (gives 50 guaranteed block for 9 seconds).
    Last edited by Bobtree; 27-09-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Just remove bottle crowing for fucks sake. Don't nerf the courier for everyone else; its ridiculous.
    I think the idea is that they won't need to crow with two runes every two minutes. (I hope)

By increasing flying courier speed and making the boost a 4 sec steroid, I think the boost is maybe more intended to keep it alive than to deliver. (with melee heroes doing +50% dmg to it)

T1s are still easy. T2s will be impossible to get.
    But now we essentially get a free fortification on T1s, right? Little reason to let one fall without it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Guys...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=p51-_hb2Y6I#t=2m7s

(embedding was somehow fucking up, sowwy).

And 6.82 is out, right in the middle of a Starladder best of 3. Yikes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    THIS JUST IN

Crimson Guard is really really good.

I missed the new All-Pick mode being Ranked only.

Activated Node
    I like all the changes except the new gold system for comeback kills.
    Icefrog has subsequently nerfed the gold gain twice, but I still want the gold nerfed furthermore.
    Lastly, XP nerf needs to be there too.
    Its ridiculous how the new patch favours lategamers. Supports with lategame potential are even stronger now and there is absolutely no point in picking supports that peak out in midgame and do not do scale with items. 1 fucked up teamfight and your advantage as a peak midgame support is completely gone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Do cast ranges seem glitched for anyone else? I've both cast and been cast on well outside max range several times. Maybe it's just long cast animations, but playing Luna her range on Lucent Beam seemed pretty absurd.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Luna's range on beam has always been absurd, 800! And yes, cast animations do have an impact. It almost feels like there's a small leeway beyond the intended cast range if the animation started while you were within the cast range.

Think roughly level 2-2.5 sniper's take aim passive for beam which is why its so easy to catch people off guard with it. She's very annoying to off lane against.

6.82b is out btw, looks like number tweaking on gold and xp rubber banding has stabilised significantly. Its a good change, they just did what they always do. Ignored the loudmouths, saw the public stats with the change and did the adjustments. Exactly how balancing should be done. Dotards are such self entitled wah-wah-wahs. Every single new numbered patch is the same bullshit.

HE'S BEEN PATCHING THE SAME WAY FOR NINE YEARS FFS, HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS

/rant
    Last edited by khaz; 29-09-2014 at 10:06 AM.

The version b tweaks were needed, and I am okay with the general gameplay changes now. At first, every match lasted 50+ minutes and I was afraid that was going to be the new norm. Some of the hero changes are still goofy, though, like PL's new mechanics and Lycan's insane shapeshift movespeed (from 522 to 650). You can't even chase him with a haste rune now.

Also, can anyone clarify what this Weaver change means?
    Geminate attack can now proc items
    Does it mean that orbs like desolator now proc on geminate? (i.e., procs the player's items) Or does it mean it was previously ignored by enemies' items [stout shield, vanguard], and no longer works that way?

I hate the term 'proc,' by the way. Trigger, activate ... there are much better words to use.

/edit/ Okay, I did some digging on reddit. It's the former -- items like daedalus or mkb can now proc on geminate attack. Its previous form was restricted to damage only, which is why you'd notice the lack of desolator effect. Deso is probably still his best/first damage item, but you can have the chance to double crit with daedalus.

TL;DR - Because of this, Weaver's damage output now scales even better with his mid/late game items.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 29-09-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Luna's range on beam has always been absurd, 800!
    Yea it's awesome

It's a bit OP probably but that's why it's so fun XD
    Geminate attack can now proc items
    Maybe it means like proc a blink dagger or something to reset the cd back to 3 seconds.

The geminate change means the second attack can also proc weaver's item's effects like daedalus, malestrom etc. Previously it would just be a basic attack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    The geminate change means the second attack can also proc weaver's item's effects like daedalus, malestrom etc. Previously it would just be a basic attack.
    That's kind of silly. PA's dagger is annoying when it procs the stupid crit strike too.. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    Yea it's awesome

It's a bit OP probably but that's why it's so fun XD
    Luna is quickly becoming one of my favorite carries to play. The stun may not be much, but when combined with her move speed and ult, it makes her dangerous to dive near a tower.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The voice is horrible however. Have you seen the "Siractionslacks" Luna video where he talks in character throughout the match?

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    The voice is horrible however. Have you seen the "Siractionslacks" Luna video where he talks in character throughout the match?
    I haven't seen that one yet, but Luna's voice seems more goofy than annoying to me. Naga's voice makes me want to shove icepicks in my ears, though.

Sellin' mayonnaise.

Her stun range is long, but her "ranged" range is crappy like Jakiro's. I feel like that's an okay balance.

Even with the 6.82b tweaks, comebacks are still the name of the game.

I solo queued, the team drafted greedy, all-melee picks. We couldn't do squat in the laning phase, should have lost at ~25 minutes, but the enemy got lazy after pushing through mid rax. There was a futile ~10 minute period after where we were considering sitting in the fountain. They didn't 5man to finish, so we started getting 1 and 2 kills at a time. This eventually led to picking off 2 or 3 in jungle skirmishes, which allowed us to catch up a bit. Towers were pushed. We finally started winning teamfights, and suddenly the game was winnable. Despite no one building an MKB to hit Weaver, we managed to turn it around in their smug, trash-talking faces.

But seriously, we really should have lost for that greedy draft.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; Yesterday at 04:07 PM.