Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Had my first ixdl game with an amazing line up. Kotl / PL / Shadow demon top, invoker mid, clockwerk bottom. (Dire side)

It was absolutely impossible for the other team to lane against our tri. Our PL got completely undisrupted free farm and once we took tower advantage it was a one way slope.

The first words our captain said were 'Don't fuck up. This combination is 7-0'. It's a friendly place, ixdl.
    Last edited by SpecialSoup; 26-05-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    ixdl open or ixdl invitational?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    ixdl open or ixdl invitational?
    Open.

I'm nowhere near invitational level right now.

Ugh.

I'm in another one of those slumps where it feels like the matchmaking deities are conspiring against me. I'll have several good matches (win or loss), sometimes even a few wins in a row, and then BAM ... four losses in a row. Last night's was so frustratingly close, too, and dragged on for too long. Plus, I was our only hard support as Dark Seer, since Timbersaw insisted that "no - Timbersaw killer ^.^". It also didn't help that they had 3 good stunners.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    Ugh.

I'm in another one of those slumps where it feels like the matchmaking deities are conspiring against me. I'll have several good matches (win or loss), sometimes even a few wins in a row, and then BAM ... four losses in a row. Last night's was so frustratingly close, too, and dragged on for too long. Plus, I was our only hard support as Dark Seer, since Timbersaw insisted that "no - Timbersaw killer ^.^". It also didn't help that they had 3 good stunners.
    Meh I never support Timbersaw either but tbh I play him as if he was a semi carry :P

Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    Meh I never support Timbersaw either but tbh I play him as if he was a semi carry :P
    He was doing a better job dealing damage than I would have with TS, but we were still having a tough time. I guess nobody else was buying support stuff anyway, so I was still hosed. We had Sven, Necrolyte, Centaur Warrunner and Timbersaw.

I think our biggest issue was our heavy hitters being overconfident. Every time we'd score a gank or win a teamfight, somebody would overextend and screw up our push. We took their top 'rax and our Timber prematurely said 'gg'. (Ugh, I hate that!) So, then we didn't capitalize on the momentum to pressure more lanes, and it became a back & forth slug fest that we gradually lost.

So, what's the consensus on the support thing? If nobody else wants to buy the items (or can't afford to since they're all carry-ish), is it unreasonable to ask someone else to help out? This wasn't the issue that screwed us, but I felt like it kept me from building anything useful for 2/3 of the match.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 04-06-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    He was doing a better job dealing damage than I would have with TS, but we were still having a tough time. I guess nobody else was buying support stuff anyway, so I was still hosed. We had Sven, Necrolyte, Centaur Warrunner and Timbersaw.

I think our biggest issue was our heavy hitters being overconfident. Every time we'd score a gank or win a teamfight, somebody would overextend and screw up our push. We took their top 'rax and our Timber prematurely said 'gg'. (Ugh, I hate that!) So, then we didn't capitalize on the momentum to pressure more lanes, and it became a back & forth slug fest that we gradually lost.

So, what's the consensus on the support thing? If nobody else wants to buy the items (or can't afford to since they're all carry-ish), is it unreasonable to ask someone else to help out? This wasn't the issue that screwed us, but I felt like it kept me from building anything useful for 2/3 of the match.
    Oh god, offensive GG, horrid.. not a fan!

Well, I had another loss on my lunch break game. (5 in a row, yeeeaaah!) At least I got to play a hero that I like (Disruptor), and our team made a decent attempt at turning the game around. We did such a job of it that everyone agreed to commend each other. That sounds kind of silly, but it says something when your losing pub team agrees to do that. We managed to win several key teamfights, but they outcarried us in the end.

So, yeah... I think matchmaking just wants to make sure that my win rate stays as close to 1:1 as possible.

I lost 9 in a row once. I was getting desperate by the end, even though it's just one of those things.

Current Racecar Doom Sightings since the bigpatch: one (out of two games)

My worst loss-streak seems to be 6, but if we disregard the single victory I had between two streaks it's 10. Yeesh.

Also, the new patch and amount of racecar Dooms is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Also, the new patch and amount of racecar Dooms is crazy.
    Haven't seen one yet, but that's what I hear!

Also, Timbersaw finally has the INT pool to use his abilities in a meaningful way! Yeah, sure--*really* good Timber players could do that before, but now he works for the rest of us.

Hey guys, what happened to the mumble server? It says connection refused now
    Steam

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Anyone see Fnatic finally picking up Meepo in a comp game? Its like a textbook game of Meepo. Even with the poor start he had farm wise, he got levels. And proceeded to wipe Dire's face into the ground by late game. The poof factor was high.

N0tail's xpm at end of game: 1008

ONE THOUSAND AND EIGHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-_mLMSbbMw - Semifinal of TPL too!

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    N0tail's xpm at end of game: 1008

ONE THOUSAND AND EIGHT
    Yup, N0tail's one of the best micro-ers on the scene. And it's not the first time he picks Meepo, either. It's rare, very rare, but every now and then they roll with it.

if the rumours are true, soon my wothless dota invites will be even more worthless

http://i.imgur.com/7hEFmvf.png

Yeah. I hope they release Mac & Linux versions shortly after.

It's still Valve, so the release will probably coincide with next visit of Halley's Comet.

Also, hooray for double posts.

The new update apparently broke pinging on the ground(!), and the only way to restore it is to restart the client.

Also, hooray for double posts.

The new update apparently broke pinging on the ground(!), and the only way to restore it is to restart the client.
    It did that to me once or twice, after big lag spikes. It comes back after a while though.
    Steam

<cheapshot> Clearly, this game is ready for release! </cheapshot>