Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1329
    Yeah. I've seen a handful of players with MMR over 4k, but it's mostly us filthy casuals.

Also, I don't play many games with the guild, but I enjoy hanging around it. (takes longer to assemble a team than it does to queue up with one or two RL buds)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Yea the only problem I have with the guild is that it's hard to start a game for me at least. I don't really know what time people play, and most are from EU and I'm not.

Sometimes you get a 5-man together with comms and everything within minutes, sometimes you give up after an hour.
    We need an International every week, there were always people during that
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:
    "By ignorance the truth is known" -Henry Suso

What is the average MMR of the RPS lot?

I run around 3500 in solo queues.

Network Hub
    I think i were about 3.5k as well, though not sure if the ~dozen games i've played solo ranked is enough for the system to really find my place so might be going up or down still.

I just lost mid as viper vs invoker. We were equal on denies, but he killed me once at maybe ~10 mins in and continued to manhandle our entire team. I was going to feel embarssed, but then I saw that he had over 2.5k hours in-game and it was a 5-stack. Matches like that just feel unfair, but hey... it happens. I got straight up outplayed.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 10-02-2014 at 02:57 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    I think i were about 3.5k as well, though not sure if the ~dozen games i've played solo ranked is enough for the system to really find my place so might be going up or down still.
    Yeh the issue I'm seeing with the ranking so far is that me and a few friends always play together however me and one other in the party have a much much higher rating than the other 3... so when we win I gain 24-26 points, so the lower people... when we lose I lose 23-25 and so do they. It's impossible for them to catch us up... You should lose or gain points based on your opponents skill level too surely?

I think it matches you close to the best MMR in your team.

My team MMR is taking a nosedive now that I play with my friends a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    Yeh the issue I'm seeing with the ranking so far is that me and a few friends always play together however me and one other in the party have a much much higher rating than the other 3... so when we win I gain 24-26 points, so the lower people... when we lose I lose 23-25 and so do they. It's impossible for them to catch us up... You should lose or gain points based on your opponents skill level too surely?
    I think heard that you get a handful of bonus points given/taken, depending on how evenly-matched MMR thinks you were, but it's not enough for your friends to catch up. Don't quote me on that, though -- I don't have a source.

My two RL friends who play are all within ~200 MMR of each other, so it's not a big gap. I'd say the one guy is better than the rest of us, but he's also the one with the most time on his hands, so... Yeah. It's still pretty even and we have abilities that complement each other. The one guy is a better captain, for instance.

That said, we've pretty much stopped playing ranked anyway. We find the same crap happens in either mode, so why bother watching your number bounce up and down? Call us filthy casuals, but it's just more stress when you want to have fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I think it matches you close to the best MMR in your team.

My team MMR is taking a nosedive now that I play with my friends a lot.
    According to what Valve explained just before Ranked MM came out, supposing three people on your team have 3600 rating and two others have 2500, the MM will try and find another party with a similar make up and not just average it out. So you could get one group with 3650x2, 3500x1, 2600x1 and 2450x1 against your 3600x3 and 2500x2. The idea being that everyone has a counter-part on the other team.

I imagine standard MM works on the averaging out system though.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    According to what Valve explained just before Ranked MM came out, supposing three people on your team have 3600 rating and two others have 2500, the MM will try and find another party with a similar make up and not just average it out. So you could get one group with 3650x2, 3500x1, 2600x1 and 2450x1 against your 3600x3 and 2500x2. The idea being that everyone has a counter-part on the other team.

I imagine standard MM works on the averaging out system though.
    Hmm. Maybe then it's just that my friends and I don't have good teamwork.

But the differences are bigger than that. When I first got my team rating, I was 3600. My friends are 3200, 2800, 2600 and 2200.

As for numbers stress, I had that at first as well. But I just don't care about my team rating anymore. My team ranking is influenced by my team mates, who are often stubborn and basically refuse to learn. I think my solo rating is a much better indicator of my (lack of) skill.

Network Hub
    Randomly 4 of us queue'd none ranked last night and got matched with a game of complete RPS, our random was an RPS'er and the entire enemy team was RPS. The idea to all random (in all pick) was thrown out and we all did... Hilarity ensued and one of my favourite kills on Faceless Void ever happened lol - chasing him down with Brewmaster I'm about 2 hits from killing him when he leaps away... landing in AA ulti

Particularly sweet because earlier in the match I'd given him 1.5k gold from a killing spree, DOH.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    Randomly 4 of us queue'd none ranked last night and got matched with a game of complete RPS, our random was an RPS'er and the entire enemy team was RPS. The idea to all random (in all pick) was thrown out and we all did... Hilarity ensued and one of my favourite kills on Faceless Void ever happened lol - chasing him down with Brewmaster I'm about 2 hits from killing him when he leaps away... landing in AA ulti

Particularly sweet because earlier in the match I'd given him 1.5k gold from a killing spree, DOH.
    I don't think the random was from RPS, he just got caught up in it all.

team RPS definitely got screwed over a bit by the all random with an all melee team, we got a team full of annoying ass heroes who are really hard to kill and the amount of times we survived with minimal health was really lucky.

