6.83 "Shifting Snows" Patch Thread

Check the Official Notes for hero and item changes.

GENERAL

• Ranked All Pick initial planning phase reduced from 40 to 30 seconds
    • First rune spawns are now both Bounty Runes that are twice as effective (50/50 gold/xp to 100/100)
    • All Illusions now deal 25% less damage to structures
    • Melee and Ranged Barracks bounty reduced from 352-370 to 100-150
    • Melee and Ranged Barracks now give 125 and 75 gold to each player, respectively
    • Ward location to the right of Roshan is now pathable
    • Fixed a ward location near the Dire ancients that could not be easily seen
    • Ancient Granite Golem health reduced from 2000 to 1700
    • Ancient Granite Golem now has an aura which grants 15% bonus health to its allies
    • Private Lobby games now use the Captain's Mode creep spawn timer when in All Pick
    • Maximum Attack Speed increased from 500 to 600 (the primary impact of this is on abilities like Windranger's Focus Fire and Ursa's Overpower)
    • The following abilities no longer have restrictions when cast on Spell Immune Allies: Kunkka's X Marks The Spot, Magnus's Empower, Treant Protector's Living Armor, and Warlock's Shadow Word
    • The tooltips for Vanguard, Stout Shield, Poor Man's Shield and Crimson Guard now reflect their internal proc chance instead of their legacy representation (no actual balance change)
    • Vision and Fog of War can now be any numerical value, rather than specific intervals (previously it was 0, 64, 192, 320, 448, 576, 704, 800, 832, 960, 1088, 1216, 1344, 1472, 1600, 1728)
    ADDITIONAL CHANGES

GAMEPLAY

• When spectating a game with a team's Fog of War selected, you now only see what they can see in-world and on the minimap. This applies to player perspective as well
    • Improved server stability under UDP packet flood attack by moving packet processing off of the game thread and onto worker threads.
    • Added a sound effect that plays when Sange and Sange & Yasha's maim procs on an attack

ALT-CLICK

• Alt-Clicking now works on Passive and Unlearned abilities
    • You can now Alt-Click your own, and your enemies', health and mana bars to announce the current health and mana
    • If you Alt-Click an item or ability but do not have enough mana, the amount of mana needed will be shared
    • You can now Alt-Click buffs and debuffs on your hero to announce them to your team
    • Alt-Clicking now works for items without activation (such as Aegis of the Immortal)
    • Alt-Clicked abilities that are ready now also include the level of the ability
    • Alt-Clicking on a dead enemy's icon in the top bar will announce that they are dead, and when they will respawn
    • Alt-Clicking your respawn timer announces your respawn time to your team
    • Alt-Clicking on the Glyph button will announce its status, and Ctrl-Alt-Clicking the button will suggest not using the Glyph yet
    • Alt-Clicking an enemy's bottle now shows what rune is inside of it

BUG FIXES

• Fixes for several effects being erroneously visible through the Fog of War
    • Fixed a case where users had very large control group settings files, which was causing long delays after selecting their hero (some users in this situation have had their control groups reset)
    • Fixed not being able to taunt sometimes after using a prediction charm
    • Fixed Death Effects not playing

Hm, in the general section there seem to be some points that should not be possible in Wc3 DotA (I know, I know, it has been said before). Seems like this is the break in parity for good. 6.82 is not even yet available for Wc3 DotA.

As for the other changes: I'm most said about the nerf for Ogre I didn't follow Dota much lately, but was he that op to justify such a big nerf?
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Yes. A few patches back he got like 7 base armor and good base regen, so he is a great offlaner. The good stun, slow, bloodlust and multicast are icing on the cake.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    As of 6.82, Ogre became a very potent off-laner with some of the highest base regen in the game, and combined with his high starting health and armour, made him really quite tanky. Given that an aghs is essentially core on him regardless of role, he has two on-demand, high powered stuns that are sometimes capable of one-shotting or severely hurting targets.

