Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    I do find that to be pretty refreshing. Everything has the potential to feel OP, but only if you don't respond with the appropriate counter.

It's kind of like my pub loss the other day. The enemy had Treant, BH and Clinkz with invisibility, and their Kunkka and Enchantress also bought shadow blades. So, I keep reminding our team that we need detection, and things just weren't working out. Our sentry wards would be placed in odd spots, or dust would get used too late. Everyone kept talking about buying a gem, but nobody did. I should have just bought one ASAP when we realized they were going full invis, so I can share plenty of blame there.

Anyway, it was our fault for losing, but I like that. There was a clear solution that we simply failed to execute in time. Similarly, Spirit Breaker is only OP when teams let him play to his cheese strength. I had him yesterday in single draft, and the enemy team was smart enough to hide their Riki with an exposed squishy. So, instead of an easy charge gank, it was bait for me to get silenced and killed.*

*It was only my second time playing SB, and the first was maybe ~6 months ago vs bots, so I was playing catch-up a bit with realizing how simple his skills were. I jokingly told a friend I had to learn to "let the cheese flow through me."
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 27-08-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Network Hub
    We've been doing alot of Tavern draft CM mode, last nights was Dire Strength, that went well.

The game before that I was playing Crystal Maiden and due to a healthy fear of Nyx I just sentried the whole map as best I could :P

Network Hub
    I think last night I had the most devastating dota night ever.

After a 10 day hiatus, I jumped into 4 (or was it 5? can't remember) successive games... and 4 successive soul-crushing defeats.

We're talking about being completely steam-rolled. We're talking about having to wait in the fountain while the enemy did their business. We're talking about being so under-leveled that resistance was completely futile. 4 times in a row.

A cruel mistress she is.

The only silver lining is that by and large people where quite civil about it on both teams, with minimal fountain diving and trolling. So there's that.

Argh, dota. What am I going to do with you?
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Network Hub
    Hey Easy,

I think I added you on steam (if it wasn't you then... erm... oops).

Last night was a mixed bag for me, had a terrible TMM with a secondary team I've been messing about with and then a terrible game where I went 16/5 on Nyx and the enemy just steam rolled it... then a game where I played Tiny... ah Tiny, if theres one thing I got wrong in that game it was that I didn't kill enough creeps; generally because I was busy slaughtering the enemy

Network Hub
    You did DenieD

The only reason we haven't played together yet is that we're never synchronised. But it will happen, oh yes, it will.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Network Hub
    Aha! Cool. Yeh I get that alot, :S When I log into steam I generally get about 4 different invites into groups (It's hard being popular! lol - OK now I sound big headed).

Just had the most epic game of Dota in a long, long time as Ogre Magi. My team was pretty mediocre with a Meepo that said he was awesome at it and ended up overfeeding a roaming NP way too much (1K-7D is not 'awesome' in my book). My team felt about giving up at the 25-30 min mark as they were spanking our base. Somehow we managed to win a few teamfights (although I dare say I did a damn good job making that happen) and traded pushes, teleports, buybacks for the next 40 minutes until we managed to destroy their fountain. Best moment is running back to base to stop NP from pushing top (cooldown on TP), picking up a haste rune while trolling him with our courier and having him chase it to the secret shop to kill it, with a 4x multicast from me waiting around the corner and me proceeding to melt his face, saving our last pair of rax.

This game is amazing when things come together.

A totally noobish question: How does one get hold of a game with RPSers the easiest way? I have joined the ingame chat, but it seems nobody uses it?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Hellsturm View Post
    A totally noobish question: How does one get hold of a game with RPSers the easiest way? I have joined the ingame chat, but it seems nobody uses it?

Hello. You need to get invited to the Guild, where most of the fun happens. The RPS channel mostly serves as a waiting room until you get invited. So keep hanging around in there, you'll recieve an invite eventually (might take some time, I can't log in right now, but will be there this week end).
    Steam

i think we also need more guild officers so theres more people ppl online that can invite atm its just hunchback and starmatt i think? i nominate beardface hes online all the time

Network Hub
    I've been full on the guild limit since day one now but 2 of them are quite inactive, I'll try and get in the guild over the weekend if that is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    i think we also need more guild officers so theres more people ppl online that can invite atm its just hunchback and starmatt i think? i nominate beardface hes online all the time
    Yeah but Beardface is an ass
    Kidding, but yeah definitely since the Guild is growing we need more officers, and Ive been planning to organize something but Im away from home atm, it's gonna be soon though!
    Last edited by starmatt; 30-08-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by starmatt View Post
    Yeah but Beardface is an ass
    Kidding, but yeah definitely since the Guild is growing we need more officers, and Ive been planning to organize something but Im away from home atm, it's gonna be soon though!
    At least I don't feed as much as you!

I wouldn't mind being an officer, makes it so I can help more people which is cool.

I don't feed, I make the game more interesting.
    Steam

Ah, the little brother of "I don't throw, I just appreciate a bigger challenge" .

I just got back to work after catching a lunch break game with Starmatt, Beardface and the-guy-whose-name-I-forget-but-it-starts-with-a-C. (sorry!) Playing with a team that communicates and generally doesn't despise its own members is always a nice experience. It also helps a newer player learn from those who've played -- and more importantly, lost -- more games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Play all the pubs as support. Get outcarried every single one of them. Play all the pubs as semicarry. No wards, no curier, riki and gondar in the team.

Brb shooting myself.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Play all the pubs as support. Get outcarried every single one of them. Play all the pubs as semicarry. No wards, no curier, riki and gondar in the team.

Brb shooting myself.
    Come on, don't forget getting blamed for the loss when playing support because of your KD ratio and that you have no items. It's always lovely.

I feel that way sometimes, too, but I kind of expect it if I'm solo pubbing.

I think I'm actually more okay with people being crappy carries than I am with supports refusing to buy support items. One usually involves a lack of skill, where the other is often stubbornness or selfishness. (tho the desire to play carry when you're crappy is often selfish, too) When people take advice or suggestions like, "Maybe DP or CM could buy some wards," it's okay. It's that refusal that annoys me. If I'm doing a crappy job, I try to take teammates' suggestions and improve. You know... because it's a team game and we win or lose together. Some players want it to be all about them, and that's a problem.

Or just russian-only Russians queued in my U.S. East pool. It's okay when they ping and draw intelligibly, but not when they type full cyrillic sentences and then resort to single-word english insults when we lose.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 05-09-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Obscure Node
    When we lose, I blame it on the boogie.