Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Welp, I just played a solo queue game on US East, and it was quite the thing.

-Drow didn't have a single point in silence until she was level 9, and by 11 had 2 points in silence and -1-, -ONE- point in frost arrows. Because a 60% slow is no big deal, amirite.

-Meepo. 'Nuff said. He somehow managed to land a good net while in lane (was my lane companion) which got us a kill, but other than that, he was dead weight. Simple as that. Sooooo many good characters that can go in a lane with Axe and absolutely obliterate the lane, but no, it had to be god damned Meepo.

Then when the game was pretty much lost, the Columbian Meepo and the Peruvian Pudge (also in our team, only one to end up with a positive K/D) started shittalking to each other... in broken English. I cannot facepalm at this enough. It's not like they share a common language or anything, noooo, they have to insult eachother in haflassed English. What the christ.

</rant>

Sorry, just needed to vent a bit.

After losing nearly every game for three weeks, I now managed to win three games in a row, with 15:3 and 11:1, etc stats, which makes me feel way less depressed than before, you could even say I feel good about myself again (when playing dota I mean). But now I fear to play more games and start losing again :(
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    Played and won four games today. It probably helped that I was teamed up with a RL friend who is in my skill bracket.

Four is also my longest win streak, so we'll see if that gets broken or not. (5 is my losing streak...)

Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    (5 is my losing streak...)
    you know nothing jon snow
    10 loss sreak reporting in

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I'm 500 hours in and my longest is 7 losses for 9 victories

http://dotabuff.com/players/62435352/records

Also, Cristal Maiden most kills

Network Hub
    8/8 for me.

Everytime I get close I get a team mate that throws a game on me lol

http://dotabuff.com/players/3178589/records

Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    you know nothing jon snow
    10 loss sreak reporting in
    Grasshopper!

13 is my losing streak. Got most of that on a day off as well where initial plans went sour. Made me stay away from the game for a good while haha.

I honestly prefer to watch tournament games nowadays just because of the complete idiots I get in solo queue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I you want to see how a real dota dick behaves please refer to my last game. My patience run out barely 3 minutes in after scoring 2 kills (first blood) myself, then everything went downhill and I had the nicest session of flaming and slow clapping.

Spoilers: my ISP detected my foul mood and decided to go maintenance midgame before my neck veins exploded.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/300831149
    Last edited by pakoito; 07-09-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Well, I made it to 6 wins before All Random struck again. We could have won, but their lane combos were better and our Nyx fed all game.

all mid centaurs is even more hilarious than all mid clinkz

Yeah, turned out to be more fun, especially with all these mind(stun)-games.

I think it could also be pretty fun with heroes like Tiny, Butcher or Wisp. Maybe even Veno with mass wards
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Network Hub
    I got close to my win streak again then played a game where we had 2 randoms in an RD and ended up with 4 carries...

It's becoming more and more apparent that solo queueing just isn't worth my time.

My winrate when playing with my similarly-bracketed friend is somewhere around 80%, but solo queue is probably more like 30%. RPS games are maybe 50/50, since I tend to be playing out of my league and concentrating on not being dead weight.

/edit/
    //removed matach rant//

Thankfully, Beastmaster raged out after a near team wipe and we all got to save ourselves some time by leaving early. If I had known my team would pick what they did, I wouldn't have picked who I did. Yay for RD with no draft communication.

I got a party invite from Starmatt, but my queue had come up by that point. I missed out on an RPS match, but I didn't want to abandon my ready-up.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 09-09-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    It's becoming more and more apparent that solo queueing just isn't worth my time.

My winrate when playing with my similarly-bracketed friend is somewhere around 80%, but solo queue is probably more like 30%. RPS games are maybe 50/50, since I tend to be playing out of my league and concentrating on not being dead weight.

/edit/
    //removed matach rant//

Thankfully, Beastmaster raged out after a near team wipe and we all got to save ourselves some time by leaving early. If I had known my team would pick what they did, I wouldn't have picked who I did. Yay for RD with no draft communication.

I got a party invite from Starmatt, but my queue had come up by that point. I missed out on an RPS match, but I didn't want to abandon my ready-up.
    Honestly, there's not a lot you can do other than grind out games and get into higher skill brackets where both teams get better. It is a great feeling to lose a game not because of one guy who didn't buy wards or that you all picked carries or whatever, but because you got outplayed, you can learn from that.

Or you can play games with RPS folk all the time and not care about your skill bracket and play like that which is equally valid. Alternatively you can make a smurf and see if you can get into the better brackets faster.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    There's something to be said as well by forcing yourself to play better if you're in a stack with those of a higher skill level, such as in the RPS guild. I think there's also a touch of trial by fire this way too, as you will quickly determine what you're doing right or wrong, and to what extent, if not by your own observations or by other's.