This patch slightly reduces that burst damage, but most notably makes him more of a melee hero, which I think is fair.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    The WC3 Dota patches and stuff are not the same as the Dota 2 patches, Oracle was in WC3 Dota before Dota 2 despite the disparity in the version numbers.

All Illusions now deal 25% less damage to structures
    Melee and Ranged Barracks bounty reduced from 352-370 to 100-150
    Melee and Ranged Barracks now give 125 and 75 gold to each player, respectively
    That's a pretty big change, they hadn't changed that gold per rax for a very long time, I don't remember it ever changing tbh.
    Last edited by rockman29; 16-12-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Another bonus for ogre was that his stun was instant travel time, you can't blink dagger that shit.
    Excellent tank for tower diving as support in early game too (as mentioned, high health and armor).

Some pretty nice buffs there for some underplayed heroes, nothing that looks like "Oh this hero will now dominate", but some nice stuff (I still feel i.e. Chaos Knight would need a bit more but hey, at least something was gained).

Yeah, I'm glad to see small CK buffs. He hasn't really seemed viable lately.

It seems that Kunkka will require a bit more skill now, too. Previously, his X could be skilled at 2 or 3 points to land easy torrents/boats. It will pretty much always require an early X recall now, so it's okay that they removed the mana cost on that.

I'm not really sure why you'd bother building a blink dagger on Abaddon, but I'd imagine his shield skill falls under the blink "when taking no damage, isn't disabled" change.

Is the game really supposed to be 24 GB large now....

I like the buffs to CM, I like playing her, also the IO doesn't need to turn is hilarious :P

Ooooh and they buffed lesh, yum.

LS can now control infested unit, that's pretty cool.

Edit -

So apparently Dota on my laptop is 24 GB.... and on my desktop is 11 GB... not sure what's up there lol.
    Last edited by rockman29; 18-12-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    I'm not really sure why you'd bother building a blink dagger on Abaddon, but I'd imagine his shield skill falls under the blink "when taking no damage, isn't disabled" change.
    I thought that would include stuff like radiance burn but not sure, need to test.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    Is the game really supposed to be 24 GB large now....

So apparently Dota on my laptop is 24 GB.... and on my desktop is 11 GB... not sure what's up there lol.
    Make sure you've disabled the Workshop content on your desktop version. (right-click it and it's in one of the tabs, I think)

LS can now control infested unit, that's pretty cool.
    Even though I don't play much Lifey, this is probably my favorite hero change.

If Borrowed Time counts as "taking no damage" then I could see the value. Even at level 1 that gives you a full second to blink away before the it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    I thought that would include stuff like radiance burn but not sure, need to test.
    Let us know! I would assume radiance burn counts as damage. It seemed that they intended the change to make blink more viable on heroes with "shield-like" spells, like TA with refraction. Refraction prevented damage, but getting hit probably triggered the 3 sec blink reset.

Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    If Borrowed Time counts as "taking no damage" then I could see the value. Even at level 1 that gives you a full second to blink away before the it ends.
    Yeah, I guess so. I just don't know that building blink is worthwhile on a hero that doesn't stun. Even if you initiate with Abaddon to tank damage in a teamfight, he's probably not looking to blink out. So, better items could be built.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd rather make Force staff or Euls for Abaddon mobility as those can be used on allies or offensively as well.

Biggest improvement on the shield blink interaction is giving that to the real initiator (Tide & co.) so their initiation doesn't get fucked because some random damage tick stopped their blink and they ravage nothing.

Make sure you've disabled the Workshop content on your desktop version. (right-click it and it's in one of the tabs, I think)

Even though I don't play much Lifey, this is probably my favorite hero change.
    Yea I was fiddling around yesterday and found it, I had thought I deleted it, but did not uncheck that before. Must have redownloaded it, unchecked it now though and hurray 13 GB more space :P

Kind of sucks though, because custom games are such hard drive hogs, won't be the same environment as WC3 offered. Maps there were like max 10 MB and the base game included world edit, oh well. Won't have the same map making community as WC3 did if it requires so much space.

I miss world edit.