Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    That's what the ignore function is for. Use it liberally. My ignore list in hon is well over 150 people. During my dota1 days that ignore lost probably stretched to +500. Dota2 to its credit seems to have significantly less morons than its forebears but they're still there.

Just put them on ignore the moment they have you thinking or playing unlike your usual self. I've been guilty of losing it on occasion. I remember this one game with magmus (sand king) who was truly awful. As in, genuinely garbage. I utterly lost it but in hindsight that was wrong and I should have just put him on ignore and continued my own game. Flaming him affected my game too and chances are he was just having a terrible game; I've had plenty of shit games myself.

For the most part I deal with Luna style players by flat out ignoring them and just playing my game. If they insist on being even more stupid then they go on my actual ignore list.

Network Hub
    Most def, she was the problem. I've had a couple of games with overconfident loudmouths and it's quite grating Just have to accept it in pub games and if it gets really bad the mute button is always here to help. I enjoy your diaries btw
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

As if the universe has its own self-correcting mechanism for dota2, today's lunch break game was one of the worst I've ever played. Just utterly horrid. Much of the blame goes toward me, since I had Drow mid and got dominated. At first, I wasn't getting the timing of her shots right, since they were slower than I had remembered. So, not many denials and not a ton of last hits. Shadow Fiend had too much going for him. Then I got ganked when nobody called. Then I continued to be mediocre, and our team followed suit. Ganked again when Pudge pulled me from the ridge. Just...wow. It's the kind of game where the disappointment in my own performance melds together with a "wut" face in regard to my own team, leaving me not wanting to touch the game for a few days. Just... argh.

If nothing else, I was able to observe the enemy Pudge's great positioning. After landing a few good hooks, he had me terrified to get anywhere near him. I think that was part of the problem, really... Our team had no initiators, too many carries, and I kept being the one they were aiming for since our team did nothing but back off. They had pudge closest to us, so either I had to back off or get within hook gank range. It worked both ways at different times. :\

Oh well. At least my new monitor comes today, so that should be fun.

Network Hub
    I got home, turned on the PC to find out I had no internet connection (posting this at work)...

So turns out we have no net or phone connection at the moment but its ok BT said they will bother to look at it within the next 5 working days... My bets on the demolition work 2 doors down of a big ye olde school having hit a wire or something.

Long story short, gg BT :'(

So far I've cleaned the kitchen, shopped for the whole week, caught up on all the TV I was behind on, planned a cinema trip for tomorrow and had an early night... Most productive I've ever been and I owe it all to the.. oh god who am I kidding, with no internet I am a shambling mess :'(

On another note: Trying to organise a new dota team is turning out to be fun, no one is free on the same day lol. Still, team: "Slark Stole My Bicycle" has been born. I'll try to inform on our success or more likely; giant failure in the future.
    Last edited by DenieD; 17-04-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: For some dota stuff to be added.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Losing your internet connection is an omen; it's telling you not to play with the team, otherwise something terrible will happen to you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Set blinders to "farm."

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Losing your internet connection is an omen; it's telling you not to play with the team, otherwise something terrible will happen to you.
    lol maybe, maybe... T-Minus 3 days now until they said they would "look" at it... god knows when it'll get fixed, hopefully then :S

Once thats done I can give some news on our exploits

To fix the Heroes type imbalances couldn't valve limit the number of carries aloud on a team? Kind of like the class limits on some TF2 servers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    To fix the Heroes type imbalances couldn't valve limit the number of carries aloud on a team? Kind of like the class limits on some TF2 servers.
    http://siyobik.info.gf/misc/dota2/

3-4-5 carries team have a lower win % through all player tiers. Now, noobs be noobs.
    Last edited by pakoito; 19-04-2013 at 07:15 PM.

I guess today's patch screwed things up for a bit. The menu and matchmaking options weren't going anywhere, I couldn't view profiles, etc.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 19-04-2013 at 08:22 PM.

I haven't played the newly-released Skywrath Mage yet, but our solo mid used him to dominate in my lunch game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    I haven't played the newly-released Skywrath Mage yet, but our solo mid used him to dominate in my lunch game.
    I haven't seen or played him at all, hes posterior to when I left D1, but AFAIK a Nerubian or Pugna in the game shut him down in such a way you'd better just repick.

