Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    I've found that adding All Random to my Single Draft queue helps me get in games sooner, even if it usually ends up being SD. The games have been going pretty well and I'm winning around 75% of them. I'm sure that'll end once I catch up to the matchmaking, but it'll be fun while it lasts. (amidst the leavers and non-communicative folk)

Seriously, though... what is it about Riki players that makes them rage? I've only seen one game with Riki where the guy didn't rage out. It's like they want to dominate or quit.

/triple post, yay

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Most Riki players are guys who want to pubstomp, and if they don't pubstomp, then it's obviously their teammates' fault, for not properly supporting him and giving him kills on a platter.

Obviously.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Riki players are so up their noses because even if the game is going poorly all they have to do is nothing, sitting pretty, and they will make up their stats. If the teamfight is going far from perfect, they won't come out of invisibility to help, so that's a man down for the battle before it has even started. If it goes so-and-so they'll finish up what missing heroes are left and pad stats like a champ, even if that means leaving the teamfight or letting people die alone. If it goes OK they'll gloat at their killing skills and blame you for taking kills. In any case it's more than probable that they'd survive and point at their stats to state that "worst team ever" etc...

A good riki is not a carry but a scout and a ganker that'd take out one disabler before/at the start of the teamfight, but that'd be asking for much.
    Last edited by pakoito; 03-04-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Shameless plug: watch this game

http://dotabuff.com/matches/164892239

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Power treads with DP?

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Power treads with DP?
    Strenght power threads Manaboots are pointless with proper rune control and early voidstone, and I refuse to buy phase boots on a hero that already has increased movespeed from a passive. You can switch them to int lategame for extra damage once Blooodstone is finished.
    Last edited by pakoito; 03-04-2013 at 11:06 PM.

I know what you mean about phase and her passive. Then I played one game with her where EVERYONE managed to run away from my ult (higher move speed or skills that allowed them to; IIRC I had mana boots because noone else in my team had them and having at least one player with them is VERY useful). I rarely ever play her, not a hero I'm too fond of, but if I do, phase boots all the way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Death prophet has one of the worst base movespeeds in the game. Witchcraft at max level just brings you up to Luna's speed (Luna is the fastest character in the game). Once you pop your ult, everyone is going to get the hell away from you, so you need the Phase to make up for your lack of stuns/slows. Besides, you can't walk out of a Shaman ward trap with Power Treads.

If you're getting blown up too fast, just get a Vitality Booster for the same price as the boots upgrade. It's not like there's a shortage of useful things for DP to upgrade it into.

Good points, I'll change my build next game, but I don't think I would be as lucky with the freefarm lol

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    If you're getting blown up too fast, just get a Vitality Booster for the same price as the boots upgrade. It's not like there's a shortage of useful things for DP to upgrade it into.
    Like a delicious Rod of Atos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Like a delicious Rod of Atos.
    Tanky krobelus is best krobelus IMO. Once that's done I'd rather put that money working into sheepstick.

Rod of Atos gives a shitload of HP and some breathing room to spam your abilities, but I agree that Bloodstone/Heart is still probably the way to go unless you're having trouble either chasing/escaping a particular hero. The nice thing about Rod — as opposed to other items with active effect — is that you can get a few casts of it off in a single teamfight, and if your team is organized enough that will probably be enough to net you a few kills.

Rod is also a great choice on Skadi-centric heroes like Razor if you're behind in farm.

Razor in Dota is useless as far as I have seen. I remember Corrupted Disciple being the main carry for a while in HoN, dropping in popularity but never as low as Razor in here. He just gets outclassed by EVERYONE.

I think Razor's issue is that his auto-attack range is terrible. He could feasibly be a good counter to mid-lane carries like Sniper and Drow if he could just reach them. Rod of Atos helps in this area as well, because its range is absolutely massive, but I agree that I can't think of a single situation I would play Razor by choice.