Random gold on a centaur is really nice... I got to buy boots first and just walked around the map trying to stun people.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/514497314
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    I don't think the random was from RPS, he just got caught up in it all.

team RPS definitely got screwed over a bit by the all random with an all melee team, we got a team full of annoying ass heroes who are really hard to kill and the amount of times we survived with minimal health was really lucky.

Random gold on a centaur is really nice... I got to buy boots first and just walked around the map trying to stun people.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/514497314

Yeh I didn't think he was RPS either until at the end he said "I didn't even join Mumble", which is good cos we weren't on mumble either

And yeh I escaped with Panda about 8 times on sub 200 hp due to the ulti, that things rediculous when the enemy team doesn't have a silence. Team fights usually consisted of me mashing R as much as possible and a small prayer to the gods of Dota.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    How does one go about in joining you? I asked in guildchat last night and there didn't really seem to be that many using it. Didn't want to just jump in a mumblezchat when you were midgame either.

Would like to group up sometime. 3000 MMR, about 400 games I think, mostly played support, trying to learn more about how to carry. Played with people that are quite a bit better then me and it's getting a bit annoying as you always feel subpar and generally feel you have to support to not be a down on the team.
    You can find me at Ridebird@everywhere.
    Find me on the Steams

Bit of a hijack off off the current topic, but I've got a question:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/520543620
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/525233370

Is anyone else having trouble with ranked lately? These are some examples of having a great game, that is then utterly ruined by someone on your team (in the first game the feeding ursa, the second the abandoning timbersaw). Or is that just me and my trench tier.

How does one go about in joining you? I asked in guildchat last night and there didn't really seem to be that many using it. Didn't want to just jump in a mumblezchat when you were midgame either.

Would like to group up sometime. 3000 MMR, about 400 games I think, mostly played support, trying to learn more about how to carry. Played with people that are quite a bit better then me and it's getting a bit annoying as you always feel subpar and generally feel you have to support to not be a down on the team.
    Also, feel free to hop into mumble at any given time and spam people with requests and such . The guild chat is usually pretty dead, but eventually someone will come along.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:
    "By ignorance the truth is known" -Henry Suso

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Is anyone else having trouble with ranked lately? These are some examples of having a great game, that is then utterly ruined by someone on your team (in the first game the feeding ursa, the second the abandoning timbersaw). Or is that just me and my trench tier.
    I think it's just dumb luck.

Some players with any MMR are just not that smart players when it comes to responding to what's going on, so say a game goes on too long or a disruptive hero on the other team changes the game, they don't really know what to do.

Really I think solo queuing is sheer luck of the draw basically. Half the time I solo queue, nothing I do really changes the match, because either half your team dies within the first 4 minutes, or half the other team dies within the first 4 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post

Do what Wyhx says, main way to get to us is through Mumble.

You can also friend people in the guild after you've joined. You can friend me and I'll try to get a game with you sometime, mostly weekends: Steam UN: curryking3

But Mumble is by far the fastest way for the RPS guild, you can catch all the regulars on there for DOTA and all the other games RPSers play.
    Last edited by rockman29; 16-02-2014 at 10:43 PM.

I'm not playing ranked, but I still think that matchmaking got considerably worse since some weeks back. I noticed that the search times were really short all of a sudden (like 5 seconds or so, compared to 3-4 minutes before). My games became way worse since then. 4 out of 5 games have been complete stomps either with or against me.
    Also, the ... "russian problem" became more apparent. There were russians before in my games, sure. But when I'm playing on europe west in the english queue and there are eight russians in the game (and all of them are - of course - talking russian in text and voice), then something is very wrong.

I had the feeling that they relaxed their matchmaking parameters noticeably to speed up search times, which I'm not a fan of.
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Yeah, I got the feeling that something happened to matchmaking as well. Before my CPU fried I had a pretty steady growth in MMR (from 3100->3300) and stuck around 3330. Now that I've finally started to play again, it instantly dove down to 3150 or something like that.

Or it may just be that I got worse, don't know.

Playing enough solo ranked games to get a score was enough to make me stop playing solo ranked.

The high chance for pure frustration is not worth it for me. I'd rather play with friends (or friend listers) than roll the dice for that 1-in-6 (my guess) chance of getting a decent team.