Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node

Ti4: Rps mega-thread!

No need to clutter the main thread with TI4 spam.

Heart says DK vs Navi grand final. Head says Alliance vs IG grand final.

Either way, a whole week of glorious doto.

Wildcard Play-Ins happen today and begin a little under 2h from this post.

Who are we expecting to win? To mirror khaz: My heart says Liquid, but my head says anyone else.

If I only had time to watch the games like last year. The conversations during the games were fun. Maybe I should get 'sick' or something.
    Well anyway, I'm still kind of excited to see how it turns out this year.
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Lesser Hivemind Node
    We need to do a RPS party watch. Where we watch matches and/or replays! Will be fun!

Network Hub
    mumble channel?

Network Hub
    Great games today. Possible spoilers: Was kinda hoping the underdog Koreans would win at the end but Liquid did a number on them. Nice to see Lycan get some play.

even though i want navi to win

1. ig
    2. dk
    3. alliance
    4 navi
    5 eg

As a newcomer to Dota I gotta say the Noob-stream with Purge and Sunsfan was brilliant. Stayed informative while still focusing on what was happening in the games.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    C9 and Liquid, what in the actual fuck!

I am pretty sad about how late the games go, damn you employment!
    \_(ツ)_/

Network Hub
    That fnatic vs. mouz game! The constant Batrider plays and that nigh invulnerable Alchemist going rapier at the end. NOTail, I had such hopes..

Great game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Wow. EU have had their asses handed to them this TI. I'm genuinely impressed with EG though.

Network Hub
    Yea, all the European teams are eliminated already.

EG is looking quite solid as you say, they've pulled off some excellent plays.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse View Post
    navi

inb4 they make it to the finals third time in a row

also im feeling real nice schadenfreude due to alliance elimination. their style of play is so boring to watch usually.
    Last edited by grasskit; 14-07-2014 at 07:45 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well the bigger problem is they turned into one trick ponies. I mean, every team banned NP+Io against them and Alliance had no answer.

VG are looking unstoppable right now. They're bulldozing everyone with virtually no opposition.

Ti4 has been great so far. Really shocked at the Alliance drop out. I'm a Dota noob in relative terms, can anyone pinpoint why they failed to put it together?

After their Naga split-push against Na'Vi I thought they might rally.

Super-enjoyed C9 Meepo last night!

Alliance failed because their pocket strat (global map presence, IO and/or nature's prophet) was banned, and their backup strats were not of the quality needed to beat other teams. The Bulldog-on-NP thing is what has pulled them back from a disadvantage on numerous occasions, and it was denied to them.

That's one part. The other part is that S4 usually plays high mobility play-maker heroes (like Puck, Storm, Batrider). He didn't this time, they took Razor often because that's the meta right now I guess. But a Razor does not allow you to punish mistakes severely like a Puck or a Bat does, and that's a big part of what creates the space for Bulldog to push on a Nature's Prophet. I also think their coordination in the teamfights (that they were now forced to take) wasn't as good.

That's my opinion on it, but I've been called wrong before on stuff like this.

all comes down to them being the best at executing a particular playstyle, was good enough for ti3, this ti not so much. teams need a lot more versatility which alliance evidently does not have, both in terms of strats, as well as playe roles/positions. furthermore a lot of the heroes that alliance liked to play got nerfed one way or another since last ti, plus changes to jungle and lane equilibrium have had an impact on them as well.

gotta hand it to bulldog though, he kind of reinvented NP with that blink no midas
    Last edited by grasskit; 14-07-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    That's my opinion on it, but I've been called wrong before on stuff like this.
    It's perfectly correct, Heroes like Razor hamstring S4 so much - not because he can't play him but they don't suit his style.

The buyback nerf following TI3 was the biggest problem for Alliance I think, They were winning fights 7v5 before because they were masters of using buyback.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse View Post

EG is looking quite solid as you say, they've pulled off some excellent plays.

Europe still has the two dark horses in Na'Vi and Cloud 9
    Last edited by SpecialSoup; 14-07-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Navi is a dimension of their own. You have absolutely no fucking clue with them.

C9 is a classic young team though; they still haven't ironed out class TMM mistakes of tunnel vision and not throwing.