Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    How does people stack* in Solo queue? I'm getting tons of "he's my friend he dced wait come back vodka vodka" in this last games.

*play with friends in a supposedly "even field" setting

Network Hub
    In answer to how TMM works:

Basically it takes all 5 of you and adds up your hidden "MMR" rating then puts you against a similar team, after 3 games it will give you a "team rating" (if your line up never changes; personally I think it should allow 2 subs but meh whatever), at this point the Team rating is used for your match ups (usually means if you have 5 good players your first 3 games will be rough as your not used to playing together in an organised environment and team work beats individual skill).

Also as a tip; grats on the win but carry Venge isn't a "thing", it'll work in extreme cases but so does carry anything in extreme cases, on the other hand, nice lone druid play.

Network Hub
    I also notice you run alot of agi hard carries, I'm assuming you are tri-laning the safe lane with that?

If your having trouble securing them farm vs an aggressive trilane try moving it to either a ranged carry or a str carry with 2 supports that can combo something nasty. Shadow Demon + Mirana + Alchemist is funny if you can work the combo, or swap SD for a bane.

I haven't done a lot of solo carry in pub games so far because my tier still tends to go 2/1/2 most of the time. I was solo Void in Radiant safe lane versus Jug and Abaddon. A friendly Enchantress was jungling. Things went decently for a while, but our mid SF was completely non-communicative and never called missing when Huskar would come down to gank.

It went alright, but the team mechanics left them shut down my farm after the first 10 mins or so. I felt like my last hits were decent, but 3-on-1 bottom ganks happened too often. I know I should've been paying extra attention to mid since our jerk wasn't calling miss, but still ... Any advice on rolling solo hard carry?

It was also my first pub game with Void, thanks to people wanting to swap heroes, and realize I was using my movement ability too offensively in the early game. I think I would've been better off saving it for escapes. That was already the case with half of my ults, too. My team would get in bad positions, or get teamfights turned around and have to flee. So, I'd throw down my ult on 3 of them for someone to escape. It's not a great use for it, but it felt like all I could do in my under-farmed/out-teamed position. So, I got ganked several times in-lane and died in most of our teamfights.

/edit/ We eventually won, thanks to two defensive teamfight victories that turned the tide. Abaddon was their whole team, so things went better after we were hip to his tricks (and some CM feeding helped). Still, I can't help but feel silly going 2/9/19 as Void. Yuck. Here's the match -- and yes, my items are awful because I figured a Bfury was useless when my farm was already delayed.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 17-09-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    My advice would be tell one of your supports that as a hard carry, protecting you should be their primary task apart from putting down wards. Failing that, rotate to another lane which you can farm safely on with someone who doesn't need as much farm and can stay back.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    Generally you wouldn't hard carry solo, even on the safe lane; that's because its too easy for the enemy to shut down your farm and as a hard carry you need it (lets face it a good Chrono can turn a team fight but generally to have any real impact in a game Voids going to need a good 20 minutes left alone to farm - which is sorta where the safe trilane came from, you can almost guarentee that farm to the guy and you win from having a fat Void that murders the enemy on sight).

If your forced into a safe lane solo I'd recommend something with some ability to operate with little farm but gains alot from having some farm, or something that has alot of staying power. Also ask and remind your jungler to stack and pull regularly for you and then pull your lane creeps back behind your T1 to the next friendly wave so that the enemy gets nothing from it (not on catapult waves). Recommending solo safe lane stuff is quite hard but things that can get ganky when they have some levels is good (I quite enjoy Spirit Breaker for this, he starts with great HP armor and last hit dmg).

If you get that position again try picking an off laner and asking your 2 to take the safe lane (its rare that people say no to that haha).

And yes leaps... unless your sure its a kill and you have the giant advantage leave the leap for defense.

There are few things that make me despair more than someone picking Meepo... in least played-mode.

The venge carry was just my friend trolling after I got to the point where they could no longer kill me

Ahhh, meepo. I like him, but I'm not n0tail. Also, thanks for the advice about the agi heroes, hadn't noticed that.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyhx View Post
    Ahhh, meepo. I like him, but I'm not n0tail. Also, thanks for the advice about the agi heroes, hadn't noticed that.
    NP, I've stopped drafting much melee agi, it doesn't really fit our "snowball" style of play much but I can see there uses; if your going to rely on that then you probably need a stong 4 man team composition so that the agi hero can continue farming right up until the enemy commits to the tower push and they can just get in and get some pick off mop up kills. However you also need some strong lane combo to go with it; basically void or anti mage bring absolutely nothing to a lane themselves, PA and Spectre bring a little more with there slows (I'm not counting Voids slow as if hes jumping in its already probably kill secured time and you just want him to get the last hit or a lucky bash).

When you compare that to an Alchemist or a Chaos Knight on a lane, they just add so much to the killing power.

Yeah, getting hit by an alch stun with a cm on lane for exapmple is pretty much a sure kill. Ck is annoying to play though, he isn't exactly reliable.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    People make this mistake that ck's rng makes him unreliable but this really isn't true. You just need a decent slow and/or stun partner and there are tons of options in that area. He's absolutely devastating with veng in the safe lane. Plus CK hits like a truck and he needs minimal early-mid game items to hit even harder. And quelling blade removes any issues you might have with last hits considering his large damage range.

With CK you have to be aggressive, to many players make the mistake of worrying about how long their stun or where their rift positioning will be. CK is a hero that you absolutely must commit with, you cannot do anything half assed with him. Are you going in? Go in. Are you backing? Then back off. Don't make wishy washy decisions with him, make and commit.

CK + Io has been a standard ban in professional games for a while and it's not hard to see why. If you're laning with a good support, have wards up and a mid that does miss calls.. it's really hard to lose a game with CK. I find him very reliable.

Network Hub
    IMO his RNG is like Ogres... don't play for the max of the RNG, assume it'll 2 second stun with a lvl 4 stun; play for that and when you get the 4 second stun be pleasantly surprised.

Seriously though, theres no RNG in 4 giant horse riding death machines all rifting you at the same time for +150 dmg... he gibs people.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    CK, CM, Veno trilane. Faceroll your way to victory.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    CK, CM, Veno trilane. Faceroll your way to victory.
    Been messing about with a situational Jakiro Veno Viper lane recently too... DoT city. Works well vs a late game Huskar as Viper hard hard counters him.

Kunkka wishes all of us landlubbers a happy International talk like a Pirate day! (I have no idea how to say something DOTA-related in pirate-speak. Please educate me)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyhx View Post
    Kunkka wishes all of us landlubbers a happy International talk like a Pirate day! (I have no idea how to say something DOTA-related in pirate-speak. Please educate me)
    Avast ya scurvy land'lubbers, standing with your hands in your pants like a Manatee buggerer are ye? Stop hoard'in me treasures and put those new fangled spy glasses in the ground wench!

Network Hub
    Best I could do at short notice :S

Get yer gold-grubbin' hindquarters back to the tower! Unless, of course, ye'd prefer to have Bounty Hunter stick a shiny shiv betwixt yer nethers.