Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Long-time reader here, recently picked up an interest in DOTA2 and i'd love to play more with some friendly people Added myself to the roster and joined the group - look forward to getting to play with some of you!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback View Post
    Make sure to join the ingame chat channel and you'll surely find someone to play with. Just don't go with Ur-Quan if you are looking for calm
    Raeg.

That's loooooow

Whenever people listen to advice and are friendly enough, I'm friendly in turn. Sometimes I might need a slap as I get carried over, but don't mind telling me "Dude, chill, I'm new, explain better."

Network Hub
    I'm back... but everyone is playing FTL today
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Just saw the Beginners Night today. Anyone planning to be there? I think I will show up with a mysterious (because unregistered) person

Obscure Node
    Joined the group (and the mumble channel). I'm a decent player, played quite a bit of dota 1 back in the day. Looking forward to playing with you guys. Steam name is omermujahid. Also, can't get the spreadsheet to open, but that could just be because Google sites are knackered in Pakistan
    Last edited by omujahid; 26-09-2012 at 04:27 PM.

It's here. http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.75

Looks to be some pretty huge changes, including major nerfs to Naga, Lycan and Morphling. A lot of different buffs, and the gold on kills has been increased again, to promote more aggressive play, rather than 60 minute rice-fests. Treant's new spell is insane (600 hp/minute regen at max rank, that's enough to full heal a tower in just 2 minutes, provided it's not getting pushed)

Obscure Node
    So hey there RPS, long time lurker, never joined the forums till now because~ I'm seriously looking for a good Dota 2 team to play with ):

Coming from League EUW where I've racked up approx. 1.5k games with a moderate ELO, I decided to take the plunge into Dota because it just offered more. More strategies, more strengths, more more more more. I'm now approaching the 750hr mark on my steam profile for it, and I've noticed getting more of something else too:

Idiots.

): I really wanna find a good group to premade 5 man and, eventually, give playing competetively a try. I enjoy Dota 2 immensely, and I've had it occasionally where matchmaking has put me with a 4 man premade - and even though our picks were rubbish, the sheer level of co-ordination made it possible to win convincingly and with relative ease. Problem is at the moment is that everyone wants to be "that guy" who carries the team to shoulders, so you end up with a lineup most of the time consisting of a Faceless, PA, Jugger, Sniper and SFiend, to which point I facepalm profusely and want to curl up in a corner with a blanket and cup of tea.

So if this group is still rocking, mind if I jump on in? I'm versatile and can play any role, from support to initiator, and currently have a fascination with Jakiro because he's just TOO GOOD at the moment.

Sure thing, come join us on the RPS group and shoot me an invite. With the advent of the new team system, we've set up Rock, Paper, Skadi; which we hope to maybe compete in leagues with, but that remains to be decided. Also, since the group is getting sizable, I'm thinking about organizing some sort of internal league. I've yet to figure out the details, but it sounds like it would be great fun if done properly.

Obscure Node
    I'd be all over the league, if it ever gets running. That'd be an amazing thing.

I've been playing with some of the Rock, Dota, Noob crowd (who are blatantly not noobs at this point, at least compared to me...) and have been having a blast. If there was some sort of league happening I have no doubt that a team or two could be found from that pool.

Obscure Node
    Ok, just discovered DOTA2. So I'm in the research phase, trying to understand the basics: strategies, items, fight, heroes, and a lot of others. I'll give you a shout when I will pretend that I'm a noob. Until then, I'm a uber-noob

Activated Node
    is it just me? or DOTA 2 has a resemblance on LoL?
    IMHO HoN is more bad ass than these two.. peace :P

Banned
    Does anybody have any items to trade?

I've got a few chests and I'm on the lookout specifically for items for Axe

Obscure Node
    Soo... How does one join this? I saw the steam group were invite only. Do I have to ask politely somewhere? I would gladly do so.

Activated Node
    Hello there ladies and gents. Recently I've gained a fascination with this game. Haven't played a single game except a few solo against bots. I have been reading strats, knowing ward spots and watching tons of videos but I feel the famous playerbase would just drive me insane. So I come looking for a nice bunch of chaps to play with. Mumble no problem. I'll be dropping in the RPS channel in game under Cetshwayo at some point. Feel free to send me an invite on steam under this name also.

Rock Paper Shotgun DOTA is a public group, anyone can join. Don't forget to drop into our mumble and say Hi!

Obscure Node
    I've played Dota 2 for about 20 mins before getting brutally bored a while back.

I've looked at some online guides and tutorials and got pretty turned off by information overload. How many heroes? And abilities and items...

Any noob friendly starting points you guys can recommend? Or are mobas just not my thing...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Start easy, simple, and against bots.

Pick an easy to use hero (Skeleton King, Drow Ranger, Lina are my recommendations) and simply try to learn the overall mechanics of the game for a few matches, don't try to learn everything at once, it'll just overload you. Don't try to know everything about every hero, just take it easy, focus on the mechanics and your own hero.

Don't play against other people, you'll just get constantly brutalized, both by the enemy team because you'll be an easy kill, and by your own teammates because you're constantly "feeding" them (in Dota2, when a hero is killed, the killer gains extra experience and gold, this is called "feeding"; a "fed" hero refers to one that has gained so much experience and gold he's become a true threat to the enemy team, a force to be recognized).
    Instead, play Co-op vs Bots matches, where your teammates will be far more lenient towards your mistakes, you can take it more easily and watch the other players on your team if you want, to see what they do, how they play, etc., and if you're lucky, you might get partnered with a veteran that's trying a new character or build against the bots before going on to fight other people, who might be willing to answer some questions and offer some tips while in the game.

Got a spare invite if anybody wants to jump in. PM me.

Obscure Node
    Hey all, looking forward to playing a few more matches with people working as a team. I'm still a bit of a noob, but I feel like I've got a lot better recently (but that might just be my warped view of my skill).