He's squishy as hell and yeah, Pugna and Nyx (who I assume is Nerubian?) can eat him for breakfast without blinking. Actually, I imagine any half-decent ganker can make his life hell on earth.
    His Strength grow is very low and his Agility grow is almost non-existant at 0.8 per level. He only has 2 meager points of natural armour at level 16.

He does have a rather huge nuking capability though, specially since his ult's CD is 60/40/20.

Playing Alchemist versus Skywrath is misery.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Playing Alchemist versus Skywrath is misery.
    How come? Alchemist has more health, armour and right-click damage, plus a range stun, all you have to do is get close and start beating his shit.

Shadow Blade -> Stun -> RAEPTIEM

Obscure Node
    I've played him a lot now, most success as a hard support, but except for one game neither Pugna nor NA has caused any issues. When it comes to Pugna you just gotta accept that if you are in range of nether ward you are not ulting, EVER, without bkb of course. NA isn't that big of a deal unless he roams to your lane early or catch you unprepared. Later on he won't hit much harder on you than others provided you avoid heavy int items.

When it comes to builds I've been very successful with Atos, bloodstone, force staff, arcanes and ghost scepter. I also like to think that because I'm a hard support, (which means any of these items are pure luxury) it's ok if I don't have the biggest impact in fights, though he often has.

Not that I play a lot of Alch, but I don't usually get Shadow Blade. I suppose that would be a good countermeasure.

Skywrath kept popping out of the forest and silencing me when I was trying to chase down survivors with my Unstable Concoction. Obviously you can't throw it with a 6s silence on your head, the damage amp makes you hurt yourself more, and then you're a sitting duck for his ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by safewood View Post
    NA isn't that big of a deal unless he roams to your lane early or catch you unprepared. Later on he won't hit much harder on you than others provided you avoid heavy int items.
    It't not so much how hard he hits, but rather how little HP and armour you have. Unless you've already got some big HP booster (Atos, Soul Booster or something of the like) he might not even need to get a Dagon to kill you from 100% HP; Vendetta, stun, mana burn, you're dead.
    And even if you don't get a lot of int items, he still as a hefty 3.2 int growth.

Obscure Node
    Well, unless the nyx has a lot of levels on you, I reckon a couple stick charges with the slow would be enough to get away, and this is speaking from own experiences.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by safewood View Post
    Well, unless the nyx has a lot of levels on you, I reckon a couple stick charges with the slow would be enough to get away, and this is speaking from own experiences.
    As a Nyx player I would say it's doubtful that Skywrath is getting away from you at all unless he is standing on an sentry ward as you approach and can silence you then slow you and run. Nyx doesn't announce himself to the enemy til its way to late for them to do ought about it

So I did a bit of theoryingggg....

If both Nyx and Skywrath are lvl 11 and neither has much in the way of items (the more items either gets the more it tends to benefit Nyx wierdly) Nyx attacking from his ultimate doing the normal combo of:

lvl 2 Vendetta hit (Base dmg of 90-94 + 400 for vendetta, Skywrath has basically bugger all armour so not worth factoring in much here).
    Then lvl 4 Stun (260 dmg -25% for magic armour = 195)
    Then a hit (90-94)
    Then Mana Burn (lvl doesn't matter, dmg is the same at all levels - (5*Skywraths Int)*075, Skywrath base Int at lvl 11 is 59 + allowing for him to have a bracer that takes him to 62 Int = 233dmg after armour reduction). Skywrath will also lose over 300 mana everytime this is cast on him, ow.

Total dmg of around 972dmg.

If Skywrath was at max hp at this point he'd have 910max hp with a bracer (I'm assuming Nyx has no items at all here that improve his dmg).

If for some wierd reason you don't kill him (literally the more items involved here the worse this becomes for Skywrath) any spell cast at Nyx other than Silence/Amp will stun Skywrath again from Spiked Carapace, if you amp him first you just amped yourself basically...

Assuming that Skywrath at this point had some more items just leads to more dmg on mana burn and Nyx will be closer to that Dagon. Imagining that Skywrath has 1 bracer, Rod of Atos and a set of boots your adding 100 dmg onto mana burn and Dagon is cheaper than Atos for Nyx giving him another 300dmg burst.
    Last edited by DenieD; 23-04-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: I'm a massive nerd and just theory crafted this out :S