Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    You can sort of check your own MMR by going to the watch tab, recent games and in the filters, type your name in and then check if your games are in the very high, high or normal skill brackets. Until Valve does something to make it visible it's the only way to have a general idea.
    There is a site, which visualizes this in a neat way: http://pubstats.me/40416215/ (with my account as an example).

Unfortunately, it seems to be quite behind with indexing games. So it may take a long while until you can see your own distribution.
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Quote Originally Posted by Stirbelwurm View Post
    There is a site, which visualizes this in a neat way: http://pubstats.me/40416215/ (with my account as an example).
    When I enter my name, it says 'statistics pending.' So, I'm assuming you have to 1) put in your name; and then 2) wait for it to find your info to display?

/edit/
    Yeah, it found me, but says no games discovered. Being this early on, though, I think I'm okay with assuming my MMR is bleh.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 06-08-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirbelwurm View Post

Unfortunately, it seems to be quite behind with indexing games. So it may take a long while until you can see your own distribution.
    Hm, that is a nice site didn't know about it.

Obscure Node
    Hey there, I just realised there's an RPS Dota 2 group, could you invite me ?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrtiax/

Sure Tiax, I need to catch you ingame though, hang out in the Rock Paper Shotgun channel and say want an invite, if I'm there I'll invite you. Keep trying though if I'm not there the first time!
    Steam

-snip-

forgot to read the thread
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Guys, I'm afraid I've been doomed to play Lion if I wish to win. Played a bunch of games last night (mostly Windrunner) and I thought I played phenomenally, but we lost every single one of them. Then I play a very bad game with Lion and we win somehow. As much as I enjoy playing Lion I'd like to play something else once in a while and win. D:

I've only just noticed there's actually a Dota 2 group here. Huzzah! Does there happen to be anyone playing in the SEA region? I've moved to Singapore and miss my Dota 2 buddies from Europe (not really any way to play with them). I'm quite tired of teaming up with badmouthing midgets and comatose vegetables and would like to play with well spirited people. If so, throw me a message on Steam under the same nick as here!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Just lost a game 5v2 because my team decided it was won and stopped pushing. Except our carry was pulling 300gpm while their two players were doing 700 each and pushing all lanes (timber + furion). After 30 minutes of angry chat my teammates disconnect, we lose, I want to punch the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Just lost a game 5v2 because my team decided it was won and stopped pushing. Except our carry was pulling 300gpm while their two players were doing 700 each and pushing all lanes (timber + furion). After 30 minutes of angry chat my teammates disconnect, we lose, I want to punch the screen.
    Been there, done that - and tonight, even. Over 60 minute match, where our carries decided to keep on farming instead of pushing with me (Veno) and my friend (Rubick) at 20 minute point. Because as we all know, it's a brilliant idea to draw out a match to 60:00 mark when enemy team has Sniper, LS, Sylla and juggernaut as opposed to your Weaver and Kunkka.

Slight amounts of mad were had by me and my friend.

I feel like that's a big part of winning games in Dota 2 -- knowing when to push your advantage. Sometimes, you can back off, farm, play asian doto and wait for your opponent to press the next move. (ideally making them force a fight, reasoning you can make them overextend) Other times, you really need to keep pushing, even when their 3-5 of them are still a threat. It's easy to say that after spectating a lot of TI3, but that's where map vision comes into play. Ward their jungles once you've taken their tier 2s, and it'll make the decision easier. Says the guy with ~40 wins...

In other news, my new headset is supposed to arrive today. Huzzah. It's been weeks since I've played a non-bot game, due to my old Plantronics 'set breaking. Well, technically, they're not broken, because they still function 100% on my wife's laptop. Get this, though... on every other PC and Mac I've tried them on, only the headphone part works. It makes absolutely no sense to me or any of my other PC gamer / tech savvy / PC store-working friends. It's kind of ridiculous, but at least I got 8 solid years' use out of them. <3 Plantronics DSP500.

Oh well. I bought a Corsair Vengeance 1500 for $60, and our Amazon gift cards cut the cost in half to $30. I can live with that, and the wife can still use my once trusty 'set to make Skype calls to distant relatives.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 15-08-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Did I miss something? Mumble asked me for a password last night.

Edit: I derped. Nvm.
    Last edited by khaz; 16-08-2013 at 04:10 PM.

I have to share the insane amount of luck I seem to be having with item drops. I just had Fiery Soul of the Slayer, the only Arcana item in the game and providing Lina with fiery hair and custom animations, drop in a random pub. Holy moly, not sure whether to keep it or sell it. What is the rarest item you've found?
    Last edited by Battlehenkie; 17-08-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Holy shite well done dude!
    If I were you I'd keep it, only because it's so freaking rare!
    I think the two most valuable items I dropped were Bastion mega kills and Pirate Captain announcer.
    Steam

Activated Node
    I once found a chest. Or actually traded for it. Turned out to be a dragonclaw hook that I still have
    Last edited by vee41; 17-08-2013 at 12:12 PM.

@ Starmatt, Bastion narrator is an amazing announcer. It's the only item I directly bought from the store due to my love for the game and the narrator. Still very happy with it and how it dryly describes and narrates what's going on on the battlefield.

@ vee41. Lucky man! Until recently I never understood why the Dragonclaw Hook was a 'must have' item that everyone wants bar its Immortal status attracting hoards of sheep. After seeing the actual animation change, I damn well do understand why it's sought after (although I'd still prefer to have Rotten Stache for shits and giggles).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    /rant

Reason #139758723489275 why solo queuing sucks:

Pick Lion.

Someone picks Seeker.

Ok, support Lion, I don't mind.

Seeker gets dagon instead of diffusal when there's an Omni and Ursa in the game.

Kunkka who just farms and split pushes and is useless in fights because he went battlefury. ^*%*#^()@^)#^% YOU HAVE A FREE SPLASH ATTACK (&#_(%^&(_@#&%(^#$*(%&^

Poor weaver had to offlane against Ursa, Omni and Furion jungle so blameless.

Tide was the only good player.

My Lion was shit anyway as Ursa singled me out every single fight first - blink, slow, 2 hits, dead. I did get that Omni 4 times though.

/rant

I know! Let's solo queue together! Why didn't I thought about that before!
    Steam

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Normally, I play with friends only but there was some downtime where no one was on so just went for it.

*sigh*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    To be honest I rather prefer soloq to get stacks, plants, wombocombos and butt buddy lanes.