Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    People seem to forget that with his ulti you don't even need the killing blow for the bonus gold. He's a hero designed specifically to be constantly focusing heroes and being involved in team fights and ganks.

The clues in his moving line

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    *Headdesk*
    Sorry, didn't mean it like that. I was just trying to continue the argument.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:
    "By ignorance the truth is known" -Henry Suso

So, I just played an embarassingly bad game as Juggernaut. Not only did my Veno lanemate out-kill and out-carry me, I once managed to have my keys one space off the row during a teamfight. So, you guessed it -- between my fingers and Riki's silencing, I went a whole teamfight without getting my aghs-upgraded ult off. :\ It was pretty funny seeing veno out-kill everyone on our team, including Jug, NS and Weaver. Anyway, our lane did fine, my ratio eventually went positive and our team won. So, yay for that.

I have a question, though... At one point, veno said "Yurnero." "6." I know that he meant to tell me something, but I had absolutely no idea what 6 was supposed to mean. No one was behind me in the 'bogey on your six' sense. He never explained when I asked in-game. Any idea? Maybe it was his number of kills at the time, compared to my one. I don't know... I'd have to check the replay to see if that was it.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 15-10-2013 at 08:11 PM.

No idea. I'm guessing Yurnero means juggernaut? No idea about the 6 though. Didn't you ask him?
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Yeah, I got the Yurnero part. I asked him, "6 what?" but he didn't tell me what he meant. He seemed to speak English and understand me, but I'm pretty sure everyone on my team was from South America. The NS mid had an open mic all game, allowing Spanish background chatter to flow through. It wasn't constant or loud enough for me to mute him, but ehh.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    6 = ult or use your 6/ult most likely

Network Hub
    6 is the standard legacy key for your inventory slot 6... Num Pad 6.

Did you have magic wand on there or a salve or something?

And Yurnero was Juggernauts hero name in Dota1 yeh. Yurnero the Juggernaut. As in Barathrum the Spirit Breaker.

Only played DOTA 1 a few times, don't know a lot of the names. 2's more fun
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

The latest games of me and my team. We managed to get 2 consecutive wins by having the other team ragequit, somehow.
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/347552586
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/347523482
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/320325371
    Anything about our drafts? Hints are welcome, as always.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyhx View Post
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/347552586 - i'm assuming Furion offlane, naix trilane and pudge mid? Disables, slows, stun, global presence. Hilarious shenanigans using Pudge for infest bombs once he has force staff. I like it. Looks like you stomped them pretty hard.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/347523482 - Aggressive trilane top? Luna bot solo? I LOVE aggressive trilanes going top on Radiant. Or standard 2-1-2 lanes with Windrunner and Sven top? I like this draft too. Packs a solid punch but a little too reliant on initiation by Sven, so I would have preferred soul ring+blink instead of morbid mask.

- how on fuck did you lane this? I'm guessing the spacecow just roamed and ganked from the start. Going by the last hits+levels that would leave Enigma jungle, DK offlane, DS bot and Beastmaster mid. The draft initially makes no sense but your heroes all do something important, they counter Omni and NP pretty hard. I would have swapped DK and DS lanes personally. DK is kinda useless without levels + decent farm.

Anything about our drafts? Hints are welcome, as always.
    Godamn fucking 10char.
    Last edited by khaz; 17-10-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Network Hub
    [QUOTE=Wyhx;371918]The latest games of me and my team. We managed to get 2 consecutive wins by having the other team ragequit, somehow.
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/347552586

Agreeing with Wyhx here, a couple of thoughts:
    -First off, the guy on your team with the slark logo, thats my teams logo :P (We googled it, if its his artwork can you ask him nicely if we can use it please).
    -There's a bit of a lack of team fight, unless the pudge lands some really nice pick off hooks, the enemy didn't have much either but if you'd ran into a line up with some more team fight that could have made it more tricky. Also if Pudge mid isn't run that much these days unless your super confident you have a dendi in your side, did well though so seems to work for you guys.
    -One tip for the Pudge... check the items he's picking up, he seems to be SUPER rushing a sheep stick, he has no other stats other than Urn (CM also has Urn; consider having CM swap to a Mek if Pudge is getting Urn, two in a teams not terrible but it is a little redundant if your roaming together). Even if he still wants to get sheep stick before something let him survive or rot run people (which would seem to be crucial) then he'd be better picking up the ulti orb first imo.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/347523482

Roaming Sven and CM? Nice, always a fun line up; also on another point... loving the fact you beat them as they look like idiots

Notes:

