Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    As soon as i get my betakey, I will be sure to join you guys and hopefully not be as terrible as i think i will be, given my experience with LoL on an most amateurish competitive level.

If anyone would be willing to help me get going whenever i get my betakey, i would appreciate it greatly!

Network Hub
    Just to let you know, a beta key costs about 5$ (2 chest keys will get you an invite).

If you are coming from LoL, you WILL be terrible, believe me

The game is theoretically the same, but in reality it's really quite different. I had a rough time adapting...
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenas. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

Went ahead and added my name to the roster. Anyone up for a game in the next few hours?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I am terrible but I'd to join as well, I'm pretty new at this so I''ll just be testing out several heroes.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

I've been wanting to play this for ages but literally nobody I know plays it - they're all long term LoL players and don't want to learn a new set of everything x_x

I've taken the liberty of adding myself to the rooster and joining the group. Feel free to drop me a steam message after 8ish and I may well be about, I have the Mumbles.

I should add that if there was a level below beginner, that is where I should be. Like, pre-beginner.

Make sure to drop by the in-game chat channel, it's the best way to find game partners on the fly.
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenas. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengart View Post
    Just to let you know, a beta key costs about 5$ (2 chest keys will get you an invite).
    Umm, i bought the 2 chest keys, how do i get the invite?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by AsimBa View Post
    Umm, i bought the 2 chest keys, how do i get the invite?
    You need to trade with someone. Here is a place to start: http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/

I guess waiting to get a key or for the game to finally release must be a horror story, but still... it's amusing how much cash Valve are making from a completely free to play game, that's still in BETA. ^_^
    --

Activated Node
    Well, I finally figured out that Reddit thing, so now I'm just hoping for the best!

Thanks for the help guys!

Network Hub
    I really want to play that game when it's released. It's a beautiful game. But if it's anything like e.g. the Bloodline Champion community, I fear that I'll give up playing when I get tired of "Nooob, you retard" insults... but if there's a strong RPS community to play with then I'll be happy.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    I really want to play that game when it's released. It's a beautiful game. But if it's anything like e.g. the Bloodline Champion community, I fear that I'll give up playing when I get tired of "Nooob, you retard" insults... but if there's a strong RPS community to play with then I'll be happy.
    I know what you mean, dude. That's why we have a RPS community
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    It is pretty much like that. But you can always play more relaxed matches of 5 vs bots. There are rarely any kind of insults thrown around in those and they can be pretty fun too!

I never understood the point of bot matches, except if you really just wonna try a new hero and don't care to go all the way and finish a game. Otherwise one could just as well try a hero in random 5v5, which is not ranked or anything... just gotta swallow the "Noob, you suck flaming monkey balls" or more like some random crap in Russian, considering the current Dota2 population.

The MOBA type games take waaay to long to finish a game for it to interesting for me to play versus bots. I believe the most interesting part of the game is out-smarting our out-playing your enemies all the while hating them and gloating like a demon when you win.
    --

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengart View Post
    That is disgusting.
    *has an invite and doesn't play it*
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Heretic!
    --

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback View Post
    Heretic!
    If hating MOBA/DOTA/LAPD Futurecop's incompetent clones is wrong? I don't want to be right.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback View Post
    I never understood the point of bot matches, except if you really just wonna try a new hero and don't care to go all the way and finish a game. Otherwise one could just as well try a hero in random 5v5, which is not ranked or anything... just gotta swallow the "Noob, you suck flaming monkey balls" or more like some random crap in Russian, considering the current Dota2 population.

The MOBA type games take waaay to long to finish a game for it to interesting for me to play versus bots. I believe the most interesting part of the game is out-smarting our out-playing your enemies all the while hating them and gloating like a demon when you win.
    Well you said it: Most of us don't really want that flaming stuff. It's just... stupid and pointless. I'll rather play with bots that are silent, and only a bit more simple than your average pub player

Shall we start shaping up the "Pro"-team?
    --