Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Ok so, the RPS Dota 2 guild "Rock, Paper, Stun Now!" has been created! To be invited, hang out in the RPS channel on dota or mumble. Try to find me or Hunchback
    Steam

sweet, toss me an invite when ur on. i too, can help out with inviting others if needed.
    Gesadt on steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    You have to be online to be invited, I believe, so you NEED to check either the ingame channel or mumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    You have to be online to be invited, I believe, so you NEED to check either the ingame channel or mumble.
    This. Need to get you in the RPS channel so we can add you.
    Steam

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    So, other than a guild chat channel and guild party stuff, nothing else has been implemented yet, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Don't think so, no.

Network Hub
    SSMB got through to the knock outs in the Absolute Bedlam Tourni

Next it looks like we play "DooM" which is sure to be a tough set of games (BO3), they looked strong in qualifying.

Has anyone been watching the tourni?

(Also btw, the recruitment thread is open, we need 2 subs!)

Just a quick shout out: got the immortal pudge hook for my compendium item and I'm looking to trade for the immortal Kunkka sword from the compendium.

If anyone wants to do that trade just send me a PM through these forums!

I got the cauldron.

Oh well.

I'd like to join the guild, but I have no idea when anyone who recruits is online, let alone whether you're still recruiting? If you aren't, excuse my ignorance.
    Last edited by Wyhx; 03-08-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Hop on to Rock Paper Shotgun-channel and say there you'd like to join, someone hopefully knows the recruites.

On another note, has anyone managed to get the X360 working while spectating matches? I simply can't get any kind of response, even after executing joy_spectate.cfg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Hop on to Rock Paper Shotgun-channel and say there you'd like to join, someone hopefully knows the recruites.
    I tried that. There's a few people in the channel, but noone is saying anything and I don't get a response no matter what I say. Am I doing something wrong? (Also, excuse my poor english.)

Try again in a few hours, when the International games are running, there surely some people there then.
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

More people, but still no talking or responses whatsoever. I'm pretty sure I'm in the right channel. I'll try to post a screenshot when I figure out how.

Okay, nevermind, seems I'm just online when the inviters aren't.

FWIW, I haven't actually done much with guild members. The time difference can make it tough, but it's also tough when you're much lower in the matchmaking tier than long-time players.

I used to try grouping up with RPSers over Mumble, but it's really more frustrating than anything. I had one or two decent games, but I mostly feel like I'm dragging them down. It's frustrating for me to have so much expected, and I'm sure it's frustrating for them that I won't automatically do things they do by habit. That's not to make them sound bad, though -- they were pretty patient with me.

I did catch a good game or two with someone who appeared to be closer to my MMR rating. So, I've got that going for me ... which is nice.

I have no idea what my MMR is at to be honest. Anyone know how to figure that out?
    Here's my resume if that helps: http://dotabuff.com/players/93087937.

Just got an invite, ignore everything I said Looking forward to playing with actually competent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyhx View Post
    I have no idea what my MMR is at to be honest. Anyone know how to figure that out?
    Here's my resume if that helps: http://dotabuff.com/players/93087937.
    I don't either. Win counts aren't a real metric for skill, but I think they're a factor when it's a huge difference of hundreds of wins. The games when my 40ish-win-self (back then it was more like 15-20) gets tossed in with 500s are often not fun. That's how it was with the RPS guys, and I suspect it was equally frustrating for them.

Maybe all of my problems would be solved by never playing coop bot again. Confirm/deny?

Seriously, though ... it's a convenient & predictable way to play dota2, but I realize it's carebear mode.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 06-08-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Activated Node
    You can sort of check your own MMR by going to the watch tab, recent games and in the filters, type your name in and then check if your games are in the very high, high or normal skill brackets. Until Valve does something to make it visible it's the only way to have a general idea.