- Better build by Pudge, I prefer Phase boots myself when I play him over mana but I can see the appeal.
    - CM and Pudge both have Urn again, she'd be better trying for a Mek, it'd give her a bit more survivability and also your team could do with it come team fight time, or tbh with that team line up and the ganky mentality... possibly drums.
    -Your Luna, 13 minutes 36 lh's might want to work on that a bit, just load up a practise lobby and do the first 8 minutes on her in a lane, get used to her last hit. Aim for around 50 in 8 minutes with free farm. Swap out the beam at lvl 1 (its rubbish at lvl 1) and pick up the Aura, it makes you and all your allies near you hit like a truck at lvl 1, that makes any kills far easier, last hits far easier and also any harass CM gets in will hurt alot more.

http://dotabuff.com/heroes/luna , the most popular skill build is very good (personally I like to get the glaive 1 lvl later but it depends how the games going. Obviously always try to get the beam to max lvl for lvl 7.

Wind Runner - I'd say unless shes going Dagon (why would you go dagon :S) then the Null Tali is a bit of a waste on her, she'd get more out of a standard bracer, she also got stung with not many last hits, it can be tough on an offlane if they have a decent setup, I have to be honest, theres nothing she should suffer with there unless Doom gets an early 6 and doom ganks her (Slardar being tossed in could be painful but they shouldn't able kill her and if she keeps the harass up she'll just out level them and they'll be very low hp alot, tiny starts with a base 0 armour, your auto attack is essentially pure dmg to him) so I'd expect her to be right up in their carries grill and denying / last hitting alot better, even if not in the grill then powershot from distance for creep kills with harass on heroes too. Normal build, perfectly fine... I like that she left the ulti, early game its not really worth it unless your team is rushing towers down.

-Possibly consider only 1 level in warcry on sven early on and invest that level in stats instead, its primarily for the movement speed in gank line ups and that doesn't change with level, although I do love its armour it has to be said but still, there not hitting you when there hit by storm hammer then CM freezes them.

- CM, I have no idea what there offlaner with that line up of theirs (seriously terrible line up from them) was but clearly they wouldn't have had blink, in such I'd consider 1 level in the aoe slow / nuke to get you guys in on the enemy, the slow lasts longer than the freeze at lvl 1 and it has a much larger cast range, that would let you guys get in and drop the storm hammer on them for an easy kill. Also personally my favoured CM build is Q-W-E-E-E-R-E-W-W-W, but each to there own. Also vs that enemy team the chance of her ever channeling her ulti is so low its untrue so I'd consider leaving it and getting a level in W there instead. If she is taking early aura like the build above Pudge can definately ditch his mana boots in favour of more move speed.

Strange draft, not sure how you laned this, Darkseer and Spacecow offlane, Enigma Jungle DK mid and safe lane solo Beast Master?

It's definately heavy on the push I'll give it that, interesting but 4 out of 5 people are Melee, that could have been a mistake if the enemy were any good.

Spirit Breakers items are interesting, there all good on him but personally I'd of thought him getting a little bit of tanky dps going before the madness would have been a good idea, Furion is always going to be food to a good Spirit Breaker though so that doesn't matter too much (I'd suggest SnY on him btw, its rare I suggest it but everything on it synergises with breaker really well).

Other than that, not crazy on the draft but its big and scary and worked

Anything about our drafts? Hints are welcome, as always.[/QUOTE]

Personal thoughts on the drafts in red (Edit: Took out the red, it wasn't needed when I saw the post properly and it looked really negative, I think your doing just fine and these were just fine tuning thoughts).

I noticed you first banned OD in one of the games, good choice I hate him so much mid... however if you are finding that you need to ban something else for a certain line up you want to run try to see if your mid would learn aggressive mid Pugna, its a great counter to him.

Network Hub
    Deleted: Double Post while trying to fix the Qoute section not working above... not a clue what went on here...

