Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Rock, Paper, Dota2

UPDATED 02/07/13

Looking for admins/officers/dictators! Contact me if you are interested...

Here's the essential info about the RPS DOTA2 group:

To Do:

• Get more members
    • Organise Events
    • Setup a couple of 5man teams
    • Train, get a logo and subscribe in a tournament?
    • Take over the world

I suggest serious discussions concerning events, team building, coaching and everything else happen in this thread. The old one is too diluted.
    Last edited by Hunchback; 02-07-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenas. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

Activated Node
    I would have suggested you name the thread Rock, Paper, Ragequit or something along those lines but ah well..

Perhaps we should start by scheduling a weekly event in steam group. Judging from memberlist Thursday and Saturday evenings seem like good choices, lets move forward on making those events and set some stuff up? Some fun IH games, if less people show up we can have some coaching sessions with bots or whatever activity suits the people we have.

Network Hub
    Hooray! Good initiative. And perfect timing:

As I said in the other thread, I really want this community to grow. So let's schedule an event right now for tomorrow, Thursday 2nd August at 8pm UK time (GMT+1 at the moment due to summer time).

This will be added to the Steam group later today, either when I get home, or when some enterprising soul who's not at work adds it on their own.

What the event will be is entirely dependent on you guys. If 5 beginners show up, we'll throw ourselves against bots and laugh at how terrible we are. If a few experienced players show up, then we can form up in a party and go pubstomping while you all laugh at how terrible I am. And if we get enough people appearing, then we can have some organized 5vs5 games.

I'd also recommend someone schedules something for early next week (since tomorrow is very short notice), but I can't commit to coming to that.

Network Hub
    I'm speaking on Gerbil's (or Jurbil's?) behalf, but I'm pretty sure he's opened up his mumble channel to RPS dota players - that might be info worth adding. I won't post the details just in case though

Activated Node
    I set up an steam event: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPS...41690877436811

I do feel like I managed to fook up the event start time, are those times steam times or what? Anyway it should be easily fixed by someone capable of such magics.

Quote Originally Posted by vee41 View Post
    I set up an steam event: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPS...41690877436811

I do feel like I managed to fook up the event start time, are those times steam times or what? Anyway it should be easily fixed by someone capable of such magics.
    According to the event creation dialogue:

"
    Events are specified in your local time."
    So just use the time you would like the event to start in YOUR timezone and it will be shown with the correct time for others.
    Last edited by Hunchback; 01-08-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenas. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback View Post
    According to the event creation dialogue:

"
    Events are specified in your local time."
    So just use the time you would like the event to start in YOUR timezone and it will be shown with the correct time for others.
    Good stuff, SHOULD show up properly to you all then. Nice to see events popping up!

Just make sure to be in the ingame chatroom, it's the best way to coordinate...
    --

Activated Node
    You should also edit the steam groups description with relevant info (this thread, in game chat channel, the fact that most stuff will be organized through that chat).

Hm, i can't seen to edit the group info, even though i am an admin now... Guess only the creator can change that.
    --

Network Hub
    So 5 newbie folk got together to go attack the matchmaking ladder last night. That was the most hilarious 2 games of DOTA I have ever had, and I cannot wait to do it again.

Highlights included:
    - Communal panic in Mumble in the opening seconds of the first game when we realised we were in Single Draft mode
    - Our desperate attempts to score a kill on Pudge at the end of the first game, which failed so miserably that I collapsed in hysterical laughter, and my wife stole my headset to ask the group to please stop killing her husband
    - "Blood Bastard"
    - Actually pulling stuff together and doing reasonably well in the second match. We still lost, but it felt like things were working more, and it was still an awesome time

Activated Node
    Hey ! I'm in.

uh actually i've been in for quite a time. So is this any active now ? (btw, steam account : vivlo). I won't probably play with mumble, nor on Old Continent hours in the following days, but i'm very willing to take part to any activity later ! Playing with a prepared team is the only way to at last go for that damned Roshan with a level 1 Ursa :>
    Last edited by vivlo; 02-08-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    So 5 newbie folk got together to go attack the matchmaking ladder last night. That was the most hilarious 2 games of DOTA I have ever had, and I cannot wait to do it again.

Highlights included:
    - Communal panic in Mumble in the opening seconds of the first game when we realised we were in Single Draft mode
    - Our desperate attempts to score a kill on Pudge at the end of the first game, which failed so miserably that I collapsed in hysterical laughter, and my wife stole my headset to ask the group to please stop killing her husband
    - "Blood Bastard"
    - Actually pulling stuff together and doing reasonably well in the second match. We still lost, but it felt like things were working more, and it was still an awesome time
    Yeah, this was really great. Second match there was a period where I had the blink dagger, and me and Coccyx were goin' round, gankin' noobs where I think we both felt like the most badass people in the world; unfortunately they got wise to it and it all started to go wrong.

Damn Pudge.

Coccyx, did you get any footage? I'm not sure of your youtube channel, unfortunately, but it might be a good advertisement for people who worry DOTA is too elite for them.

I might be around this evening, depending on how the day pans out; don't wait up, anyway.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    Yeah, this was really great. Second match there was a period where I had the blink dagger, and me and Coccyx were goin' round, gankin' noobs where I think we both felt like the most badass people in the world; unfortunately they got wise to it and it all started to go wrong.

Damn Pudge.

Coccyx, did you get any footage? I'm not sure of your youtube channel, unfortunately, but it might be a good advertisement for people who worry DOTA is too elite for them.

I might be around this evening, depending on how the day pans out; don't wait up, anyway.
    Sounds like jolly good time was had by everyone. Too bad I missed or we might have got beaten even more... Ah well, probably can't make it tonight either so I'll be ready to get owned Saturday afternoon. Playing as a team (organized or not) is the way to go in DOTA.

Network Hub
    Those matches yesterday were my first ones without someone experienced telling us what to do. All things considered, I'd say they went rather well! There's something to be said for trying to figure stuff out rather than just ask - especially when in the middle of a tense match.

Rakysh, I should be able to watch the replay and just fraps that -but without the coms it might lack something. Next time we've 5 beginners playing together, I'll be sure to record

Hi there! I'd love to play with you guys. I'm usually on Dota 2 in the evenings and nights (+4:30 GMT, so late morning and afternoon if you're in the UK).

In the Steam Group I should show up as Thedoodabides.

Whoever created the steam group - please update the group info page with the info from the OP here.
    --

Obscure Node
    This sounds like a lot of fun, any chance of some inhouse games tonight or tomorrow? I've joined the steam group as Solaris

Activated Node
    Hopefully so, we'll be probably looking to get a some sort of group going almost every night. Just sit tight and hang around at in game chat room so we can set stuff up!

Last night 10 summoners cried IRL after being humiliated by our team of mad-skilled 5! Well, maybe it was MrRixter who did the most owning, but the point is that owning was given on a major scale.

Had a lot of fun too!

P.S. Everyone should get their mumble working, if you are having trouble connecting - make sure you are using the latest version.
    --