Thread: DotA 2 reborn

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

DotA 2 reborn

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Pretty interesting! Looks like a good development for the game.
    Steam: Cephas00 | Planetside 2: Cephas00(VS) - CephasTheSecond(NC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I will not sleep on the floor. The fuck do you take me for? I teach students, I am not one.

There is an awful lot of extraneous shit that needs remodelling or cutting. Not sure if this'll actually make the game better but it needed doing at some point.

Obscure Node
    Custom game modes will help bring more variety. From what I saw in the Starcraft arcade they can bring some really interesting stuff.

http://www.dota2.com/reborn/part2/ Part two has been posted now, Overthrow looks like a fun custom game and something that would be perfect for me as I struggle to find the time to play full games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Downloaded the Beta client, it's still very unfinished, can't do a lot in in it, resolution seems to be lower, can't equip cosmetic items or do Compendium stuff. Wouldn't use it to play games with just yet.
    Do we put that on a game that says that there are people falling out of windows and when they hit the ground we kill them and we say that is a Fallout and they are falling out of cars

Obscure Node
    So you can actually play from the beta against other people using the different engine?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You play with people in same beta I think.

God damn custom game lobbys though, tried to play Overthrow for half an hour without getting into the actual game.

I've just been making lobbies with the title '10/10 INSTANT READY' and I get a game going in about 40 seconds. Shame people fail to load in a fair bit.
    \_(ツ)_/

That bug is patched in today's update.

I've had a couple of CTD's, and it seems you can't even look at the workshop from it yet (the buttons are disabled), otherwise the in-game stuff doesn't actually look any different to dota2?

Obscure Node
    I wouldnt play normal games inside Reborn yet. The custom map modes are good fun. Overwatch is great for that 30 mins you dont have time for a full game.

Everything in regards to custom game modes seems working so far; now if there was just an option to search for lobbies under a certain Ping. As fun as Skillshot Wars is with a horrendous amount of lag, I'd rather there be an option to ensure playing without that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There is, sort of. Click on the connection tab to sort games via ping when looking through the lobby list.

I want to see ping in dota 2 reborn, does anyone can help me ?

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    There is, sort of. Click on the connection tab to sort games via ping when looking through the lobby list.
    I did try that and yet still found myself joining games with an amount of lag. Perhaps it is the host's PC simply not being powerful enough to process the game? In any case I've been hosting games these days and thankfully seem to be able to deliver games without lag.

Quote Originally Posted by ducminh131193 View Post
    I want to see ping in dota 2 reborn, does anyone can help me ?
    Typing "-ping" into chat (in-game Dota chat) may still bring it up like it does in the original Dota 2 Client, however in one of the recent Reborn patches they added a new feature; in the options menu, under a Network Settings section and I apologize I can't remember exactly where, there should be an option to show a simplified Net Graph overlay on your screen which seems to have replaced the old, more complex, Net Graph you could enable with console commands, which will show FPS and Ping. It was added below the area you specify if your Network speed is Low or High.

no i mean, the ping of the sever when we are in main menu, not in game man. In the old cilent we have it when click into the sever