Hole response Batman. Thanks
    About the drafts and lanes:
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/347523482 was indeed a 2-1-2 lane, we aren't quite skilled enough to do trilanes without screwing up everyones lashitting, and duncan's not that great of a solo.
    The spacecow draft was a bit of a mess because duncan, our captain, managed to dc during the draft so we missed 2 bans and randomed beastmaster and dk. But it worked out. If I remember correctly our lanes were bara and seer top, beastmaster (me) mid and dk and enigma bot. I ended up roaming after I got level 8 or so. It ended rather quicly.
    And @DenieD: Yeah, my luna is indeed kind of shit. The beam at lvl 1 was a misclick. Although in my defense necro was harassing the shit out of me. And luna is pretty much ricepaper. Cm was tankier than I was.
    I'll try and ask about the artwork, thanks for the hints If we do any more games I'll try and post them here too.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Network Hub
    Hole response Batman. Thanks
    About the drafts and lanes:
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/347523482 was indeed a 2-1-2 lane, we aren't quite skilled enough to do trilanes without screwing up everyones lashitting, and duncan's not that great of a solo.
    The spacecow draft was a bit of a mess because duncan, our captain, managed to dc during the draft so we missed 2 bans and randomed beastmaster and dk. But it worked out. If I remember correctly our lanes were bara and seer top, beastmaster (me) mid and dk and enigma bot. I ended up roaming after I got level 8 or so. It ended rather quicly.
    And @DenieD: Yeah, my luna is indeed kind of shit. The beam at lvl 1 was a misclick. Although in my defense necro was harassing the shit out of me. And luna is pretty much ricepaper. Cm was tankier than I was.
    I'll try and ask about the artwork, thanks for the hints If we do any more games I'll try and post them here too.
    No problem, sorry if it seemed a bit negative, since the other team raged its hard to tell what worked well etc... but generally it seems fine. Trilanes are tough, we're really struggling with a decent safe lane trilane transition into mid game if they put an aggressive Tri vs us at the mo. Our aggressive Tri is quite strong though with a fair few options.

I'm sure your Luna is fine, it just takes some practise getting used to last hitting on a ranged carry, there timing is more dependant than say Sven's last hit as he has no projectile travel time.

I didn't seem negative, no worries. And yeah, if I play a hardcarry it's usually a melee. The only farming ranged heroes I use are invoker and troll. Does anyone have any good trilanes to share? We'd like practice
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    No problem, sorry if it seemed a bit negative, since the other team raged its hard to tell what worked well etc... but generally it seems fine. Trilanes are tough, we're really struggling with a decent safe lane trilane transition into mid game if they put an aggressive Tri vs us at the mo. Our aggressive Tri is quite strong though with a fair few options.

I'm sure your Luna is fine, it just takes some practise getting used to last hitting on a ranged carry, there timing is more dependant than say Sven's last hit as he has no projectile travel time.

Why don't we just stop with the trilanes and give me Chen or Doom every game?

I didn't seem negative, no worries. And yeah, if I play a hardcarry it's usually a melee. The only farming ranged heroes I use are invoker and troll. Does anyone have any good trilanes to share? We'd like practice

Having a Leshrac player on your team improves your trilane coordination so much. Pairing him up with a shadow demon / rubick can result in really easy kills, especially if you add an Alchemist, Sven, Naix, INSERT CARRY OF CHOICE WITH STUN / SLOW HERE. The best things you learn are timing stuns in succession and being able to capitalize on when your opponents are out of position.

I'm still not very good at the whole thing and I certainly don't claim to be an expert - if you make mistakes you can quickly have the situation turned around on you, especially if you're in an agressive tri. In general you should be really careful going in on teams with heroes like Undying / Shadow demon / earthshaker who are amazing at turning ganks around. (seriously, never tower dive a fucking tombstone with melee heroes, unless it's alchemist).

It's definitely something you improve with practice. When we first started our typical Rubick - Leshrac - Kunkka trilane was all over the place with different people going on different heroes and me really suffering with underestimating Rubick's slow movement speed when trying to lift people but we improved it to the point where it's a pretty safe lane to run if we feel we can go aggro.
    Last edited by SpecialSoup; 18-10-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

With the latest patch trilanes will probably take a huge dive in team competitions...
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Activated Node
    With the latest patch trilanes will probably take a huge dive in team competitions...
    I'm looking forward to this.

Meta has been stale for quite a while. I'm hoping stuff like dual mid and roaming heroes come back big time - just as long as it doesn't mean 2-1-2!
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    I'm looking forward to this.

Meta has been stale for quite a while. I'm hoping stuff like dual mid and roaming heroes come back big time - just as long as it doesn't mean 2-1-2!
    It's going to take some work Soup but I think we'll be moving to running Agg. Trilanes, 1-1-1 with 2 roaming gankers and 1-2-2 with 1 in the jungle. We'll be making alot more use of your Chen, especially in the latter 2.

On that note, have you seen Ludo about? I think he might be on holiday (which is bad cos Adam isn't around this week so we're going without practise again lol, man we need some subs).

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    We'll be making alot more use of your Chen.
    I don't think I've ever been happier.

Ludo has been around at some hours over the past few days. I'll send you a message on Enjin, obviously we can't properly practice without Adam but there's plenty of subs around.
    Last edited by SpecialSoup; 21-10-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    I'll Sproink you out m8