Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    And that's why I avoid All Random like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    And that's why I avoid All Random like the plague.
    Did I mention that the enemy had 3 ranged, and one of them was Sniper? gg

I've had it in my solo queue parameters for a while and it seems to speed things up. Other than that, you never know what you'll get.

The main reason diffusal is good on CK for the same reason it's good on Naga and PL (and part of the same reason that Manta is good on AntiMage): illusions stack manaburn.

The stats are actually pretty good for him for him. His crit steroid benefits from the additional agility (== attack speed) quite a bit, and his mana pool is small enough to love the bonus intelligence. The ability to purge debuffs whilst bkb/manta are on cooldown, purge enemy buffs and slow the heroes that can outrun him (LUNAAAAAAAAAAA) are all big bonuses. Also: mana burn ruins the likes of earthshaker, sven and dazzle.

It's a bit of a situational pickup compared to armlet, but much better for him than many other heroes.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Do people keep forgetting that the mana burn done by diffusal is also done as physical damage?

Additionally, I dislike satanic on ck even with cuirass as he doesn't generate enough attack speed for me to make full use of the item and his illusions dont benefit fully from it either. Heart is simply superior in every department for him and his illusions. I loathe getting items on heroes that don't synergise with their abilities. He is the only hero in the game that can generate illusions with 100% damage so you want to maximise their damage and tanking - therefore, heart.

In an ideal game my item build would be treads, magic wand, drums, armlet/diffusal, bkb. Damage/tank/manta (for ultra cheese pushing factor) after that as per game requirements. Diffusal is situational yes but just do not underestimate the item on him.

Also:

http://i.imgur.com/npRcXlo.jpg
    Last edited by khaz; 21-05-2013 at 06:39 AM.

So Synderen and a couple of guys did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK12...ature=youtu.be

(Warning, it requires a certain degree of knowledge of the professional and casting community to understand).

My sides.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Further adventures in Captain's Mode: They picked KotL and PL. I picked Gyro, Mortred, ES, Warlock and Magnus.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Further adventures in Captain's Mode: They picked KotL and PL. I picked Gyro, Mortred, ES, Warlock and Magnus.
    Yup thats well drafted from you imo

Also if you have anyone that can play her Medusa is an hilarious counter to PL :P

It feels like Magnus has been in every TI3 game I've watched, and that's like 30 matches...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Because he's insane. Always has been.

I was there when they first buffed his wave to cost only 90 mana. It's been a nonstop ride of awesomeness since then.

One of my all time favourite dota moments is playing with two friends. Me on Magnus, one on puck and the other on Kunkaa.

Scourge is pushing mid as 5 after they killed two of our guys.

Me: "Lexie, avina, I got ulti, let's go."

Lexie: "OK."
    Avina: "Cool."

Empower self, blink, ulti, wave, 2 hits, puck orb, silence, torrent, ghost ship of doom, tidebringer.

Instant wipe. Much satisfaction on vent.
    Last edited by khaz; 22-05-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Magnus is insane and unless you're up against a puck or someone that can easily dodge/deny damage from your shockwave, it's very hard to lose the midlane.
    Get to level 3, get bottle, spam Q, harvest tears from the enemy midlaner.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Magnus is disgusting. Right at the point where other support casters/gankers fall off.. Free damage buffs and BFs for everyone!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Anyone watching MITH vs. Rising Stars?

Clutch shackle and impale. All around good match and good wisp plays. Any reason why the glowing ball of support isn't a popular pickup in the east?

DK. Jesus.
    Last edited by khaz; 23-05-2013 at 04:07 PM.

I heard about game 1 and saw game 2 of that matchup. I'll avoid spoilers, but It's nice to see matches that aren't stomps.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    What East Qualifier series are worth watching? Stomps aren't fun (unless BIG PLAYS ლ(ಠ益ಠლ BUT AT WHAT COST) and I already have 25 matches under my courier's belt.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    What East Qualifier series are worth watching? Stomps aren't fun (unless BIG PLAYS ლ(ಠ益ಠლ BUT AT WHAT COST) and I already have 25 matches under my courier's belt.
    The RSTARS vs Mith series from today. I'm new to following the competitive scene, but they're the most entertaining matches of the East Quals, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Go away you big troll :Kappa:

I'd pretty much suggest anything commentated by Merlini. Even if the action may not have been that good, you can't go wrong with 'lini.

Also, avoid commentary by Aui_2000. He's good and knows his shit, but dear god, he's dreadful to listen to. I've read people calling him Auitism_2000 and it sounds just about right.
    Last edited by Rauten; 23-05-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks to those who I played with today! (Fat Pidgeon, Pirate PL and some other names I'm not recalling)

It's always fun to see how the 100-500 winners play. It was a closer game than it should've been, with with us not getting that bottom 'rax sooner, but I won't lie ... I liked that bit of suspense.

Network Hub
    Well last night we stumbled upon a pretty harsh combo...

Treant 1 lane with a semi carry that can farm a bit... Solo lane (safe if possible but it doesnt really matter) Dragon Knight.

Good luck doing ANYthing to a Dragon knight with lvl 4 dragons blood and lvl 4 living armour on. Grabbed a helm of the dominator early on and at that point you are really hard to lane against as you just walk towards them and punch them to death.

Am interested to see how it fares against different lanes but solo Dragon Knight vs Spirit Breaker didn't go all that well for Spirit Breaker.

The game before that we got the combo pulled vs us and our 2 players couldnt do anything to him (although our lanes were very weak that game).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You think that's a harsh combo?

I ran into the only all melee trilane I have ever seen in my 9 years of DotA1, HoN and DotA2 some months ago on a SEA server. The lane? Omni, Jug and Treant.

We couldn't do ANYTHING. Seriously, absolutely nothing. Juggernaut was unstoppable for obvious reasons. They obliterated our tower in 6 minutes and the entire lane in 14.

As you can imagine we lost that game hard.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    You think that's a harsh combo?

I ran into the only all melee trilane I have ever seen in my 9 years of DotA1, HoN and DotA2 some months ago on a SEA server. The lane? Omni, Jug and Treant.

We couldn't do ANYTHING. Seriously, absolutely nothing. Juggernaut was unstoppable for obvious reasons. They obliterated our tower in 6 minutes and the entire lane in 14.

As you can imagine we lost that game hard.
    Our first loss in the last bedlam tourni was to a team that ran Nyx Juggernaut and Leshrac together on an aggressive trilane... man it was painful.