Activated Node
    A quick question on the drop system. I've now played a few coop matches and after the match in the score window, I often see one or two cosmetic items or chests. When I first saw this I thought neat, I got a drop, but then I went to my inventory only to see it was empty. This happened several times until just now when I played a match and again saw a chest in the score window but this time I did get it. Just a little confused how it works.

Edit: Aah, it seems I missed the fact that it says the name of the receiving player below the dropped item. that would explain it.=)
    Last edited by Poppis; 04-04-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Network Hub
    Yeh Poppis its the person thats named, also you always get one if you get a level up on your account (its actually all levels do really).

Phase on DP is useful for getting into and out of range for your spells, also if they're carry is becoming an issue later game Shiva's Guard is basically godlike on her.

@Poppis and items
    Remember to check your inventory on a regular basis, even if you don't think you received items. Every once in a while, I find an item that never actually showed up at the end of a match. Like last night, actually... I found a staff for Keeper of the Light and some random chest that I had never seen awarded.

@Razor
    What's funny is that he seemed pretty formidable in co-op bot games, but the only useful thing I've seen him do so far in Single Draft is spam his ring to deter chasers. That actually helps, but in a teamfight, it often does more to repel desirable targets than it does to kill them. That's just what I've seen in pubs, though.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 04-04-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Obscure Node
    I really don't like bloodstone on Krobelus, nor most other heroes, for quite a few reasons.

• Krobelus do not got particularily big mana issues, eul's would solve them completely (not to mention it has an ability that is very good on her).
    • Krobelus has very little use for the reduced respawn because her ultimate will be cooling down anyways.
    • If you want to get tanky it's a very innefficient item (you pay 10 gold per hp, whereas you pay a bit over 5 gold per hp if you go for heart).

I don't play her very often but if I did I would build her about like this (mid lane): bottle -> Threads -> Vit booster -> Eul's -> Atos/Heart -> Blademail (this would be bought before Heart but after Atos). Price is 12 900 (or 10 000 if you went with Atos), about 4000 ehp versus physical damage (2800 with atos).

If you compare it to what I see a lot off which is: Bottle -> Phase Boots -> Bloodstone -> Shivas. Price 11 700, about 3740 ehp versus physical damage.

1200 gold more expensive (or 1700 gold cheaper) with Atos, and you get much better movespeed. Given the ability to cyclone yourself, the extra speed, blademail, and possibly atos I would argue that regardless of going heart or atos you would be much more survivable, and deadly, for roughly the same amount of gold.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I think Razor's issue is that his auto-attack range is terrible. He could feasibly be a good counter to mid-lane carries like Sniper and Drow if he could just reach them. Rod of Atos helps in this area as well, because its range is absolutely massive, but I agree that I can't think of a single situation I would play Razor by choice.
    Razor is a weak 1v1 if you're going to lane him against superior last hitters. He's best in the safe lane with a support because he needs a decent amount of farm to be useful.

He's fairly unique compared to other carries in that his mid game his absurdly strong. A treads, magic stick, vanguard and bkb is all he needs to wreak havoc and he is an excellent anti-carry hero because of that static link. Conversely he needs to be in the thick of action so build him tanky. Few carries reward as much aggressive play as razor in mid game.

And the reason corrupted disciple is better than razor is because both plasma field and static link provide clear vision. And corrupted retains the damage he steals for 13 seconds after the spell is over.

Soooo, I should have kept my mouth shut. After playing another two awful games, I haven't gotten any more wins. It's matchmaking karma, or something.

The first game was All Random with me as Doom. Nobody else would buy wards, etc, so I did it... and ended up a bit gimped between that and my less-than-stellar Doom abilities. One of our guys left, but they had 5. My second was with Puck, and both teams had a leaver. The downside is that our disconnector was the carry. :\ I do great at getting Puck in and to do damage, or just getting away, but not so great at doing both. I need to work on the phase shift and getting a blink dagger for exits.